WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tony Kart G0-Karting at Kartplex Oliver BC

spectras only

Reaction score
My son driving his Tony Kart, 125 cc Honda Swedetech engine, 6 speed. 14000 rpm's 2 G's plus in the corners. We'll go out tomorrow again, I'll bring my Tony Kart out too, 125cc Rotax TAG kart. He'll probably beat me by a few second in his.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Man, I miss watching my nephew in his Kart. Always wished he stuck with it. Did you ever watch that reality show they had about kids karting? One of the few I was in to back in the day. Big money.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Breaking loose on some of those turns 😎
That shit makes me miss going to adams kart track before the fucking drifters took over

spectras only

Reaction score
These Karts are capable 100 mph+ in straights. Kartplex has many turns but the straight is not long enough to reach top speed. If we were allowed to run them on the big track Area27 which has 1/2 mile stretch between turn1 and turn 2 would be awesome. Management doesn't allow that though.😉

Cdog

Reaction score
Very cool! I’d have a kart for sure if I had a son to go do it with.

Check this out from Buttonwillow in February

spectras only

Reaction score
SO freackin cool must be proud
He must be proud of me too, hanging with him at my age 74, haha. We broke the starter on the FC Formula 2000 so it was good to have the Kart along on the trailer so we could have some fun still. Took a few laps in the Viper too.

Last edited:

cakemoto

Reaction score
I’ve been getting the itch to try karting.there is a track here in north Phoenix

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
A shifter is really fun on a full size track. Kart tracks keep the speed constrained and the physical work of 2g turns make the driving very exhauting...you get really beat up. I had a 250cc MSkart for a few years...never raced but did visit kart tracks and Willows on track days...as an amateur could only withstand a few minutes at a time.

spectras only

Reaction score
^^^
We run 20 minute sessions. I have to rest/relax my wrist 20 minutes between sessions that gets the most of the beating. My seat fits me like a glove. If you're loose in your seat that's when your ribs and kidney gets whacked. My son ran 56 seconds on the track yesterday, our champion guy Remo runs 52 sec. Remo Ruscitti won race last year down in the US.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
^^^
I was lucky I only needed a little padding near my obliques/hips/lower back to fit the seat just right. The problem I had was my helmet/head - even with a neck support. And it was always so damn hot with my arm on the top of the engine and the expansion chamber right there and the places I went were always out in the desert boonies. Stlll, what a ride...I never drove fast in my car after that without thinking how pointless it was.

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
Just came home from the track. First time this year. My wrists needed break in between runs. Both mine and my son's kart ran fantastic. On to try fixing the starter now. hopefully epoxy will hold the solenoid contacts intact. The bakelite part is cracked and the post is a bit loose. It's a Ford starter but couldn't find the right starter locally that has the right throw for the starter gear to engage the flywheel. Pegasus Racing in the states has the right unit, but with the Covid BS, shipping dates can be out as long as two weeks.:(:(
Ps; managed to find the right solenoid. Had to make new sintered bushing on my lathe for the nose piece. Hopefully we can run the car tomorrow.

Last edited: