WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

To good to be true?

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Listed my 5th wheel today.. Got a text from a florida number wanting to know my bottom dollar. Told him i would entertain any realistic offer and i get this!
Lol!

I am ok with the price of your Rv and willing to pay this sum via paypal. I am not able to come for inspection or pay by cash because i am an offshore oil worker presently at the rig.i will arrange pick up.please get back to me with your paypal email id so i can make an instant payment

Kenny D

Reaction score
Had the same thing last Friday on my boat for sale in boat trader.He wanted my name,who is the right owner and do i have a paypal account.

Tank

Reaction score
Every time I list anything I get that. I like to screw with them. Type back "you're offshore? Sweet in in the industry, what rig? What's your position? You're going to love this (insert item) it's awesome. Let me know what the next step is. Then I keep screwing with them.

Tell then the price needs to go up for the inconvenience. Give them a fake paypal address. Play dumb. I like to think it takes up their time just enough to get frustrated. Karma. :D

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
Scamarooney.When i had my 5th wheel for sale? Two guys said they were on their way. To hold it.Sure they were...As it turned out? They DID both show up. lol First one there(by 20 mins) got it..

Kenny D

Reaction score
The number for the text was 518 856-3941I text back that I did not have a paypal account never heard another word.The area code is upper state New york

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
You can immediately tell its a scam, when the following phrases are used:

"I am interested in your (insert exact wording from title of your add here)"
"What is your best / final asking price"
"I am ok with the current condition"
-and then, offering any time of electronic payment sight unseen.

Basically....any buyer who is "ok with your current asking price" sight unseen is a scammer.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Basically....any buyer who is "ok with your current asking price" sight unseen is a scammer.

Kinda funny you say that. When I was selling my 93 Yukon 2 door I had 2 guys email me saying theyd take it essentially as is after I sold it. But that was a little different cause it turns out the market for those was much stronger than I had known at the time and coulda sold it for another 800 or so. Lol!

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Selling my boat, one a inquiry I got (VIA EMAIL), was a guy telling me he didn't have an email address and that I could only call him at home because his iphone didn't accept text.

Replied back "Why don't you just call me my number is KLondike 5-5000" :D

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
We get a number of scammers that inquire through our website. They'll ask for an item with basic features, agree to any price we put on them and then request we email their buddy who is a freight forwarder to arrange shipment to somewhere out of country. The deal is for us to pay the freight and they'll reimburse us the total. Idiots using gmail and yahoo that pick some obscure business on the internet that is near impossible to contact.

I'm sure they send hundreds of these out and catch a couple time to time.:rolleyes

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Asshole never responded after i said i didn't have papal and if he had any other option! I feel so used! Lol

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Got this last week on a trailer I inquired about using the RVTrader contact tool on a premium ad. Then poof, it was gone. I knew it was to good to be true, but emailed anyway.
Hi,

I'm writing you regarding my 2006 Sunline Solaris. The camper is still for sale and is in excellent condition as you can see from the pictures, never abused. If you are interested in buying it, the price is $2,500 and the shipping to your location will be included in the price. The camper is in Hartford, CT now. I sell the camper at this price because I cannot enjoy it due to my job(I am Lt.Colonel in US Marine Corps)and I don't have any person in my family to use it! It was my ex-husband dream camper but he died 2 years ago,so I want another person to really enjoy it! The camper make me bad memories if you can understand me. All the documents will be provided along with the camper. Also about payment and shipping I will use only Amazon so we can both be protected. I am looking forward to hear from you.

PS: Here you have the camper specifics:

2006 Sunline Solaris , The trailer is a non smoked in unit and features a queen bed, A/C, ducted furnace, 6 gallon gas/electric hot water heater, 3 burner range with electric ignition, exhaust hood, microwave, awning, twin 20 lb propane tanks, twin 12 volt batteries, jackknife sofa, swivel rocking chair, stereo CD player, pantry, outside shower compartment and spare tire carrier. Take a good look at the interior layout and you will find something uncommon in a trailer this size; the storage. There are more cabinets, closets and storage compartments than any other trailer this size.The tires are 3 years old but have 95% of their tread and have been covered with tire covers, and the unit has been kept out of the sun so everything is in good condition and all systems work as they should. EXTRAS INCLUDED: Brand new two way refrigerator/freezer, Anti-sway leveling hitch, 2-Ton hydraulic trolley jack Portable electric rotisserie/oven (under sink) Complete set of dinnerware and silverware Non-smoker and no pets TV Ceiling power vent, Electric tongue jack, Electric toaster Portable auxiliary electric heater HP Printer (under sofa), Sleeping Capacity:4, Length:24

Thank you,
Lt.Col Carla Demsey

This yesterday from Craigs.
Regarding the Craig's list for sale posting. is it still obtainable.please let me know what your schedule looks like for tomorow and we can hopefully set up an appointment to meet. if you would like me to come look at it that's fine. I never know when I have to work on call most of the time. right now I'm to be available Today and tomorow after 8pm,you should reach me at [email protected]. let me know if your still selling thanks. I look forward to talk to you soon!.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Just got this!

paypal is the Only option opened to me at the moment you can register a paypal account it is safe for both the buyer and the seller, just log unto www.paypal.com and register

C-2

Reaction score
8-11-2015 8-16-00 AM.jpg 8-11-2015 8-16-35 AM.jpg