WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Top 5 places to eat in Havasu

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Go...

disclaimer, prefer non chain, really good food.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Angelina’s, Ed’s Deli, The Spot, El Paraiso, Montana's, Smith’s (best Sushi in town, now with beer)

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
Red Onion for breakfast
Dolce for dinner

Thats all we need

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
El Parriso, angelinas, Javalinas, Montana’s, tavern 95

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Dolce, College Street, Montanas, Boathouse, Chico Tacos

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Although we've never eaten at Mario's, all the others are good. We've also had some very good meals at the Boat House Grill. And the El Malecon rib eye steak with Thai shrimp is great at Babaloo's.

westair

Reaction score
Blondies, Tavern 95, Javalina, El Paraiso, Campbell Cove deli

TeamGreene

Reaction score

CLA

Reaction score
Red Onion
Chabones
The Springs
Nikos
College Street

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Go...

disclaimer, prefer non chain, really good food.

As a newcomer to Havasu (7 months now) I’m not yet conditioned to Havasu standards so here’s my .02

Overall you’re in for disappointment as compared to other towns. There is good dining here for sure, but I’m struggling with some of the suggestions so far...one of them is a gas station...lol (Campbell Cove)
Good breakfast and good boat lunches/ sandwiches for sure! But personally I’m not taking my girl to a gas station to eat. (I did enjoy meeting there Poncho! And that breakfast burrito lasted me 2 days!)
I have a few favorites now though.

Italian:
Mario’s and Angelinas are both good.
I prefer Mario’s, but that’s probably due to Denise being the sociable hostess/ bartender that she is. Food is good both places, and I do go to Angelinas sometimes just because it’s closer to my place.

Mexican? I went to Javalina once. That was enough for me. Maybe I’ll try it again soon to see if it was just a bad night?
Can anyone suggest a different Mexican place with a bar that they like? I’ll certainly try it out
Blondies is right around the corner from me. It’s a GREAT little dive with friendly and sociable servers, good tacos, good wings, good everything really. I haven’t tried the entire menu, mind you, but it is my go to lunch/ beer/ taco place.
Shagrues is one place that passes for fine dining in Havasu, and it is good. I go there for my Ahi fix, and they have chef quality appetizers and entrees. Their blackened scallops are insane good. They will make you just about any combination of stuff on request and Tony and his crew run a very friendly and attentive bar. Their liquor inventory is deep, all manner of whiskey and wines.

I was pleased with College street on my one visit, and plan on trying more food there, plus it’s only like 3 minutes from my house.
Their in house stout and porter are stellar!
My problem was actually being there when it wasn’t packed. Took 3 visits to find a parking place, so I figured it would be good and it was.

I really haven’t been to any steak houses here, primarily because I traeger my own on a regular basis, but I do want to try Montana as several people have said it’s really good.

The biggest adjustment for me is the closing times. I’m used to being able to go eat at almost any hour...that don’t happen here.
many places fold up at 8:00, maybe 9:00.
So being my first winter here it became very clear very fast that you ain’t getting in anywhere fast during dinner hours except the overflow places.

If an outback or Applebee’s opened here I’d think they’d be slammed all winter?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I enjoy:
Tavern 95
Babaloo's
College st
Juicys
Nikos
Mudsharks(on mesquite) for antipasto salad.
Martini Bay is ok but fits the hit/miss more often.
Shugrues has left me way less than impressed more than twice plus they ignore any sort of birthday surprise.
Plenty of other places around town that imo can be hit or miss. Sometimes it's great, other times not so much......as whatthatguy mentioned of Javalina.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
As a newcomer to Havasu (7 months now) I’m not yet conditioned to Havasu standards so here’s my .02

Overall you’re in for disappointment as compared to other towns. There is good dining here for sure, but I’m struggling with some of the suggestions so far...one of them is a gas station...lol (Campbell Cove)
Good breakfast and good boat lunches/ sandwiches for sure! But personally I’m not taking my girl to a gas station to eat. (I did enjoy meeting there Poncho! And that breakfast burrito lasted me 2 days!)

Italian:
I prefer Mario’s, but that’s probably due to Denise being the sociable hostess/ bartender that she is. Food is good both places, and I do go to Angelinas sometimes just because it’s closer to my place.

Mexican? I went to Javalina once. That was enough for me. Maybe I’ll try it again soon to see if it was just a bad night?
Can anyone suggest a different Mexican place with a bar that they like? I’ll certainly try it out
Blondies is right around the corner from me. It’s a GREAT little dive with friendly and sociable servers, good tacos, good wings, good everything really. I haven’t tried the entire menu, mind you, but it is my go to lunch/ beer/ taco place.
Shagrues is one place that passes for fine dining in Havasu, and it is good. I go there for my Ahi fix, and they have chef quality appetizers and entrees. Their blackened scallops are insane good. They will make you just about any combination of stuff on request and Tony and his crew run a very friendly and attentive bar. Their liquor inventory is deep, all manner of whiskey and wines.

I was pleased with College street on my one visit, and plan on trying more food there, plus it’s only like 3 minutes from my house.
My problem was actually being there when it wasn’t packed. Took 3 visits to find a parking place, so I figured it would be good and it was.

I really haven’t been to any steak houses here, primarily because I traeger my own on a regular basis, but I do want to try Montana as several people have said it’s really good.

The biggest adjustment for me is the closing times. I’m used to being able to go eat at almost any hour...that don’t happen here.
So being my first winter here it became very clear very fast that you ain’t getting in anywhere fast during dinner hours except the overflow places.

Try El Paraiso. 2 bars, one inside, it is small, and one on the patio, medium sized. Patio seating is excellent, really nice view of the lake. Food is pretty good. My favorite Mexican food in town at the moment.

I agree there are only a couple "Excellent" places to eat in town, but there is more than a handful of "Really Good" places to eat.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
@wasthatguy try El Paraiso for Mexican Food. Not much of a bar their though, but the Margaritas don’t suck! There is plenty of good dive bars in town.

I’m with you on Steaks. I’ve only had a few that ever beat my own, and none in Havasu, lol.

If you like Greek Food try Nikos. It’s pretty damn good, and there’s a bar inside the restaurant.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I enjoy:
Tavern 95
Babaloo's
College st
Juicys
Nikos
Mudsharks(on mesquite) for antipasto salad.
Martini Bay is ok but fits the hit/miss more often.
Shugrues has left me way less than impressed more than twice plus they ignore any sort of birthday surprise.
Plenty of other places around town that imo can be hit or miss. Sometimes it's great, other times not so much......as whatthatguy mentioned of Javalina.

Agreed with this.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@wasthatguy try El Paraiso for Mexican Food. Not much of a bar their though, but the Margaritas don’t suck! There is plenty of good dive bars in town.

I’m with you on Steaks. I’ve only had a few that ever beat my own, and none in Havasu, lol.

I didn't notice they had an outside bar until the 3rd time I went there.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’ll have to try T95
Keep seeing it pop up on here.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Try El Paraiso. 2 bars, one inside, it is small, and one on the patio, medium sized. Patio seating is excellent, really nice view of the lake. Food is pretty good. My favorite Mexican food in town at the moment.

I agree there are only a couple "Excellent" places to eat in town, but there is more than a handful of "Really Good" places to eat.
That's the old Chevys restaurant, yes?
Chevys used to give you a stuffed animal to hold to claim your food order.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
-Chabones, seems to be our new fav
-College ST, good food but man it can take some time. Not good after a long day on the water
-Red Onion
-Scotty's for the bird
-Campbell cove for the sandwich

We tried the Boat House on the Island last year and it was good. Don't know how they are doing now. Also, Blue Chair had a decent burger.

I think Rusty's or Sam's over blackbear for breakfast IMO

And if you're hungry after 9PM, its In n Out 😂

mbrown2

Reaction score
Cha-Bones
Shugrus
Dolce
Casa Serrano (love the bean dip)
Havasu Springs

Cobalt232

Reaction score
El Paraiso.

2020-02-08 17.36.44.jpg

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score

Italian:

Damn you long winded. Campbell's is great for boat sandwiches. Not much else. You can try El Corral for breakfast burritos too. I perfer Mario's better just because it isn't as loud. Sorry about Javalina's, they used to be good. For a new place try the Blue Agave or Sonora's. BTW I like Blondie's. College street is always busy. I like the Stout. Montana's is good. And yes closing times suck.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Just about every place listed is decent, I might add 4 Clovers rest. and the India Spice Bar for a lunch buffet, also like Legends off the menu and Jerseys.

NicPaus

Reaction score
My most consistent good meal has been Borns Best sandwiches. Rest can be hit or miss. Try the turkey and add roast beef with a white roll. There pasta salad is good also.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Years ago my in-laws took me to a place that had a pretty good steak. You entered the restaurant through a liquor store and the cook was cooking over an open out fire IN THE MIDDLE of the dining room. Is this place still around? Can't remember the name now.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Not Nikos any more..... We were just there Monday and the Nikos sign is gone, all the menus have a sharpie over the Nikos name.. Same food just not the name.

Wasn't open yet last we were there, Nik's south end location.🙂

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Chabone's
Tavern 95
Montana steak house
Angelina's
Chico's

Maybe the Barely Bros. people should take notice of this thread. Their name used to pop up all the time. Not so much anymore.

rivergames

Reaction score

China buffet
My buddy Johnny that I've grown up with owns Babaloo's. They are a few weeks away from opening a new one in Palm Desert. Whenever I get a chance to eat in Havasu, I go to Babaloo's. It's BOMB!!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Damn you long winded. Campbell's is great for boat sandwiches. Not much else. You can try El Corral for breakfast burritos too. I perfer Mario's better just because it isn't as loud. Sorry about Javalina's, they used to be good. For a new place try the Blue Agave or Sonora's. BTW I like Blondie's. College street is always busy. I like the Stout. Montana's is good. And yes closing times suck.

Lol
Yeah, super bored today and a little run down, so cruising the site. Hell, I even posted in the PG...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Not Nikos any more..... We were just there Monday and the Nikos sign is gone, all the menus have a sharpie over the Nikos name.. Same food just not the name.
Interesting. I knew he was just a partner at R but apparently that didn't last...lol

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My buddy Johnny that I've grown up with owns Babaloo's. They are a few weeks away from opening a new one in Palm Desert. Whenever I get a chance to eat in Havasu, I go to Babaloo's. It's BOMB!!!!
It blows me away everytime I see someone chow down the giant shank.😳

Dirtbag

Reaction score
For Breakfast:

Rusty's
Red Onion

Lunch/Cheap Dinner
Juicys
Legendz

Dinner
Angelinas our go to
Marios solid as well
Cha Bones appetizers are awesome
Rosati's for pizza and desert...just amazing

Havent found a decent mexican food spot. There are no good steaks in Havasu unless off your own grill.
Places I wont visit again. Javelinas and Babaloos. food was terrible imo

boatpi

Reaction score
Montana's, kick azz ribs. Angelina's best in town, use to go to the block wall box uptown from 25 years back.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Babaloo's has been on the list to try for a minute. For whatever reason we just haven't made it yet. We will give it a try this year for sure

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Years ago my in-laws took me to a place that had a pretty good steak. You entered the restaurant through a liquor store and the cook was cooking over an open out fire IN THE MIDDLE of the dining room. Is this place still around? Can't remember the name now.
That was Rod's Homestead and IMO was the best steaks around. I think he died about 10 or 11 years ago and his head waitress Colleen kept it going until about five years ago. It's completely different now, it's Staceys South side grill, but not really a steakhouse.