WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tom Morey died blind and broke

Reaction score

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
These things were big when I was a kid. Now I hardly see them anymore. Once in awhile I'll see them in a surf store but they are more likely to be some knock off, and they've been modernized to not give you that foam rash. They were fun for the ocean, riding waves in, doing tricks etc.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
These things were big when I was a kid. Now I hardly see them anymore. Once in awhile I'll see them in a surf store but they are more likely to be some knock off, and they've been modernized to not give you that foam rash. They were fun for the ocean, riding waves in, doing tricks etc.
I was a fan. Rip
7D30AC5B-3AF7-4FA7-BD1D-026ED150D6CB.jpeg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I couldn't surf but I kicked ass on a boogie board. Almost died a few times, invincible teen/twenty something feared nothing.🤪😄
RIP Tom, thank you for creating the tool for so many epic memories!
Same.
Makapuu ate my lunch more than once. Broke ribs and dislocated shoulder on one Beach crash.
Sandy’s as well but it is a smaller break.
My favorite boogie board beach of all time is Waimea by far.
Spent almost a year every weekend on that boogie board in Hawaii. At first the locals and lifeguards ran me off quite a bit. Then they’d start giving me pointers and sort of line me out.
After about 3 months I could go out during closed beaches with the locals.
I’ll never forget the first time a lifeguard at Makapuu called me “local”...I was beaming with pride! Lol
A white guy was arguing because the lifeguard beached him during a closed beach. (Undertows and maybe a 6’ break, closed flags were posted)
The dude says “why does that guy get to go out?”
Lifeguard said “he’s local”...
Even now it makes me smile!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I was boogie boarding at Waimea, hit the bottom so hard it filled up the pockets of my OP shorts with sand. I thought my ribs were broken.

This was supposed to be fun!

🤪
Lol!
That’s what I did at Makapuu.
Came off the top and free fell like 8’ or more straight onto the sand...then the water crashed onto me. That’s the day I went to the emergency room.
I’ll try to find the picture. I’m wrapped up in bandages like a freaking chalupa.
After that I learned real fast to traverse and to kick out. My favorite move was a barrel roll out over the back. I’d try back flips out but never quite pulled it off.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Looks like everyone and their brother started knocking them off when the patent ran out. Loved mine as a kid. Surfing and behind the boat.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I had several boogie boards. My son has 2 eight now. Still rocks them both

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
This is a closed beach day at Makapuu.
No beach break and no one in the water inside.
This would be the biggest I’d ever go out in at Makapuu, and it took a long time to get to where I could do it, and to where they’d let me go out at all on a closed beach.
I love that place! Now I miss it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Didn’t know him, but he sure provided a lot of good times for myself and friends in my youth! Wonderful legacy