WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Too many people on a lake trip

Socalx09

Reaction score
Planning a redo 30th birthday for my best friend who got pregnant before her 30th last year. They haven’t got out since the baby came. It’s a suprise. Sat up baby sitting with their parents, etc

Our group has never all gone at the same time. Everyone is a yes.

Our boat can fit 7 comfortably, we did 8 once, but that was tight. We are at 9. The boat legal capacity is 10-not sure how that happens. We have a cuddy, but that’s just hot.

Friday isn’t an issue since it’s half of the group. Friday night the rest show up to the house.

Worries about Saturday. My dad will be the DD. He wants to take the boat to the channel. He figures half of the guys will leave to watch the UFC fights and then we can go cruising in the afternoon.

(Anyone is welcome to stop by for drinks if you see us in the channel. Probably the only Marlin empress in Havasu with a red Bimini top. Weekend after Labor Day)

So if some of the guys don’t leave to watch ufc, and everyone wants to cruise. Has anyone had to make two trips to a cove, or just f it and everyone just squeeze in for a boat ride to the cove?

77charger

Reaction score
Just squeeze them in take it slow and enjoy. You have a dd just make sure the safety equipment is there. I've had 10 people in my 207 a couple times when I had to take extras cause one of the boats broke.

propcheck

Reaction score
If you follow the laws you are all good. The enforcement for over capacity vessels seemed heavy this year.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Rent one or two PWC's. They hold two to three each and friends can take turns riding while the rest hang out on the boat.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Just make sure you have enough life jackets

Life jackets that fit everyone is the key.

You can pull people on a tube, but those people will be considered passengers as well in case something happens to the tube and they need to get into your boat.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. We definitely have enough life jackets on board. My dad always carries 10 just in case. We have two throwable cushions. Just sold my 3 seater sea doo in April since I never took it out. That would have been ideal here.

I threw out the idea of me just taking the boat. Have before with a smaller group. My dad said it’s his boat, and he’s not comfortable knowing that many people could be on it without him steering. He knows all my friends since we were kids. There is no weird factor at all.

Towing sounds like a good idea, except again my dad is a huge safety person and doesn’t tow anyone unless we are near the springs where it’s pretty empty.

The 454 is definitely not going to go 60 that day. I’m sure it will work out and it’s just my anxiety of trying to keep everyone happy and having a good time.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Has anyone had to make two trips to a cove, or just f it and everyone just squeeze in for a boat ride to the cove?

Yes, I'll make mulitple runs all the time, but I like driving my boat more than I like sitting on a beach. The wife will sit and yap all damn day. I purposely only bring a couple beverages for myself so I can fly the boat to camp and back every hour or so.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Simple. Buy a couple of bottles on friday night then have shots till people start passing out.

Half of them will be no shows on Saturday.

And those that make it on Saturday are the ones you wanna party with anyway

707dog

Reaction score
Simple. Buy a couple of bottles on friday night then have shots till people start passing out.

Half of them will be no shows on Saturday.

And those that make it on Saturday are the ones you wanna party with anyway
and that's how we used to thin the herd for berryessa:D

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Just have the extras sit on the engine hatch or on the bow, legs dangling over. Not everyone needs jacket, do they want to go on a boat or not? You could make more room by eliminating the DD, those are over rated.

In all seriousness...
Boat might be rated at 10 people, but what's the total weight limit? The rating plaque should say 10 people or xxlbs which is people plus gear. You can hit that max weight easily with 10 people and little gear.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Just have the extras sit on the engine hatch or on the bow, legs dangling over. Not everyone needs jacket, do they want to go on a boat or not? You could make more room by eliminating the DD, those are over rated.

In all seriousness...
Boat might be rated at 10 people, but what's the total weight limit? The rating plaque should say 10 people or xxlbs which is people plus gear. You can hit that max weight easily with 10 people and little gear.

We need to invent a towable cooler. lol Kind of like the jet ski trailer deal

Socalx09

Reaction score
I have to check out the weight limit. Were boat mfg required to boat a weight limit on an 1989? I’m not even sure we have a capacity plate. My dad still has some of the paperwork when he got it, I’ll check there.

We have a cuddy that I’ll empty out except for the tools and important things. Who needs chairs and an easy up? Haha.

We had Mike at speed of sound convert our ski locker into a cooler a few years back. It’s a decent side and keeps ice for the weekend so we don’t have to worry about space for the cooler. Just the weight of it. Plus the under seat cooler. But that sucks keeping ice.

Will def party Friday night to see if we can eliminate some

1 of the guys in this group is always tapped out by 1pm on a Saturday so it probably will be him.

44C51B6B-09B7-4DFA-89C9-0D5799E51E10.jpeg

hallett21

Reaction score
I’ve had 12 in a vector. You’ll be fine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Socalx09

Reaction score
Just got a text many receive on travel day. One person can’t make it. We were waiting on them for over an hour. Down to 8. Now we don’t have to hang out at the channel all day Saturday :) More room on the boat!!! Heading to Havasu soon with half the group.

Safe boating this weekend everyone and have fun!

4Waters

Reaction score
Enjoy, and remember this website originates in Lake Havasu so that means you can post pics and it is still in Havasu.

Just got a text many receive on travel day. One person can’t make it. We were waiting on them for over an hour. Down to 8. Now we don’t have to hang out at the channel all day Saturday :) More room on the boat!!! Heading to Havasu soon with half the group.

Safe boating this weekend everyone and have fun!

Reactions: DLC

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Glad it all worked out for ya. My boat doesnt have a capacity plate. Neither does my uncle's. We habe put more than I really care to publicy admit in both boats to avoid multiple trips from the beach to the ramp. We've done it though and its really not a big deal. Then again that is here at Naci where the beach is rarely more than 10 minutes cruise time away.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Dalton

Reaction score
ive had 4 on the back bench, all seats full, and people sitting on the floor lol

NicPaus

Reaction score
More than 4 Guys is crowded. On my old Ultra 14 fit just fine on the way to the Narrows with the right ratio 4 plus 10.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Enjoy, and remember this website originates in Lake Havasu so that means you can post pics and it is still in Havasu.

Originally originated in Parker.. ;) :D

I live in Havasu now and boat here a lot, but Parker is where the heart is..

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I've done six / seven in the Schiada with two sitting on a cooler in the middle. I've done 14 with girls on the bow, but that was just idling around the keys in Parker just pounding the stereo etc..

RD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
More than 4 Guys is crowded. On my old Ultra 14 fit just fine on the way to the Narrows with the right ratio 4 plus 10.
That musta been back in the heyday of the Narrows. Wasnt too uncommon for that to be the case back there. I only had my boat for 2,years before the narrows were no more. Never even really had a chance to properly enjoy it.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

rvrrun

Reaction score
More than two is crowded, more space for girls.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Not much partying on the boat today. My Best friend and husband wanted to sleep in. First time without the baby and didn’t realize how much they wanted to sleep. Got to the lake at 1pm at 3 dunes until 6. Relaxing day.

Just set up the boat garage for a “club night!

AFDFEE87-F24F-48ED-A845-CF883CAF2810.jpeg
5FD8A854-CDAB-4D73-89E7-F1F2448E3BE9.jpeg

Attachments

• 43E884DD-A0D7-4AA0-8C5F-B742BB05EDCB.jpeg
    43E884DD-A0D7-4AA0-8C5F-B742BB05EDCB.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 216

Socalx09

Reaction score
If anyone wants to come over, message me for the address. Same deal tomorrow night.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Sorry guys. Not much of a wild weekend. The group got sunned out and slept a lot. Even had to drop them off at the channel so they could go back to the house early. The birthday girl and other girls have been sleeping since 9pm.
We do have a man down on the garage floor.
9795CE42-C1F1-4CDA-84A4-B92E6328B0A8.jpeg
A3A29746-DB6A-4A2D-882E-D13902425279.jpeg

E6A63667-378B-4A83-9C77-442B98C62A2D.jpeg