WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tools At Coffee & Cars

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I went to a coffee and cars in Corona yesterday morning to check out the cars and noticed that it’s always the Porsche and Ferrari guys that are always sporting the shirts, jackets, and other clothing with their car brand emblazoned on it. Someone there had brought their F430, a really beautiful car. As I was looking around I saw the owner taking to a few people, how could I tell? He was the one with the bright red shoes that had FERRARI embroidered across them. He was taking to a Porsche guy with his Porsche jacket. Such Hey LAM’s.

Taboma

Reaction score
I went to a coffee and cars in Corona yesterday morning to check out the cars and noticed that it’s always the Porsche and Ferrari guys that are always sporting the shirts, jackets, and other clothing with their car brand emblazoned on it. Someone there had brought their F430, a really beautiful car. As I was looking around I saw the owner taking to a few people, how could I tell? He was the one with the bright red shoes that had FERRARI embroidered across them. He was taking to a Porsche guy with his Porsche jacket. Such Hey LAM’s.

Yup, ended up selling my Ferrari because the guilt of being judged "Unworthy" by my car peers and general public. 😢
Apparently old faded Levis, shop shorts and well worn 90's Hot Boat or Cole Boats white tee shirts is simply NOT what Ferrari owner's are supposed to be sportin on drive the garage queen day.
I never got asked, "Oh is this your pretty red car ? " On the contrary, it was usually " Oh, what dealership do you lot-boy for ? " 😳 When I replied ' Thanks, but no, it's mine ",
that was usually followed by " OH " 😂
On the other hand, at the same time I owned my whippled 5.0 V8 Monster Miata. Dressed the same would usually result in a 30 minute gas station conversation beginning with, " Can I see under the hood ? " 😁 Apparently in that car I was dressed exactly as I should have been.
I concluded, I simply do not posses the proper wardrobe for Ferrari ownership and I sold it, keeping the blown Miata. 👍 This despite the fact I knew without a doubt, it was determined to kill me. 🥵 😂

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

Recognize any of 'em? ;)

46439153_1298542360294856_3779514587041234944_o.jpg
IMG_0707_2048x2048.jpg

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Evidently, there is a whole protocol of who can and cannot wear Ferarri clothing. And the key point is owning a car.

Posers are looked down upon.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Were you wearing your RDP shirt and flip flops??

:p

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Well I wear my colors light shirt during my Coors light drinking events. I even have a matching coors light beer box cowboy hat too.

As I think about it I need an RDP shirt to wear while posting here.

Tank

Reaction score
Hard to argue with that ...or this. :)

View attachment 900275
Hey! I know those girls!

I always actually thought it kinda odd that the whole car / tshirt Thing didn’t go well together (and I agree, it doesn’t) but the boat / tshirt thing does. Boating Events, boat builders, shops, etc all cool swag but yeah, you have your lame ass Ferrari hat and get out of tour Enzo you look like a tool. Lol. meh. All good.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nope, I was wearing my Heisenberg Labs shirt with American made New Balance shoes.

My friend was giving me shit one day...

Said, only OLD guys wear New Ballance shoes and cargo shorts! Cause they buy what's on sale at Costco.

I said, I wear em cause I have wide feet, and New Ballance shoes run wide!

Ever since that conversation...

I now notice OLD guys wearing New Balance shows everywhere I go. Fuck me.

:rolleyes: :p

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Said, only OLD guys wear New Ballance shoes and cargo shorts! Cause they buy what's on sale at Costco.

Yeah I had a client rockin the all white new balances the other day. I was laughing inside.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yeah I had a client rockin the all white new balances the other day. I was laughing inside.

Yeah, well I've never seen anybody wearing New Balance taking a knee during during the playing of our National Anthem, raising their fist after a win at the Olympics in protest or burning a flag. 👍 👍 👍
Besides, they're comfortable and mine aren't all white 😁

charred1

Reaction score

They have been called pee-paa (grandpa) shoes for years

Your ad here

Reaction score
The shirt/swag thing is always entertaining to me and how it brings out a different attitude. I have a cousin that wears a shirt according to the days task. If its moving dirt he has a Higgins shirt on. Concrete is a GBC shirt. Demo work is a Garrett shirt.

Tank

Reaction score
Funny thing is NB are decent running shoes if you’re a serious runner. Runners know Nike shoes SUCK for running.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Yeah, well I've never seen anybody wearing New Balance taking a knee during during the playing of our National Anthem, raising their fist after a win at the Olympics in protest or burning a flag. 👍 👍 👍

Getting angry? :D NB is generally all I wear for gym shoes. The bright neon ones though.

SoCalZero

Reaction score
Yup, ended up selling my Ferrari because the guilt of being judged "Unworthy" by my car peers and general public. [emoji22]
Apparently old faded Levis, shop shorts and well worn 90's Hot Boat or Cole Boats white tee shirts is simply NOT what Ferrari owner's are supposed to be sportin on drive the garage queen day.
I never got asked, "Oh is this your pretty red car ? " On the contrary, it was usually " Oh, what dealership do you lot-boy for ? " [emoji15] When I replied ' Thanks, but no, it's mine ",
that was usually followed by " OH " [emoji23]
On the other hand, at the same time I owned my whippled 5.0 V8 Monster Miata. Dressed the same would usually result in a 30 minute gas station conversation beginning with, " Can I see under the hood ? " [emoji16] Apparently in that car I was dressed exactly as I should have been.
I concluded, I simply do not posses the proper wardrobe for Ferrari ownership and I sold it, keeping the blown Miata. [emoji106] This despite the fact I knew without a doubt, it was determined to kill me. [emoji3062] [emoji23]

Let’s see that Miata of yours!

Taboma

Reaction score
Getting angry? :D NB is generally all I wear for gym shoes. The bright neon ones though.

Angry ? Not me 😁 RDP has two sections dedicated to the angry, didn't think I was in either of them. 🤔
I had no idea they had neon NB, but me wearing neon shoes, now that would be hysterical. 😂

Mrhavasu

Reaction score

Right on!!!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Sold it in 07', lucky too, or a couple of months later it would have burned along with the house. Still out there, although last I heard it was a dedicated track car.
View attachment 900353

View attachment 900354

I specifically chose this pic to show off my all white tennis shoes, vintage around 2001 if I recall 😂

Dude! You even look like an electrician !! 😁

MM-3.jpg

spectras only

Reaction score
Good looking car Taboma. I could have fun with it on our track, albeit it would be a handful All I would need is a little more power in mine to show better lapping times to those pesky Porsche guys with their fancy cars and nannies onboard. I'd go with an LS3 swap though that would make the Miata only 150 lbs heavier.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Good looking car Taboma. I could have fun with it on our track, albeit it would be a handful All I would need is a little more power in mine to show better lapping times to those pesky Porsche guys with their fancy cars and nannies onboard. I'd go with an LS3 swap though that would make the Miata only 150 lbs heavier.

Well if you get the urge, for either brand engine swap, just contact my buddy Martin at Monster Miata Inc. He's the man who knows, manufactures and sells the custom parts to make it happen. 😁

500bbc

Reaction score

They are MIA

spectras only

Reaction score
Well if you get the urge, for either brand engine swap, just contact my buddy Martin at Monster Miata Inc. He's the man who knows, manufactures and sells the custom parts to make it happen. 😁
I've been contemplating the S/C route for a while. I may start with Skunk 2 intake & large Throttle body and Kraftwerks setup. It would give about 230 WHP and maintain superior weight balance of the car. Here's an example on a Exocet project by a fellow member. He hasn't installed the supercharger yet.
1595223474604.png

Taboma

Reaction score
I've been contemplating the S/C route for a while. I may start with Skunk 2 intake & large Throttle body and Kraftwerks setup. It would give about 230 WHP and maintain superior weight balance of the car. Here's an example on a Exocet project by a fellow member. He hasn't installed the supercharger yet. View attachment 900477

I'm not familiar with the " Right Stuff" for the 4 cyl. In fact in mine, that 4 cyl only had 10 miles on it when it and about 75% of everything else was yanked off the car and replaced for the riggers the V8 demanded. When finished it was barely a Miata.

However, since the owner of Monster Motorsports, Dave Hopps, had essentially a store room filled with Miata 4's, some like mine, brand new, he built one wide body track car using a 4 cyl with the addition of a turbo it laid down some good track times.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

100% equation: Wide feet which most older guys get. Been running 40 years and so many friends switch to NB's when their feet "spread out" lol. Good shoe none the less. It's the white crew socks that double down on the old factor lol.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I always wear side action apparel or 415 Saints shirts when in the Mini cooper van and off road related stuff in the boat. I ditched "garanimals" matching clothes in third grade, lol.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Ever been to a Harley really, most people are geared up from head to toe.

So true: I was a "sunday HD rider" for four years Never understood the whole "dress up" on weekends deal or the psuedo wanna be bad guy groups at Cook's Corner every weekend, lol. I like the sunday beach cruiser days in shorts much better ha ha

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
100% equation: Wide feet which most older guys get. Been running 40 years and so many friends switch to NB's when their feet "spread out" lol. Good shoe none the less. It's the white crew socks that double down on the old factor lol.

Are you saying I should switch to black socks??

Not gonna happen...

:mad: ;)🤣

Dana757

Reaction score
Sign of the times. A "tool" for wearing branded car shirts at a car show and a YouTube star for crashing your Mustang leaving a car show. lol

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Around here, it's the Lambo guys. Bedazzled pants, huge watches, and taking selfies of themselves for their IG account. It's hilarious.

I have to admit, I like Shelby gear. I have a few old school Terlingua rabbit shirts, some Shelby hats and stuff I like to wear.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
When I had my Ferrari, I hung out with guys with may more money than me, they had all the nice cars. We are talking Challenge Stradales, Pistas, Scuds, all the high end shit.

Some had the full attire, but all were the nicest guys that many I am still friends with. Never an attitude, and always welcomed me in my 360.

I guess shit like that doesn't bother me. Run what you bring. A lot of the guys are proud of the brand, and it got them way from their wifes and kids for the morning. So be it.

attitude

Reaction score
I went to a corvette meet last weekend and it’s always the young guys in their base model stock vettes with a corvette shirt on, big face “fake” watches, and driving gloves thinking they’re the shit lol. Meanwhile the guys in their extremely nice 1,000hp plus vettes get there without any car shit on, no chip on there shoulder, and genuinely nice guys to talk to. I don’t get it lol