WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Today I am 10 years cancer free!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
When initially diagnosed the 10 year survival rate was right about 57%. I remember a member on RDP telling me I will change those odds. I wish I could remember who it was because it has stuck with me this entire time and I’d like to thank them.

Well today I changed the odds for the better! We are celebrating in Lake Tahoe!

spectracular

Reaction score
When initially diagnosed the 10 year survival rate was right about 57%. I remember a member on RDP telling me I will change those odds. I wish I could remember who it was because it has stuck with me this entire time and I’d like to thank them.

Congrats Grads.

Chances are that all of us will experience cancer in our lives, either personally or through a family member. What can you share that helped get you through it?

Fuck cancer.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

10 years now? I mean that’s great for you but damn, it doesn’t seem that long ago.
Damn we’re all getting old .

buck35

Reaction score
Congratulations gregg! My BIL had a stage 4 of some kind of lymphoma ,many years ago that was supposed not be a death sentence and is alive and well still. Keep on keeping on!:):cool:

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have been to way too many funerals of family members that died from cancer.

Congrats.on changing the odds

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Best part about that whole mess was that you raised awareness among the inmates about skin cancer and the need to get checked by a doctor

KevinR

Reaction score
Great to hear Greg. Here’s to 10 more!

Blue Oval

Reaction score
I have lost several good friends to cancer including my Father. Congratulations!! Always great to hear some winning stories!!

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
congrats, hopefully many more survivors can say the same thing!
Congrats GRADS, KILL CANCER, I'm 2 1/2 years Cancer Free. l was lucky Mine was in my Liver and only in my liver, so I got a liver Transplant. I waited over 2 years in Californy at UCSF Frisco, I almost died waiting, So I moved To The Portland area and in Three weeks time I got a Liver transplant at OSHU Portland. So if Anyone knows someone that needs a transplant Do not WASTE your time At Frisco UUCSF. it is a point system that sucks, Californy points for a Transplant is 34-36, and in Portland Oregon the points for a Transplant is 24-26, So I got boosted to the top of the list. Fuck Californy

Reaction score
Good to hear that wish you another 50 yearsl!!!!! Later Doug ps had my heart removed 3 years ago took veins out of my legs and rebuilt my heart on a table same Dr as McJagger from the Roll Stones had done in New York City

GRADS

Reaction score
Thank you everyone, today was an incredibly emotional day topped off with lots of booze. I will thank all of you tomorrow

GRADS

Reaction score
Congrats Grads.

Chances are that all of us will experience cancer in our lives, either personally or through a family member. What can you share that helped get you through it?

Fuck cancer.
I'm not sure I can give any great advice to get through it. I will say this, a positive attitude goes a long way but with that said there were many times I was balled up on the couch with my sweatshirt pulled over my head thinking I haven't had enough time with my nephews and would they even remember me if something happened. Don't let those thoughts get the best of you.

One positive to come out of it is, it puts things into perspective. It really makes you realize what is important at the end of the day. This is going to sound weird but in the end I am better for it.
Best part about that whole mess was that you raised awareness among the inmates about skin cancer and the need to get checked by a doctor
Yep, even if one RDP got checked because of my thread I'm good with that. Especially now because early detection is key and treatment has come a LONG way even in 10 years.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
When I'm having a shit day, as long as my family is ok, I drive by the hospital and remember when I wished it would be this good.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I'm not sure I can give any great advice to get through it. I will say this, a positive attitude goes a long way but with that said there were many times I was balled up on the couch with my sweatshirt pulled over my head thinking I haven't had enough time with my nephews and would they even remember me if something happened. Don't let those thoughts get the best of you.

One positive to come out of it is, it puts things into perspective. It really makes you realize what is important at the end of the day. This is going to sound weird but in the end I am better for it.

Yep, even if one RDP got checked because of my thread I'm good with that. Especially now because early detection is key and treatment has come a LONG way even in 10 years.
Ditto, Grads, Early detection Saved my life so I could get my liver transplant, in Oregon not here Californy, You will die wanting in Californy.