WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

TOP GUN II - Trailer released

Tank

Reaction score
Iceman is my gut guess right now, we will see.
Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that too. Guessing Maverick will visit him in the hospital or something, cut to funeral scene. Val Kilmer isn't exactly in a position to bring a commanding performance due to his throat cancer.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Many years ago, close to dawn on a Sunday morning I was racing my Ducati up Angeles Crest and came up upon a guy on another Ducati, we did the wave thing and then started going at it, we were hauling ass, being very stupid on a public road, but it was my thing at 6 am on a Sunday morning. We get to the restaurant at the top and we pull in, he keeps his bike running, takes his helmet off for a second and says, "That was a blast, have a good day, and takes off back down the mountain". I was like, that was fucking Maverick.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Funny you say this; because I agree 100%

* The Doors
* Tombstone
*The Saint
* Heat

and more.

All required real acting; not just being yourself. He is awesome.

The a saint was horrible...a joke. The other 3 were excellent. Should have got an Academy Award for Tombstone..

Tank

Reaction score
I stumbled across this dude. Seems like a cool guy. Insane experience. Interesting to hear him talk about the movie trailer.

also, this video is long but damn that shit is cool! (Same guy running a Hornet at low level).

Tank

Reaction score
Jesus, they've put out so many trailers, you string em together you have the whole movie. LOL

Gonna take the kids and go see this in the theatre for sure.

1tonfun

Reaction score
This is the first movie I am looking forward to seeing in a theater in years. I think the last movie I saw in a theater was the last batch of the star wars films

wallnutz

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, watched Top Gun a few months ago and was not impressed LOL

Maybe because I don't have Nostalgic memories???
I'm with you on that. Neither of my kids made it through the whole movie either.

TOOLEY

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, watched Top Gun a few months ago and was not impressed LOL

Maybe because I don't have Nostalgic memories???
I'm with you on that. Neither of my kids made it through the whole movie either.
Lol, I must be old as I’ve come to enjoy the behind the scenes and the how did they do that more then the movie.

Has anyone said because we were inverted yet?

4Waters

Reaction score
I wondered how they were going to put "Iceman".......... sorry "Admiral Iceman" in the movie

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Figured y’all would enjoy this…a local PHX metro bike shop had this bad boy up front and center at a pre-party for a big show downtown tomorrow afternoon.
197A2DA4-61E6-4D06-A177-8EB8F812F85C.jpeg

Had entered my Honda Cb-1 CB400f project build but rescinded once I knew Sunday would be our maiden voyage for the ‘22 boating season.
2A145166-18E7-4692-8C09-AE621E7C0BD2.jpeg

Last edited:

TOOLEY

Reaction score
They are premiering this on the Midway I heard. Kind of cool. In case any of you socal guys want to look into that.

Tank

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the F18 platform? The B and D models were dual seat right? The super hornet is a single seat comfiguration if I’m not mistaken. I take it they’re using the older B or D models and set them up to look like a single seat super hornet for the movie? Interior shots of “pilot” / actor face is taken from behind the actual pilot?

4Waters

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the F18 platform? The B and D models were dual seat right? The super hornet is a single seat comfiguration if I’m not mistaken. I take it they’re using the older B or D models and set them up to look like a single seat super hornet for the movie? Interior shots of “pilot” / actor face is taken from behind the actual pilot?
It appears the A/B/C are single the D is two seat and the super is both. I think I read that right

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

The Super Hornet comes in both single pilot and family configuration.

Last edited:

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
This thread is like the UTV thread, lots if hype for years but nothing rolling off the assembly line.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I saw the first one in the theater and I have no doubt I will see this one there as well. I mean how can you not?
Remember the days of IMAX with the steep stadium wrap around screen and insane audio (for the time)... That is how I want to see this movie.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Or better yet, can you imagine if they were able to incorporate this movie into a full length movie ride similar to the "Sky Adventure" ride at California Adventure. Pump in the smell of the ocean, jet fuel, dirty old musty bars with loose women and beer😁. Not sure how the sex scenes would play out in full motion, but I'm pretty sure there would be a ton of satisfied customers.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Has anyone said because we were inverted yet?

Hahaha, i got to do a private event thing on the midway earlier this year, and its all i could think of. I don’t know why, but this was my favorite movie as a young child. Soundtrack was 2nd to none!

22A08648-71CB-4374-A8BD-EBED717A2E52.png

Tank

Reaction score
The premiere was this week in San Diego on the midway. Cast and crew attended. Cruise flew in on a helicopter.

Set to release memorial weekend. Supposedly this is going to be the movie to dejump movie theaters.

4Waters

Reaction score
The premiere was this week in San Diego on the midway. Cast and crew attended. Cruise flew in on a helicopter.

Set to release memorial weekend. Supposedly this is going to be the movie to dejump movie theaters.
Until the next lockdown

HST4ME

Reaction score
Only thing gayer than this movie was days of thunder,

TOOLEY

Reaction score
The cinematography for both of those movies were unprecedented at the time. Story lines…. Yeah well I was like 5 and 10 or some shit lol

thebiz

Reaction score
Did you let your wife have your phone and she posted that? That’s what I would say if I posted some crazy shit like that!

Unless your name is Russ Wheeler!

Lol

thebiz

Reaction score
We took the kids to the theater last night; to watch my two girls (11 & 8) perk up when “that” sound came across the dark screen was a proud parent moment. We can’t wait.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Did you let your wife have your phone and she posted that? That’s what I would say if I posted some crazy shit like that!

Unless your name is Russ Wheeler!

Lol
No, I just have an IQ above 14. 🤣

Orange Juice

Reaction score

I already have my tickets for Harkins Cine Capri theater over Memorial Day weekend.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
We saw it last night. I am very glad I don't know anything about airplanes, because you guys sure are sour on the whole deal. It is a movie, Hollywood, it doesn't have to be realistic. And if realism is what you are looking for, you are NOT going to want to see this flick. No volleyball, instead they are playing a bastardization of football on the beach. Two balls and running offense and defense at the same time LOL. Val Kilmer has limited screen time but how they have recreated his voice is pretty amazing (Google it).
Overall it was OK. Not the high energy one that the first one was, but it was better than a lot of movies lately. The story has aged pretty well.

clarence

Reaction score
Saw it yesterday afternoon.

Doesn't (can't) have the same impact as the first, but much better than OK.

And Jennifer Connelly!

Look forward to seeing it again.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Saw it yesterday afternoon.

Doesn't (can't) have the same impact as the first, but much better than OK.

And Jennifer Connelly!

Look forward to seeing it again.
Saw it opening day...

And I'm a big original top gun fan.. wont spoil anything but well worth it and I'm already looking forward to watching it again, but with a cocktail in hand. I'm not into sequels as they usually don't hold water to the original, but they did a great job. Just remember, it's 35 years removed from the ending of '86.. great movie