WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tomorrow: A really big dick rides a really big dick...

Taboma

Reaction score
The capsule fired a "skirt" rocket 6' above ground to slow it down from 16 MPH which is why it was such a soft landing.
Ahhh, so much powder dust, hard to see what was going on right at touchdown.

Taboma

Reaction score
I heard one person bid like $24 million to ride this flight.
You know how they had the 'Speed', and 'Altitude' tickers on the screen??? . . it'd be cool if someone did the same for a dollar amount beginning at $0.00 as the rocket fired , , ,then ran to $24 million when it touched-down !
That would put things onto perspective !!! 🤣 🤘

The story behind who actually won the auction and wasn't able to go due to some prior engagement, then the # 2 bidder getting the nod, but instead he handed the honors to his 18 year old son Oliver. Very Cool indeed. 👍

hallett21

Reaction score
Jealousy as in no fucking way…

There are plenty of bad things Bezos has done to America and it’s citizens.

For starters his trillion dollar company has helped make China more profitable and powerful than ever before, while hurting American companies and their employees.

And he owns and directs the Washington Post, perhaps the most liberal newspaper in the United States, in their anti-American activities

Guy started selling books online in his garage. He just rode an autonomous rocket he paid for into space today. I’ll tip my hat to anyone who can say the same.

Hard for anyone to say what they would do in his shoes if they lived the exact life. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Guy started selling books online in his garage. He just rode an autonomous rocket he paid for into space today. I’ll tip my hat to anyone who can say the same.

Hard for anyone to say what they would do in his shoes if they lived the exact life. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It impressed me that the guy signing the check, went for the ride.

Me, with the metric shit ton of money, I'd stay on the ground. Maybe hire a bunch of "Batman Ninjas" to clean some places up...and build myself something that burns nitro.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
9B66D0B0-F0DD-4A25-BCE7-0EA2469A133E.jpeg

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
It impressed me that the guy signing the check, went for the ride.

Me, with the metric shit ton of money, I'd stay on the ground. Maybe hire a bunch of "Batman Ninjas" to clean some places up...and build myself something that burns nitro.
Same as me!! As the wife and I walk through the pits at NHRA events I just fantasize about having the scratch to own one of those teams with NO sponsors, just ME footing the bill like the Capco boys. I don't want to drive it but I would love to be able to work on it off event. I'm too old and fat to work on it between rounds!!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Same as me!! As the wife and I walk through the pits at NHRA events I just fantasize about having the scratch to own one of those teams with NO sponsors, just ME footing the bill like the Capco boys. I don't want to drive it but I would love to be able to work on it off event. I'm too old and fat to work on it between rounds!!!
Looked ever so briefly into building a nostalgia car. Even running a conservative 50% will clear your sinuses. As a kid in the mid 80's and into the 90's I was at Pomona most every event. Feeling the thump in your chest, right as the methanol clears out to the fuel...better than drugs and booze.

530RL

Reaction score
Jealousy as in no fucking way…

There are plenty of bad things Bezos has done to America and it’s citizens.

For starters his trillion dollar company has helped make China more profitable and powerful than ever before, while hurting American companies and their employees.

And he owns and directs the Washington Post, perhaps the most liberal newspaper in the United States, in their anti-American activities

He simply fulfilled what the market demanded. Otherwise he wouldn’t be worth 200 billion.

Hate it if you want, but he simply achieved the American dream. 🤷🤷🤷

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Funny, my American dream has nothing to do with building up Chinese wealth.

Flip side to that same coin, my dream has never been about attaining great wealth, or controlling what others feel is the "American Dream".

Am I jealous of his wealth? No, not really.
I'd say if anything, I'm jealous of this one trip. He went 2k mph, and got to see the world from a view most have only dreamt of. That's pretty cool, no matter who, or what, he may be.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Looked ever so briefly into building a nostalgia car. Even running a conservative 50% will clear your sinuses. As a kid in the mid 80's and into the 90's I was at Pomona most every event. Feeling the thump in your chest, right as the methanol clears out to the fuel...better than drugs and booze.
Late 70's, OCIR, in the pits watching the big boys get warmed for the first round, my future wife's first event and she couldn't understand why I said we need to move." We've been standing here for the last 1/2 hour and you want to LEAVE, phuck NO." OK, I warned you. she thought it was the coolest thing ever until the fuel started flowing and the grenades going off. It was Holy Shit let me outa here. To this day, 45 years later she loves it in the pits but knows when to back up. That was like 6KHP, now pushing 11K it's a little bit, shall we say, different. LONG live John Force!!!!!!!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Late 70's, OCIR, in the pits watching the big boys get warmed for the first round, my future wife's first event and she couldn't understand why I said we need to move." We've been standing here for the last 1/2 hour and you want to LEAVE, phuck NO." OK, I warned you. she thought it was the coolest thing ever until the fuel started flowing and the grenades going off. It was Holy Shit let me outa here. To this day, 45 years later she loves it in the pits but knows when to back up. That was like 6KHP, now pushing 11K it's a little bit, shall we say, different. LONG live John Force!!!!!!!!
In high school, me and my friends would play chicken...see who could take it longer. They'd light off, we'd take a step in. Yeah, may have killed some of the important brain cells.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

Maybe hard for you to say but if I have more money than anyone on this planet you better believe I’ll be helping AMERICANS who deserve a hand up and/or some money.

That cocksucker has enough money to help millions of people and his bank account wouldn’t know the difference.

I expect a lot from people especially the super wealthy (and Hollywood aholes) who think their billions make them smarter and better than those who don’t.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

I ran up to 20% in my 2stroke drag bikes, and even that will make your eyes water and your nose run. The wife would fire the bike in staging to warm it up and people would either walk away or get closer, pretty funny🤣 the cloud of yellow smoke out of a 2stroke on nitro is great.

Last edited:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Maybe hard for you to say but if I have more money than anyone on this planet you better believe I’ll be helping AMERICANS who deserve a hand up and/or some money.

That cocksucker has enough money to help millions of people and his bank account wouldn’t know the difference.

I expect a lot from people especially the super wealthy (and Hollywood aholes) who think their billions make them smarter and better than those who don’t.
Bezos donated 200 million to go to charity today. ;)

hallett21

Reaction score

Fair enough. I’d like to think I would do the same. But if you look at any of these guys, none of them can take their foot off the gas. If you do someone else will slide in and take your empire.

It seems you end up being the Caterpillar, John Deere, Chevron etcs of the world if you don’t keep pushing. Incredible huge companies. But not #1 (on a global scale).

It’s a senseless debate because we will never know. But I wonder how Ford, Carnegie, Vanderbilt, Rockefeller etc would perform in today’s economy. They were all ruthless in their day but the USA is where the money was being made (at the time).

We honor these names and fist bump each other while chanting USA, USA, USA. But I wonder if they would have ended up being the Bezos, Zuckerburgs, Gates, Jobs etc of today.

Last edited:

OC Mike

Reaction score
Watching it from a non partisan point, I enjoyed it and reveled in the Capitalistic / Entrepreneurial spirit of our GREAT COUNTRY.
Now I read he gave away 100m to two guys, one a COMPLETE Cynical, dooschbag Lefty.
He has forever tainted this accomplishment.....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Fair enough. I’d like to think I would do the same. But if you look at any of these guys, none of them can take their foot off the gas. If you do someone else will slide in and take your empire.

It seems you end up being the Caterpillar, John Deere, Chevron etcs of the world if you don’t keep pushing. Incredible huge companies. But not #1 (on a global scale).

It’s a senseless debate because we will never know. But I wonder how Ford, Carnegie, Vanderbilt, Rockefeller etc would perform in today’s economy. They were all ruthless in their day but the USA is where the money was being made (at the time).

We honor these names and fist bump each other while chanting USA, USA, USA. But I wonder if they would end up being the Bezos, Zuckerburgs, Gates, Jobs etc of today.

I don't know about the others, but 'ol Henry Ford would fit in just fine. The gent donated to the Nazi war machine, and tutored in production, because "war is good for the economy".
I love me my old Fords, but I have a feeling Henry wasn't what most would consider a "nice guy".

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Don’t know if’s it been mentioned. He gave 100 million dollars to Van Jones. One of THE worst assholes on CNN and that place is filled with them.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
And let him do what Felix Bumgarner did. Jump from almost space from a balloon

WhatExit?

Reaction score

We honor these names and fist bump each other while chanting USA, USA, USA. But I wonder if they would have ended up being the Bezos, Zuckerburgs, Gates, Jobs etc of today.

First. He took his foot off the gas pedal. He stepped down as Amazon CEO and rode a dildo into space. 👽
Second. I don't honor any of those a-holes when I chant USA, USA. The founding fathers and many other great Americans are the ones I honor and wish I could be more like them.
Third. Some of you guys defending him seem to be missing the point. It's not about how much money you make it's what you do with your life.

If there's a judgement day I don't want to be Bezos. Sure he's made billions. But what else besides making money has he done? There are a lot of people on this earth who have done so much more with so much less. And there are really great, honest, hardworking, patriotic Americans 🇺🇲 not to mention the millions who died so Bezos could be king of the let's-suck-the-life-out-of-this-country-all-in-the-name-of-making-more.

Canva-1-91.png

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Well I sure am glad I'm perfect!

Makes it so much easier to be judgmental and shit!

👍👍

I don't know about perfect but you're certainly not a billionaire asshole who decided to take his space flight on the anniversary of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landing the Apollo Lunar Module Eagle on the moon (July 20, 1969). Coincidence? I don't think so

Reaction score
trump has enough money to help millions of people and his bank account wouldn’t know the difference.

I agree.

530RL

Reaction score
No hate by me. Look at astra and their launch plan. Much more impressive. That’s bill gates deal.

You don't expect Gates to track all those vaccine injected nanochips from the ground do you? :):):)

hallett21

Reaction score
First. He took his foot off the gas pedal. He stepped down as Amazon CEO and rode a dildo into space. [emoji89]
Second. I don't honor any of those a-holes when I chant USA, USA. The founding fathers and many other great Americans are the ones I honor and wish I could be more like them.
Third. Some of you guys defending him seem to be missing the point. It's not about how much money you make it's what you do with your life.

If there's a judgement day I don't want to be Bezos. Sure he's made billions. But what else besides making money has he done? There are a lot of people on this earth who have done so much more with so much less. And there are really great, honest, hardworking, patriotic Americans [emoji1258] not to mention the millions who died so Bezos could be king of the let's-suck-the-life-out-of-this-country-all-in-the-name-of-making-more.

Canva-1-91.png

When you’re the richest person in the world what else do you do?

Fair enough. I don’t think the founding fathers had any idea what this country would turn into (greatest on earth as far as I’m concerned). They were just ordinary men who stood up for what they believed. No one here can tell me what the world will look like 3-400 years from now.

Bezos revolutionized the way we shop forever. For better or worse. He has donated billions to charities, employed 10s of thousands.

Trump, Bezos, Bush, Gates, Walton, Koch families have all stood on necks in the name of $$$.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I never understand the thinking of "insert business" destroyed something, like "destroying American business", "destroying the environment", etc...… These businesses simply fulfilled a market need. The real responsible party is the people who use these businesses, if you don't like the product they provide, DON'T use them.

This is the same as the people driving cars around, and then bashing oil companies for destroying our environment, if you are that against them, quit driving.
If you think Amazon destroyed American business, stop shopping with them.

I use Amazon, as I'll bet most do on here, I'm not going to bitch about it, because I use it. I try and support local business when I can, but sometimes Amazon is just better.

530RL

Reaction score
I never understand the thinking of "insert business" destroyed something, like "destroying American business", "destroying the environment", etc...… These businesses simply fulfilled a market need. The real responsible party is the people who use these businesses, if you don't like the product they provide, DON'T use them.

This is the same as the people driving cars around, and then bashing oil companies for destroying our environment, if you are that against them, quit driving.
If you think Amazon destroyed American business, stop shopping with them.

I use Amazon, as I'll bet most do on here, I'm not going to bitch about it, because I use it. I try and support local business when I can, but sometimes Amazon is just better.

I’m still trying to figure out exactly when America went from the Country that celebrated and encouraged success to one that hated on and derided it?