WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Topock to Oatman in my Rzr

AlexV22

Reaction score
Never done this ride. Anyone know where I can catch a trail from Topock to Oatman?

Meaney77

Reaction score
We have done the ride several times leaving from Park Moabi. Follow the trail that parallels the river, and crossing over the bridge in Needles. No real direct route or labeled trail that I am aware of, we just rely on instinct.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Are you going from Golden Shores? Or Topock? Done it many times since I have a place in Golden Shores, but can get you there from either.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Let me google earth it for you, It won't be pretty, I'm not a computer nerd.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
It should look more or less like this. I'll try and upload them one at a time starting near Topock

InkedCapture13.gif

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
From more or less the Topock area, stay on the E. side of Rt. 66, and parallel Rt. 66 heading north, theres a few different little trails, but just keep heading towards Golden Shores on the E. side.

InkedCapture.1GIF.gif

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
When you get into Golden Shores, you'll have to jog over and cross Rt. 66, and get to the trail that is just E. of Rt. 1, it's a pipeline trail, and well traveled. You'll be on this trail most of the way to Oatman heading North.
InkedCapture2.gif

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Once on the Pipeline trail, you'll just stay on this, there are some decent little hill climbs, and you'll cross over a few washes. As you begin to approach the Power Plant, you'll be looking for a well traveled trail that heads E. There is a tiny little fenced in areas with some sort of equipment in it. ( I don't remember whats in it) This is usually a good spot for a beer and to let the group regather up.
InkedCapture3.gif

InkedCapture6.gif

InkedCapture7.gif

InkedCapture6.gif

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
After you turn right (E) at the fenced in area, you will be on this trail for a few miles, You will next turn right again at a major trail that heads either direction, I believe it's "Willow Drive". There a few different ways to get to that trail/road. Check out Google Earth, and you can pick and choose.

Attachments

• InkedCapture9.gif
    InkedCapture9.gif
    468.3 KB · Views: 65

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Once on Willow drive, you will be head E. You will come across a fairly large fenced in Sub station, You will turn left (N) at the power station.

InkedCapture10.gif

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Another few miles on this trail, and you will find more options to turn right (N) towards Oatman and Rt. 66 (Oatman Hwy). You can head N. at a large well traveled trail, and run a ridge line until you hit the Hwy, or you can travel a little further and turn North in the large wash. Either one, you will hit the Hwy, and need to take pavement for a couple miles into town. As long as you drive slow, nobody will hassle you. Lots of offroad cars and motorcycles in town on weekend.

InkedCapture11.gif

InkedCapture12.gif

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Hope this helps, there's a few ways there, but this one I know the best.

I would jump on Google earth and check it out and it will probably make more sense.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Let me know when you're doing the trip, the pipe line trail runs behind my house, and I'm out there all time now due to the Covid.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The upper set of homes, head East above them, the north past them once you get above them, keep headed north the trails will then bring you down across the 66 into the clay pits, then just keep headed north. There’s 10-15 different ways from there. Keep moving North with a slight East arc and you’ll hit Boundary Cone rd about 2 miles west of Oatman, take it up into town.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
@AlexV22