WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tonneau Covers - Bak Flip

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Bak Flip Revolver for a tonneau cover. Does anyone have any experiences with them? Is there another manufacturer I should be looking at? Would like to keep it around a grand.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Roll N Lock. I got one in January and I really like it.

But I came from a camper shell, so I don't have much to compare it to.

RVRKID

Reaction score
I have the Revolver and like it but that being said, we have 10 customers that we are replacing with the MX4. You have to maintain them(with a conditioner on the top) and the felt on the underside has been coming off because the glue hasn't been holding up with the heat I guess.

white tortilla

Reaction score
I just put this BAK industries Revolver X4 on my truck. Works great. About 15 min install by myself. Wanted rollable vs larger pieces. Very happy.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Tonneaucoversworld.com
I bought a private label of theirs that was a duplicate of the BAKFLIP model I wanted, save a few hundy doing so. When it arrived it ended up actually being a genuine BAKFLIP. Been on my truck a good 10 years now and still fully operational with hardly an issue(couple screws fallen out is all).

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I currently have the Truxedo Lo Pro QT roll up cover on it which is a decent cover and the lifetime warranty is great. I thought about replacing it with the Revolver cover but have seen numerous complaints about seals not lasting very long and people having issues with Bak Flip customer service.

Constant840

Reaction score
I put a Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit on my truck. Liking it so far.

Halvecto

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Bak Flip Revolver for a tonneau cover. Does anyone have any experiences with them? Is there another manufacturer I should be looking at? Would like to keep it around a grand.

I've got this on my Canyon. Been great. Solid latch/lock system. Don't know $$ for different trucks.

I can easily access the truckbed from the back or front.

Last edited:

Riverhound

Reaction score
Purchased a Bak Flip about a year ago and love it... Easy to install and very well built. Originally looked at some of the rolling type but didn't like how much room it took up the front of the bed.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Purchased a Bak Flip about a year ago and love it... Easy to install and very well built. Originally looked at some of the rolling type but didn't like how much room it took up the front of the bed.
Same here, I take mine out for quads in winter , super easy to take on/off

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
X2 for the roll n lock. If the 6x6 box up front takes up to much room, you need a bigger truck. I’ve had mine a year so far no complaints. It’s on a ram 1500 short bed.

getreal

Reaction score
Back Flips leak (alot). Not water proof at all.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Check out the access Lomax. Just installed one.

Icky

Reaction score
I've had their mx4 cover for about a month now, so far so good