WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tom Brown?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Canadian member that was on the forums for over a decade. A year or so ago he more or less left rdp. He and jbb started another forum awhile back but from what I understand it shut down awhile ago. He can still be found on Facebook, and other sites occasionally. He's a hell of a nice guy, with a bit of a twisted sense of humor. JBB was one of the founders of this site with me back in 2007

Gasnsuntanlotion

Reaction score
Canadian member that was on the forums for over a decade. A year or so ago he more or less left rdp. He and jerboas rain started another forum awhile back but from what I understand it shut down awhile ago. He can still be found on Facebook, and other sites occasionally. He's a hell of a nice guy, with a bit of a twisted sense of humor.

What part of Canada does he live?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Canadian member that was on the forums for over a decade. A year or so ago he more or less left rdp. He and jbb started another forum awhile back but from what I understand it shut down awhile ago. He can still be found on Facebook, and other sites occasionally. He's a hell of a nice guy, with a bit of a twisted sense of humor. JBB was one of the founders of this site with me back in 2007

Their site is up n running with a literally a handful of familiar faces.
Tom Browns humour is definitely borne north of our border:p

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Never crossed his path. Mind you I live in B.C.

Who is Tom Brown??
leskosit2.jpg

juicemanuf4.gif

spock-tombrown.jpg

BronwsAR15.jpg

playdeep

Reaction score
This will probably get me relegated to "Grads"status but....
IMO,
He was just a sick phuck.
The Internet was a godsend for him,it allowed him to say shit to people that he'd never say to their face.
I think he reveled in his Internet phenom status,buoyed by a couple of boot lickers who fawned over his every post.(I think they were afraid he'd light em up)

He had a man crush on Froggy.

Always wanted to meet him,just to see if he was as mouthy face to face

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
IMO,
The Internet was a godsend for him,it allowed him to say shit to people that he'd never say to their face.
I think he reveled in his Internet phenom status,buoyed by a couple of boot lickers who fawned over his every post.(I think they were afraid he'd light em up)

I know quite a few people that share that same sentiment.. I don't share it, but I like to think I understood his humor more then most.

I will say his main problem with this place was always me asking him to throttle it back or in some cases removing it etc.

Make no mistake though if you look through the poop jokes he is an amazingly intelligent and talented individual. Also one of the hardest working people I have ever known. At some point though the fun factor of the boards changed from sharing and being part of the communities.. To fishing and getting some poor sap on the line and twisting them inside out. While that was fine for some of the past forums, it's really not what I want here or the future of this place.

To answer your question though. No he's not like that in person. Him and Anne are very kind and worldly people.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
IMO,

I think the exact opposite.

milkmoney

Reaction score
IMO,

So you jus posted the same thing , that you think of him. ????

I agree with the other post of RD and grads , was he over the line sometimes , sure we all do , I have ever read where he attacked anyone's family , I miss his humor here [emoji202]

The word " sick phuck" is disturbing to me , that u use that.

Would you be as mouthy in person as you type ???? Jus a ? , not calling you out

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I think he was a misunderstood genius, that those with onion skin could not tolerate due to their insecurities,

He is/ was as full of shit as any of us that are on this site...except he could easily destroy your credit rating via a computer!:yikes
I liked Tom, but I could piss him off for real.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Tom was the first guy to welcome me to RDP.:thumbup:

Surprisingly his forum is a kindly place.:p

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I miss Tom Brown and his humor. Hopefully one day he will decide to come back and post again.

Whatever he is up to these days, I hope he is doing well.

Oh yeah, bring back JBB, his thatch, and that mangy little ankle biter dog Bobo. [emoji1] [emoji106]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I miss those guys.
Wish it could all be smoothed over.

Mr.Puck

Reaction score
I miss Tom Brown and his humor. Hopefully one day he will decide to come back and post again.

Whatever he is up to these days, I hope he is doing well.

Oh yeah, bring back JBB, his thatch, and that mangy little ankle biter dog Bobo. [emoji1] [emoji106]

^^^
This x2 ! 🍻

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I miss those guys.
Wish it could all be smoothed over.

Well there's the thing. There's nothing to smooth? They aren't banned. I'm not mad at anyone.

People go different directions in life all the time. It doesn't always have to end in some Internet forum I'm never gonna post here suicide note..

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I know I'm still new but who's Tom Brown? And where did he go?

I'm proud to say, Tom is my friend. He is a highly intelligent individual that walks to his own vision of what his life should be, and not what others think it should be. His humor was So fucking over that top, half the time I had to google the words he used, to figure out wtf he was talking about! Only then did it make sense. He it way smarter than most of us will ever be.

He used to spend a lot of time on this forum, making a lot of us laugh our ass's off. Some of us miss him here greatly. Apparently others (that clearly never got to know him), not so much. He lives up in Canada in a beautiful place, most of us would love to live in. Married to a very pretty gal, who is just as smart and well spoken as him.

He loved to fuck with people! If you let him, he would piss you off to no end! But you had to let him, the choice was yours. Some people just don't have the ability to comprehend, that the choices you make are your own. They can't comprehend that if You are pissed off, it's your own doing. Tom would spin these people in circles just to have fun with them, and the rest of us enjoyed the show! :D

Mean? Maybe. Bully? Maybe. But Tom could take it as well as dish it out. He was never a one way kinna guy. :thumbup:

This place use to be not stop laughs. Lots of thick skin fuckheads, going at each other all day. Nobody got butt hurt. It was all good fun, but sadly those days are gone.

Tom left with them He is missed but a lot of us...

IMGP2523.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

Who is Tom Brown? He's the guy who is not in this picture below of my family, OC's family and his family. He's not there (cause we found out later) he had snuck off to pay the whole bill for all 10 of us in Catalina this particular day. That's who Tom Brown is. One fucking outstanding guy.

IMGP2464.jpg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I'm proud to say, Tom is my friend. He is a highly intelligent individual that walks to his own vision of what his life should be, and not what others think it should be. His humor was So fucking over that top, half the time I had to google the words he used, to figure out wtf he was talking about! Only then did it make sense. He it way smarter than most of us will ever be.

He used to spend a lot of time on this forum, making a lot of us laugh our ass's off. Some of us miss him here greatly. Apparently others (that clearly never got to know him), not so much. He lives up in Canada in a beautiful place, most of us would love to live in. Married to a very pretty gal, who is just as smart and well spoken as him.

He loved to fuck with people! If you let him, he would piss you off to no end! But you had to let him, the choice was yours. Some people just don't have the ability to comprehend, that the choices you make are your own. They can't comprehend that if You are pissed off, it's your own doing. Tom would spin these people in circles just to have fun with them, and the rest of us enjoyed the show! :D

Mean? Maybe. Bully? Maybe. But Tom could take it as well as dish it out. He was never a one way kinna guy. :thumbup:

This place use to be not stop laughs. Lots of thick skin fuckheads, going at each other all day. Nobody got butt hurt. It was all good fun, but sadly those days are gone.

Tom left with them He is missed but a lot of us...

View attachment 480034

View attachment 480035

Who is Tom Brown? He's the guy who is not in this picture below of my family, OC's family and his family. He's not there (cause we found out later) he had snuck off to pay the whole bill for all 10 of us in Catalina this particular day. That's who Tom Brown is. One fucking outstanding guy.

View attachment 480036

Very well put, RM. Tom is a great guy and I wish I could've got to know him like you and OC did.

I still crack up at his humor. A one of a kind person for sure.

Fuck Brown lol

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...His humor is what brought me to this site...He could take the simple and mundane and convolute it into the most complex and outrageous...More than once he had me rolling on the floor...In stark contrast the Slow Whacker mental style initally kept me away,...but Tom Brown and all that knew how to play the game drew me in ... The back-and-forth banter that he created is sorely missed... I love to watch a genius at work...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
...His humor is what brought me to this site...He could take the simple and mundane and convolute it into the most complex and outrageous...More than once he had me rolling on the floor...In stark contrast the Slow Whacker mental style initally kept me away,...but Tom Brown and all that knew how to play the game drew me in ... The back-and-forth banter that he created is sorely missed... I love to watch a genius at work...

That all said, the victims of those games were also permanently driven away from not only this site but boating forums in general. Some of those people were decent people others were mentally unstable.

When all that shit was going on my phone was blowing up constantly. Not just on brown but a few of the regular clowns. There was a few actual fist fights that happened from shit that transpired on a few of the sites etc.. Lots of friendships and a few marriages etc ruined.

Now that for the most part a lot of that shit is gone.. The only time my phone rings is when it's someone calling to shoot the shit, or a Mfg telling me about something new etc..

I didn't start this place to be hotboat version 2.. And I helped start other boards that ended up being like that and there's a reason I left them and want no part of it.

It's simple RDP is a place to escape work for a few minutes a day.. A place to share custom builds and good weekends, and a sense of community members can lean on when needed etc whether that be emotional or other.. A place where mfg's can in someways interact with the public without fear of having the haters bash the shit out of them etc..

When you stray much outside of those parameters is when things start going down hill in a hurry. People say drama creates clicks.. My response to that is it doesn't in the long run. Negativity breeds negativity.

While I consider Tom a friend, I gotta be honest.. I miss him not the Schtick.

TBulger

Reaction score
Did I miss the name of Tom's site, or does anyone have it? Thanks :)

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
JBB's killer dog BoBo was always on the hunt and JBB's green lawn was admired around the country.:D
BoBo.jpg
mmmmm1.jpg
Tom Brown was great to read especially when he and ratso started rolling on lifes ups and downs on HotBoat and early in RDP.:D:thumbup:
O, by the way.:D
Carr Family shot of Uncle Brown Eye.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
That all said, the victims of those games were also permanently driven away from not only this site but boating forums in general. Some of those people were decent people others were mentally unstable.

When all that shit was going on my phone was blowing up constantly. Not just on brown but a few of the regular clowns. There was a few actual fist fights that happened from shit that transpired on a few of the sites etc.. Lots of friendships and a few marriages etc ruined.

Now that for the most part a lot of that shit is gone.. The only time my phone rings is when it's someone calling to shoot the shit, or a Mfg telling me about something new etc..

I didn't start this place to be hotboat version 2.. And I helped start other boards that ended up being like that and there's a reason I left them and want no part of it.

It's simple RDP is a place to escape work for a few minutes a day.. A place to share custom builds and good weekends, and a sense of community members can lean on when needed etc whether that be emotional or other.. A place where mfg's can in someways interact with the public without fear of having the haters bash the shit out of them etc..

When you stray much outside of those parameters is when things start going down hill in a hurry. People say drama creates clicks.. My response to that is it doesn't in the long run. Negativity breeds negativity.

...And that truthfully being said ,... how easily I had forgotten the term...ramifications...
...It's all coming back to me now,... the good the bad and the ugly...
...The nerve pain meds they have given me,...unfortunately have temporarily put on hold a good deal of my memory... I have to be reminded of things of the past...before it was instant recall...

playdeep

Reaction score

This thread has gone pretty much the way I had anticipated it would...
It's not about being thick skinned or not,
To me,it's about the old adage of never post something derogatory to someone that you wouldn't say to their face...
I seriously doubt that he'd of been as lippy face to face.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
To me,it's about the old adage of never post something derogatory to someone that you wouldn't say to their face...

You would be right.. But the inverse of that coin is why take something so personally that is just words on a screen.. I know sometimes easier said then done, but it really boils down to that.

For myself, I just don't see the need for baiting and never ending arguments on here..

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Tom didn't really say derogatory things directly......he made you have to think or look up what he said...lol