WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Top 3 things you hate most about COVID

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Years ago I had my first bout with shingles. That shit hurt Really bad! Doc said, it only happens once. It will never happen again.

Apparently he didn't know, that I go to the river a Lot. And when the sun gets to me good, that shit came right back again!!!

New doc said, get the shingles vax. Just trust me on this. (I felt the same way you do, why would I need a vax?)

Got the vax. No more shingles. Been years now.

The end.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Years ago I had my first bout with shingles. That shit hurt Really bad! Doc said, it only happens once. It will never happen again.

Apparently he didn't know, that I go to the river a Lot. And when the sun gets to me good, that shit came right back again!!!

New doc said, get the shingles vax. Just trust me on this. (I felt the same way you do, why would I need a vax?)

The end.

My old boss had shingles three times…was also vaccinated for it. He was put on a daily anti-viral, hasn’t had it since.

Not sure how any of this related to covid…natural immunity means folks with the vax are 7x more likely to get the delta variant than I am.

IMG_7386.png

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My old boss had shingles three times…was also vaccinated for it. He was put on a daily anti-viral, hasn’t had it since.

Not sure how any of this related to covid…natural immunity means folks with the vax are 7x more likely to get the delta variant than I am.

View attachment 1040008

You asked, that's why! 😂

It's a virus. They all Basically work the same way.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
That nothing makes sense and everyone is ok with that. How dare you not wear your mask into the restaurant but feel free to take it off once you reach the manic Covid free zone (the table). No indoor dinning but feel free to eat outside in the magic tent. Get vaccine it’s the magic pill plus you can look down on everyone else, then you still get Covid. Telling everyone to Trust the science but still make kids wear masks in school, that’s not trusting the science. If you get the shot you don’t have to wear a mask....psych just kidding put on your mask and re-enter lockdown.

D19

Reaction score
1. Not being able to attend Dr. appts with my pregnant wife.
2. Having to cancel/modify our wedding last year.
3. Having to cancel our honeymoon.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

View attachment 1040008

Listen, that was not peer reviewed. What you need to do is keep taking a "vaccine" shot every 6 months. You need to do it every 6 months because the "vaccine" does not really work that well for very long.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
1. Not being able to attend Dr. appts with my pregnant wife.

Seriously?

Our kid was born in February.
During the pregnancy, the only thing I could go to was one ultrasound appt.

Doc took his mask off as soon as he closed the door to his office.

I dunno how we’d handle it if I was unable to go.

D19

Reaction score
Seriously?

Our kid was born in February.
During the pregnancy, the only thing I could go to was one ultrasound appt.

Doc took his mask off as soon as he closed the door to his office.

I dunno how we’d handle it if I was unable to go.

Seriously. I got to go to the first ultrasound appt and that was it, but I had to raise hell to get in. The nurse kept trying to persuade my wife to let me stay in the waiting room.

If they don't let me in for delivery, I'll pay for an at home birth.

Pisses me off especially for how much I pay for insurance. Also blows me away that if you want an abortion the government picks up the tab, but if you want to have a child, open your checkbook. We live in such a backwards world.

hawgty55

Reaction score

The end.
So your saying shingles being documented in the late 1800s finally got a vaccine in 2006 is the same as the covid vaccine that was developed in 6 months? Sounds legit.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
The phrases “We’re all in this together” and “social distancing”. Aarrggghhh!!! 🤬
"We're all in this together" kills me. Especially last year when people were forced into poverty. I would scream at the radio as I continued living my life like I always did. Nothing changed for me, I kept going to work, the river and staying home when I wasn't doing those things. I wasn't in it with anybody else.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The lack of willingness of those deemed experts to simply say, "We don't know". From the very beginning these experts referred to COVID 19 as a novel virus. IOW, a virus in humans which they had never encountered prior. But, seldom, if ever, do you hear these "experts" admit - We Don't Know.

NicPaus

Reaction score

The end.

Different kind of Vax.

If covid Vax was same we wouldn't be in this mess we are in. My Sister just getting over covid. She got it from a friend that got it from a vexed friend. They thought they were good cause the Vax. Spread to 6 of them if not more. Unvaxed Sister was with them never got it.

These people thinking the Vax is the cure all and they can't get it or spread it is the problem. The term " Don't worry I am vaxed" is common and getting old.

For the record I am not against it or for it. Got 1 shot might get the second. Wish I had both currently as my Pops is in the hospital and only family member they will let in is my Sister but since she is covid positive not a good idea to visit him while sick.

badgas

Reaction score

The end.

You are just one person. My mom had never had shingles until she got the shingles shot.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
You are just one person. My mom had never had shingles until she got the shingles shot.

She never had chickenpox?

Just about everyone can DEVELOP shingles, it's present in most of us inert.

Most reports I have read is that it's a stress/immune system issue.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are correct. The varicella virus that causes chicken pox does not die when you get better. It remains dormant, and as you age and your immune system starts to weaken and it can reactivate and cause shingles. 95% of the time you only get shingles once. A good friend who had cancer at the age of 22, got shingles while on chemo. He's 52 now and never got it again.

badgas

Reaction score

I don't know.

I just know the shingles shot did not work for her.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I don't know.

I just know the shingles shot did not work for her.

Exact reason I have no plans to get it, sorry about your Mom, I hear it's pretty painful.

charlyox

Reaction score
Being a “long hauler”. I had it in early January and still can’t taste or smell. I feel like shit all the time. I have no energy. I have brain fog. I’ll be doing something or talking about something and I forget what I was doing or talking about. It really SUX!

Keymyster

Reaction score

The end.
Shingles vax has been tested for years. Not pushed by the govt either. Won't know the long term effects until Biden gets out.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
1. Weaponzation/politicization of a Fauci funded, Chinese lab created virus that swung an election and instilled mass hysteria among the sheep.
2. It's use to steal an election.
3. The fact that it has exposed exactly how fast people will turn on their neighbors, friends, family...in the name of "the common good." I studied a lot of history and the nazi takeover always was fascinating...the last 18 months showed me exactly why it happened. People are either lions, or sheep...and we have a lot of fucking sheep walking the earth.

adding a # 4. How we were treated by "medical professionals a few months into this when my daughter was born. American medicine is nothing more than a money factory..it was shameful...almost as shameful as electing a child molester into the the presidency.

riverroyal

Reaction score

The end.
Bam. This
I had shingles 4 months ago and wholllly fuck. On my left butt.
Still hurts once a week.
That vax is mandatory, i got shot #1 already
I have pics of my ass that make you get the shot tomorrow.
One of, if not the worse thing ive ever been through.
My heart issues topped it, but nothing tops that for pain

Bajastu

Reaction score
What I hate about Covid is getting the vaccine and still catching it. Oh well, at least it’s not that bad. More like a head cold for a few days.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
The lack of willingness of those deemed experts to simply say, "We don't know". From the very beginning these experts referred to COVID 19 as a novel virus. IOW, a virus in humans which they had never encountered prior. But, seldom, if ever, do you hear these "experts" admit - We Don't Know.
Excellente'

torter

Reaction score
Seeing people lick toilet seats after getting vaccinated.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
What I hate about Covid is getting the vaccine and still catching it. Oh well, at least it’s not that bad. More like a head cold for a few days.

My wife is vaccinated and her symptoms are as severe as mine are (I’m not vaccinated). I have a hard time referring to it as a vaccine when it forms nothing to prevent, getting it, spreading it and only arguably lessens symptoms.