WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

To the law enforcement of this forum

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
just because a civilian or myself doesn’t agree with you

Does not make me a cop hater.

I get give job is dangerous and that certain demographics are encouraged to be vocal about disliking you but you need to chill and stop using it for a bandaid excuse in future.

Anyways. Stay safe and thanks for your public service.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I had a traffic stop the other day and got a lecture why I pulled into the gas station on the left vs going through the light and pulling on a narrow shoulder

I said this was a safer place to stop

Officer said, oh you are one of those that needs to be stopped in a public place to be safe

I literally laughed in his face and said it was a safer place for him to make a stop vs rush hour traffic inches from his body

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I had a traffic stop the other day and got a lecture why I pulled into the gas station on the left vs going through the light and pulling on a narrow shoulder

I said this was a safer place to stop

Officer said, oh you are one of those that needs to be stopped in a public place to be safe

I literally laughed in his face and said it was a safer place for him to make a stop vs rush hour traffic inches from his body

Can a gas station island be considered a dock?

LowRiver2

Reaction score

I get give job is dangerous and that certain demographics are encouraged to be vocal about disliking you but you need to chill and stop using it for a bandaid excuse in future.

Has to make a statement=guilt
Silly

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Just s lecture. He stopped me for avoiding a collision from an idiot in front of me that he couldn’t see.

He went on and on about Az law requires you to go right. I nodded my head and handed him my Alaska DL lol. He shut up and walked back to his car and quickly came back and said have a nice day

But it just reminds me with today’s post.

Why are cops so touchy about it now. It’s not like the ghetto liked them in 1968 either.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Agreed, 100%

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I want to see the body cam footage! Bunch of cop haters on this forum!:D:D:D

Universal Elements

Reaction score
It’s a job that is thankless and I would never want to do. If you’d see the shit LE’s see on a daily basis, you become desensitized. They are human too, you know bad days. Very high on divorce rates, kids miss out on their LE parent participation due to job demands and the pay is not stellar. A cop is no longer A cop. He is scrutinized in all his actions and at the same time needs to make sure he comes home every night. Just the paperwork, recurring training, technology is overwhelming. In all my years, if you treat them with respect, you’ll get the same in return. I have a lot of neighbors who are LE and firemen. Fun people and neighborhood is safe. Honestly, you’d be an idiot to do something stupid. As far as firearms, not my problem who has what.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
You have a grudge and I called you on it.
Go ahead and cry foul, I made myself clear.

Couldn’t be further from the truth. I just think it’s disappointing to see someone act unprofessional with that kinda of knee jerk comment. Would you make that same comment?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It’s a job that is thankless and I would never want to do. If you’d see the shit LE’s see on a daily basis, you become desensitized. They are human too, you know bad days. Very high on divorce rates, kids miss out on their LE parent participation due to job demands and the pay is not stellar. A cop is no longer A cop. He is scrutinized in all his actions and at the same time needs to make sure he comes home every night. Just the paperwork, recurring training, technology is overwhelming. In all my years, if you treat them with respect, you’ll get the same in return. I have a lot of neighbors who are LE and firemen. Fun people and neighborhood is safe. Honestly, you’d be an idiot to do something stupid. As far as firearms, not my problem who has what.
Thankless is right. And basically anyone they pulled over is pissed before they ever even reach their window.
But...........if they call the police they want them there yesterday, then again angry if it takes 3-5 minutes.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Also we realize that the government is ruled by a bunch morons and schisters who are the ones responsible for making the rules

Sometimes us civilians like to vent about the stupid shit the government does and that does not automatically mean that includes you.

Some of us realize that you are a human doing a job with little to no say about the rules you are required to follow. Or run the risk of losing that job and livelihood if you don’t

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Thankless is right. And basically anyone they pulled over is pissed before they ever even reach their window.
But...........if they call the police they want them there yesterday, then again angry if it takes 3-5 minutes.

Not everybody. I’m the easiest stop in the world. Literally told him I stopped where I did out of his welfare vs traffic. He was fine with that but he just jumped to the conclusion that I was a cop hating shitbird.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
It’s a message board, casual talk
Get over yourself

Hey, hey better watch out. Someone may call your CO and dime you out. That won’t be casual. Better be careful, lot of snitches on these boards. One thing that is good with criminals... snitches get stitches and keep their mouth shut.

Reactions: t&y

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Not everybody. I’m the easiest stop in the world. Literally told him I stopped where I did out of his welfare vs traffic. He was fine with that but he just jumped to the conclusion that I was a cop hating shitbird.
Did he call you that? If not then you are making up shit.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Maybe it was your body language and/or demeanor, you did say you literally laughed in his face when he made a comment about where you stopped, most people pull to the right when they’re being pulled over let the cop worry about where he’s pulling you over at. I know a lot of people are going to disagree with that but so be it.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
My body language is always two hands on the steering wheel.

I was in the left turn lane when he went in code.

I laughed after he asked if I “ was the kind of person that needs to be in public place because of the bad police or something to that effect”

Then I lol

Then told him what agency I work for
Then told him why I stopped there

Then he lectured about right vs left I nodded my face and showed my ids

Then he quickly released me, I thanked him and shook him hand

Cdog

Reaction score
th.jpeg

Dana757

Reaction score
Cops get fucked with by so many that I would think it makes them jaded after awhile. At least I know it would me. I met some gal that goes around doing things to provoke a police response just so she can video them for youtube content. Her logic is she is trying to flush out bad cops. What a fucked mindset that is. She got her's though. She was videoing a muslim mosque right after the New Zealand mass shooting. Instead of calling the cops the security guard shot her! I was like, you wanted a response and you got it. lol

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
BNAG!!

She was videoing a muslim mosque right after the New Zealand mass shooting. Instead of calling the cops the security guard shot her! I was like, you wanted a response and you got it. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Said before and I’ll say it again.. LHC has the best cops in the country. Never had a bad experience with one.

Have had plenty of terrible interactions with them in CA, and even neighboring towns. None of which were necessary..

Somewhere around the 2000’s the dynamic shifted. A police force is supposed to de-escalate situations.. A military force is supposed to overcome by show of force.

The training changed to a more military style in modern times where its submission instantly regardless of the situation.. the quicker you submit the supposedly better citizen you are, and damned your constitutional rights..

Now if you do much as ask a question it is considered “escalating” in most places, or being controversial..

I thank god I don’t live in a town like that.

As for “thankless job.” I couldn’t disagree more. Quite literally everyone says “thank you for your service”. I don’t know if any private sector jobs where you are thanked multiple times daily, or in a lot of cases labeled a hero just for putting on a uniform regardless of your actions? (Broward County?).

Pay / Overtime / benefits aside (which depending on the area can be great!) I would say the job is anything but “thankless?”

Unless maybe I’m misunderstanding the term? Lol.

D19

Reaction score
As for “thankless job.” I couldn’t disagree more. Quite literally everyone says “thank you for your service”. I don’t know if any private sector jobs where you are thanked multiple times daily, or in a lot of cases labeled a hero just for putting on a uniform regardless of your actions? (Broward County?).

Pay / Overtime / benefits aside (which depending on the area can be great!) I would say the job is anything but “thankless?”

I agree with you. How is that a thankless job with everyone driving around with those blue line /cop worship decals on their cars? I see 20 a day. Lol

Garbage men. Now there's a thankless job.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Said before and I’ll say it again.. LHC has the best cops in the country. Never had a bad experience with one.

Have had plenty of terrible interactions with them in CA, and even neighboring towns. None of which were necessary..

Somewhere around the 2000’s the dynamic shifted. A police force is supposed to de-escalate situations.. A military force is supposed to overcome by show of force.

The training changed to a more military style in modern times where its submission instantly regardless of the situation.. the quicker you submit the supposedly better citizen you are, and damned your constitutional rights..

Now if you do much as ask a question it is considered “escalating” in most places, or being controversial..

Submission is not giving up your constitutional rights. And being civil and respectful is not submission. The cop has a right to go home that night just as much as any of the constitutional rights you have. If you start talking shit, and disobeying orders from the cops, it is not and should not go well for you. In the mid 2000s people started filming shit on their phones to try to catch cops out by goading them into actions that may be over the line. Cops responded to that trend by changing tactics to gain control of a situation as quickly as possible. Sometimes that had a militaristic look to it, sometimes it is de-escalation.

I've had run ins with plenty of asshole cops. It is what it is, not all cops are going to leave a good impression, they are people. If I call a cop for something I want a response to address whatever issue made me call them in the first place. If that response looks like a military one, great.

I don't know what qualifies LHC cops as the best in the country, but hey that is fine if you think so.

As far as the thanks, it is what it is, they signed up for the job. They don't go around thanking taxpayers when they are retired drawing their pensions. :)

Last edited:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Get snared up in a License stop(DUI checkpoint) by turning to avoid such a stop and you will get a quick lesson. :)

I can't for the life of me why anybody would give a cop the smallest form of attitude for any reason.Just yes sir , no sir and be on your way.ticket or no ticket

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Everyone "thanks" them for their services until the flashing lights come on behind them.
I find many of those thank yous sound hollow.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I agree with you. How is that a thankless job with everyone driving around with those blue line /cop worship decals on their cars? I see 20 a day. Lol

Garbage men. Now there's a thankless job.
Lol, non leo putting stickers on cars are hoping it'll help them if pulled over. My cop friend said he got asked for them all the time.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
For fun, noted. We have Very different versions of fun.

I did it because lowes was closing and I needed a fitting for the car lift i was installing, or my car was sitting outside overnight. I missed lowes.

I beat his bs ticket and it took two days out of my life to do it.

I called that prick a liar in court as well with his measurements and figures that were blatantly false to make me look as bad as possible in hopes that I wasn't prepared.

Brian

I did that for fun once when I hadn't had anything to drink.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I took pictures from his vantage point, measurements from the shop driveway to the signal, width of the street, the driveway egrees and igress. I had almost 20 pages. The judge asked if I was an attorney. :)

D19

Reaction score
Lol, non leo putting stickers on cars are hoping it'll help them if pulled over. My cop friend said he got asked for them all the time.

Ok Ziggy, we get it. You really love cops. Do you dress up like one on Halloween? lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
For fun, noted. We have Very different versions of fun.

I did it because lowes was closing and I needed a fitting for the car lift i was installing, or my car was sitting outside overnight. I missed lowes.

I beat his bs ticket and it took two days out of my life to do it.

I called that prick a liar in court as well with his measurements and figures that were blatantly false to make me look as bad as possible in hopes that I wasn't prepared.

Brian

I didn't get a ticket.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Cause I had somewhere to be, not in some bs stop. But you already knew that gangster.
Oh I see, nobody else needed to be anywhere though.
You've got to think the leo is watching for those that try to circumnavigate a stop.
Chances are going through it would have been way faster and then not taken an extra two days of your life.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The best thing was hearing all the stories about the uber and lyft drivers getting pulled over for the same thing. Fuckin comedy.

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
Oh I see, nobody else needed to be anywhere though.
You've got to think the leo is watching for those that try to circumnavigate a stop.
Chances are going through it would have been way faster and then not taken an extra two days of your life.
Damn dude give it a break, I can hear you gagging on the whole police force