WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Too many accidents!

satellitemike

Reaction score
Wednesday was the boat off the side of the 15 in a ditch, yesterday was a Skanska mechanics fuel truck that caught fire about 5 miles north of the boat on the 15SB.
TODAY I GET STUCK IN A ANOTHER 45 DELAY!
10 WB leaving Ontario. Apparently the crane operator ran out of skill.
20230609_110012.jpg
20230609_110020.jpg
20230609_110027.jpg

satellitemike

Reaction score
Damn now that I am having a chance to look at it, I don't see any counterwieghts?
@HBCraig

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That's a whole lot of "WTF?" happening. Was the tippsy crane trying to load the big CAT genset there?

HBCraig

Reaction score
Damn now that I am having a chance to look at it, I don's see any counterwieghts?
@HBCraig
There is counterweight on there. That may have been a bare rental as it's a rough terrain crane. I see that Bob Hill Crane is there to help. I hopes it's not them that tipped it over. They have some bad luck lately.

jet496

Reaction score
There is counterweight on there. That may have been a bare rental as it's a rough terrain crane. I see that Bob Hill Crane is there to help. I hopes it's not them that tipped it over. They have some bad luck lately.
Is Bob Hill Crane the same as Bob's Crane because that looks like Bobs but know signage on it?

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
Weird nothing obvious based on boom angle and counterweight that puts him in a bad spot. Also, no visible load that was dropped.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Is Bob Hill Crane the same as Bob's Crane because that looks like Bobs but know signage on it?
No. Bob's Crane is in Lakeside. Bob Hill is bow technically BHC Cranes. They are orange ans white as well. BHC is in Long Beach

Morehart

Reaction score
Looks like a 40 ton trying to do a 90s job

Icky

Reaction score
There's quite a few cranes working in that area as they are redoing the bridges. They had a 500T? A few weeks ago when they were setting the concrete bridge beams.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Where was the safety guy reviewing the pick plan at 70% capacity with the third party crane inspector looking at the guys certs with a separate safety stand down to review the JHA/Pretask plan with everyone involved blah blah blah hope no one got hurt except the operators pride. What a mess to pick up.

welldigger00

Reaction score
This is how you get fired. Good news is, you get a career change too.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Simple misunderstanding the operator took boom down in the literal sense.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Well, he was laying a beam down with the extractor still connected. Instead of having a fork lift pull the bottom away he tried to lay it down by booming down. It got away from him. This is from another Security Paving crane operator on the same job.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
BTW not second hand, heard it straight out of his mouth.🍺

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
Well, he was laying a beam down with the extractor still connected. Instead of having a fork lift pull the bottom away he tried to lay it down by booming down. It got away from him. This is from another Security Paving crane operator on the same job.
What do you mean my extractor still connected?

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
sounds like they were extracting beams, pulling them out. the extractor uses hydraulics to cause vibration to help remove the beam. Not sure how you could lay it down like that, the ones I’ve ran there no way to lay the beam down with the extractor attached but I’m sure there are many styles. I’ve used ICE Machines and Movacs.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Bummer. Glad everyone is okay. Scary shit right there. Can only imagine the sounds that thing made….

Nordie

Reaction score
I'll have to look at the link belts on the job on Monday. We've been either using a 60 or 65. They took the 140 crawler away.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
No. Bob's Crane is in Lakeside. Bob Hill is bow technically BHC Cranes. They are orange ans white as well. BHC is in Long Beach
If they had your cell # they would have called you to get that rig down without damage.
I was 15 years old running my Dad forklift,went too high,really screwed up, that thing came down so hard destroyed the motor.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Seems like every trip I make for the last several months on my commute on the 40 I have been seeing the aftermath of a big rig either being picked up, cleaned up, reloaded or the guardrails taken out.
I have had a couple close encounters, these MF's drive like shit. Trust not one of them!

Not Sure

Reaction score
Maybe somebody was not aware of the NEW crane signals. CAUTION also contains boating content.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Seems like every trip I make for the last several months on my commute on the 40 I have been seeing the aftermath of a big rig either being picked up, cleaned up, reloaded or the guardrails taken out.
I have had a couple close encounters, these MF's drive like shit. Trust not one of them!
Anyone can get a class a then drive down the road weighing 80,000 lbs not knowing a fucking thing. They are short truck drivers.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Anyone can get a class a then drive down the road weighing 80,000 lbs not knowing a fucking thing. They are short truck drivers.
Add the speed factor of 80mph and they turn into a "when" no longer an "if", its just a matter of time before they punch their own ticket.