WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Topock to Havasu

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
I would like to launch from Topock and just cruise the Gorge next week. What is the ramp like? Is there a better time when the water comes up?
Would I be better off out if Jack Smith? What's the water like between JS and Topock?
We will be trailering from Bull head.
Thanks!

bk2drvr

Reaction score
If coming from Bullhead just launch at Jack Smith. Good deep water all the way south down river through the gorge. I do this route nearly every weekend.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Here's my .02. The ramp at Topock 66 is fine shouldn't have any issues. What I've noticed is the lack of parking if your trying to launch on Saturday and Sunday mornings. If your planning this trip during the weekdays you'll have no issues with parking. I agree with bk2drvr about launching at jack smith or pirate's cove if your coming from the North. Oh the water from Jack Smith to Topock has never been an issue and I have an I/O Boat. Its not like the shallow areas between the Needles bridge north to willow valley. Have a fun trip!

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
I’d use Jack Smith or Pirates. Better ramps and usable in all conditions.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I was at avi yesterday,... if I was at bullhead,... I would just launch at bullhead as the water is way up because of the drought, just have to know and watch for the rock bars that damn near cross the river.. the safest bet tough is to get south of the needles bridge ,.. as said tough , parking sucks at topoc to say it nice... pirates has a nice paved parking...

sintax

Reaction score
I’d use Jack Smith or Pirates. Better ramps and usable in all conditions.

ya. 100% Pirates from me, i've tried Jack Smith a few times when the waters low and its less than ideal. Pirates is always easy, generally empty, and is a nice ramp.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
If coming from Bullhead just launch at Jack Smith. Good deep water all the way south down river through the gorge. I do this route nearly every weekend.
there's rock bars just north of the bridge... first timers should go slow

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. If it was our full group we would probably out in at Rotary in BHC. It will be just the two of us mid week. We'll try JS or Pirates. Thanks again.

Riverryder

Reaction score
i prefer needles marina over jack smith. jack smith has lanes with curbs between each lane. my lady can get the trailer down to me but sometimes tends to sidewind down the ramp.
pirates have probaly the best ramp parking out of the 4. but the river from the bridge to pirates is to nice!!

nowski

Reaction score
Avoid the long lines at Jack Smith and launch at Park Moabi / Pirates just my .02 cents...

Reactions: DWC

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
This would be Mon- Wed. Hopefully it's not too crowded at any of them. I back the trailer wife handles the boat. She likes a lot of room or we walk it off and tie to dock. At the Nautical she either beaches or does a dock pick up.
We were at Princess Cove on a Wednesday, and we just tied it off.

Last edited:

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
We were able to check out Needles Marina and Jack Smith on our way to BHC. Looks like both will work for us. Thanks again!

Riverryder

Reaction score
if you dont know river from jack smith to pirates there's only one sand bar that you have to worry about. if you pay attention you can see how far it comes out. the water will tell you the way it hits it. down river its on the cali side. just hug the az side and your good to go!!

Last edited: