WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Topock desert tromp poker run

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Early sign ups start Monday the 14th of August. The run it's self is Saturday November 11th. It's a 50 mile ish ride all in AZ. I have done this all years so far and it's getting better. The run features trail riding. Rock crawling and fast desert washes.

I know I am signing up again are you?

Let's get a RDP showing for this. Maybe RDP can sponser too :)

https://www.topockdeserttromp.com

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 558

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
They have done it usually the start and stop are topock 66 bar. This year may be slightly different as the topock 66 foundation is no more and not the title sponser. But yea we start off-road on Polaris road on the road to golden shores 66?? I think? Then head east until to make a right and head towards the train tracks. Once you get to the train track you head south and cross the 40 at needle mountain road.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Where is the camping for this event? Is it right at Topock- close to bar and restaurant?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Just realized this is the same weekend as Kid Rock in Laughlin. Might be cheaper to bring the buggy and do the run then see the concert instead of gambling all day!!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Camping used to be on the road to golden shores just before Polaris road. Not sure about this year.

Kid rock sounds like a blast

underpressure

Reaction score
They changed the whole deal up this year...it's not hosted at all by Topock. It's going to be more like the Desert Bash, with a "camp" area that is also the start and finish area. They're serving up burgers and chips for lunch...and made the loop shorter.

I signed up...

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Early sign ups start Monday the 14th of August. The run it's self is Saturday November 11th. It's a 50 mile ish ride all in AZ. I have done this all years so far and it's getting better. The run features trail riding. Rock crawling and fast desert washes.

I know I am signing up again are you?

Let's get a RDP showing for this. Maybe RDP can sponser too :)

https://www.topockdeserttromp.com

The flyer is a little less than informative....are there bypasses for the rock crawling?? is this a Street legal only deal ?? SXS only?? or a run what you brung sort of deal...

I ask only beacause you said you have done a couple , you seem to be in the "know"..

thank's..

Mike

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The flyer is a little less than informative....are there bypasses for the rock crawling?? is this a Street legal only deal ?? SXS only?? or a run what you brung sort of deal...

I ask only beacause you said you have done a couple , you seem to be in the "know"..

thank's..

Mike

In previous years it's been mostly sxs with some jeeps and some prerunner trucks. There are sections of 4x4 if your going to slow. Loose rocky hills. There is one section that has a small rock crawl that a stock keep will do just fine to climb up again 4x4 easily done. As far as street legal goes, yes in years past you needed to be az street legal. As some of this was on roads less than 2 miles or so. The blm did watch for that. It's all families of all ages and go at your pace type deal. It is very dusty.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
In previous years it's been mostly sxs with some jeeps and some prerunner trucks. There are sections of 4x4 if your going to slow. Loose rocky hills. There is one section that has a small rock crawl that a stock keep will do just fine to climb up again 4x4 easily done. As far as street legal goes, yes in years past you needed to be az street legal. As some of this was on roads less than 2 miles or so. The blm did watch for that. It's all families of all ages and go at your pace type deal. It is very dusty.

So this might not be the preffered piece of equipment ?.... LOl... No plate and no 4X4... But dust and fast is covered...

28417.jpg

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
2 years ago there was a car like that went. Very nice alumicraft. V8 car similar to yours. The car came back beat to hell from the az pinstripping and all the rocks and what not. You could do it in 2 wheel just use gas. The problem is your car is wide and some of the spots are only jeep wide if that. Less than 5% is unfriendly to you. The rest you will have fun on

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Where do you off road now?

Mostly in Lucerne/Mohave.... This car was just built...Not even 100 miles on it yet.... This pic was taken in Havasu landing local desert.... that will be its winter base..But plan on pre running some select desert races and if The cartels in Mexico would calm down , I would be all over down there...

Thanks for the info on the Poker run....

Mike

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So this might not be the preffered piece of equipment ?.... LOl... No plate and no 4X4... But dust and fast is covered...

View attachment 580341

I'm 89" wide in my car and had no issues the first year they did it, and the Sacramento Wash is a blast with power and speed, just gotta watch out for all the wanna be racers in their financed rzr's

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
I'm 89" wide in my car and had no issues the first year they did it, and the Sacramento Wash is a blast with power and speed, just gotta watch out for all the wanna be racers in their financed rzr's

Thank you for the feedback.... We may just head to Primm from the landing that weekend... seems like its geared towards the SXS and unseasoned racers...LOL!!! That's a good one!

Mike

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback.... We may just head to Primm from the landing that weekend... seems like its geared towards the SXS and unseasoned racers...LOL!!! That's a good one!

Mike

Mohave Trail up and over or trailer?

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Mohave Trail up and over or trailer?

A couple guys leave from Water Wheel and meet us at the landing , Then we set out from there... so far 4 buggies and 1 1400 truck are commited.

We have 1 truck and flatbed that chases with fuel and parts in for those who didn't do enough prep or ran out of talent on the trail...lol

All desert there and back.... Stay the night at Primm... there is chatter to try and extend the loop to Laughlin for a 3 day 2 night adventure...

We will see...

But to answer the question , Yes Mojave trail for the most part..

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
A little over 3 weeks away to this. Still 114 spots left @90 bucks a spot.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
This is a couple days a way and not too late to sign up