WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Top Fuel Hydro-300 mph ?

farmo83

Reaction score
After attending an SDBA race this past weekend at Lake Bryan( awesome event!) we got into a debate on if they were still going 1320 could today's Top Fuel Hyrdro's get to 300 mph? I know at 1000 on a good run they were getting into high 260's touching 270. Seems like it would be in the ball park.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I'm sure they could, but who is willing to spend the dough to do it while making peanuts and hurting big money parts.

76sanger

Reaction score
Probably so, given another 320' with the way a nitro motor pulls through the top end. More than likely 305 to 308ish I would suspect. I don't know if the capsule is big enough for a set of BALLS inside there to run that though.

69hondo

Reaction score
I think Problem Child would totally be there with Eddie Knox and Daryl Erlich if Eddie was still into the boats.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Yes. Scotty Lumbert drove it out a few times and was over 300 at the big end on data.
I think about him all the time, do you have any recent updates?

Boat 405

Reaction score
I think about him all the time, do you have any recent updates?
He is doing well. Here is the last update from 2019 from his wife Lynn.

Three years ago today Scott's life hung in the balance. I cant believe three years have passed. We have learned so much on this leg of the journey. I learned it's not about avoiding the situation, it's about enduring it. It has been more gritting your teeth and gutting it out, not giving up and continuing to set goals. Keeping the faith. As time passes I feel doctors, therapist and some people think that Scott's full potential has been met. Which makes me giggle because they dont know us well. Scott is so determined to prove everyone wrong. We went to the soccer field a little over a week ago and he walked around it by himself, I walked beside him carrying his water. The next day he did two laps, third day he did three laps. This would be about a half mile being farther than he ever walked on his own. Each day breaking and setting a new goal. He has been trying to walk on uneven surfaces to work on balance. He asked me to take him to a trail near our house the trail is about a mile walking from the car. I explained there is one way in and one way out....walking. if I had to drag him I was not going to be happy. Lol. True to form he did it. He had to stop a couple of times and rest but he did it. He was whipped but he felt good. I was so proud of him. This week his schedule has been off; sleep, eating etc. So in turn his balance has been off. The life of a TBI. In September I will be traveling to Austin for work and Scott will be going with me. It will be the first time back in the area since the accident. We talked and we are going to make a trip to Marble falls to the race site where he crashed. I asked Scott what do you expect to see?, he responded he wanted to see what it looked like with no course set up, he thought it would be pretty. To face the course that couldn't beat him even though it tried several times. He would prefer to be doing it in a race boat but guessed that was out of the question lol. This makes tears roll down my face because I am so thankful to God for the peace that he has put on Scott's heart. Three years ago today God gave me a miracle and he continues to work in Scott's life. We may not have ended up where we thought we would be but where we were meant to be.

farmo83

Reaction score
He is doing well. Here is the last update from 2019 from his wife Lynn.

Three years ago today Scott's life hung in the balance. I cant believe three years have passed. We have learned so much on this leg of the journey. I learned it's not about avoiding the situation, it's about enduring it. It has been more gritting your teeth and gutting it out, not giving up and continuing to set goals. Keeping the faith. As time passes I feel doctors, therapist and some people think that Scott's full potential has been met. Which makes me giggle because they dont know us well. Scott is so determined to prove everyone wrong. We went to the soccer field a little over a week ago and he walked around it by himself, I walked beside him carrying his water. The next day he did two laps, third day he did three laps. This would be about a half mile being farther than he ever walked on his own. Each day breaking and setting a new goal. He has been trying to walk on uneven surfaces to work on balance. He asked me to take him to a trail near our house the trail is about a mile walking from the car. I explained there is one way in and one way out....walking. if I had to drag him I was not going to be happy. Lol. True to form he did it. He had to stop a couple of times and rest but he did it. He was whipped but he felt good. I was so proud of him. This week his schedule has been off; sleep, eating etc. So in turn his balance has been off. The life of a TBI. In September I will be traveling to Austin for work and Scott will be going with me. It will be the first time back in the area since the accident. We talked and we are going to make a trip to Marble falls to the race site where he crashed. I asked Scott what do you expect to see?, he responded he wanted to see what it looked like with no course set up, he thought it would be pretty. To face the course that couldn't beat him even though it tried several times. He would prefer to be doing it in a race boat but guessed that was out of the question lol. This makes tears roll down my face because I am so thankful to God for the peace that he has put on Scott's heart. Three years ago today God gave me a miracle and he continues to work in Scott's life. We may not have ended up where we thought we would be but where we were meant to be.

I was at the race that weekend in Marble Falls. At the show and shine I had a few too many beers while wondering around buying shirts. I went up to the Spirit Pit and they had two little custom made lamps that looked like they cost about 20 bucks. I asked them how much were they were and the lady told me 150 dollars which was too much for me. After a few more beers I went back and told her I would give her 100 dollars for one of the lamps thinking I was driving a hard bargin. Her response was" You'll actually buy one!" She went and got Scotty and he signed it for me and took me all through the pits, the truck, chatted for a while. Awesome dude. My cousin was giving me a hard time when we were leaving and I told him that would be a collectors item someday.

farmo83

Reaction score
I think Problem Child would totally be there with Eddie Knox and Daryl Erlich if Eddie was still into the boats.

Daryl sells lathes, mills, for a living and would cross paths with my old man at work every now and then.

Funny story per Daryl once you launch the TFH he would let go of the wheel as it vibrates too much to hold it and you can't steer it anyway. Per him he "points and shoots"