WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tornado OutBRAKE!!

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
One of the most surprising things to me from the F5 tornado in Barneveld, WI in 1984 was that they found identifiable debris from Barneveld over 135 miles away...simply amazing.
I grew up outside of Berlin, WI. Dad found gas station receipts from barneveld after the storm. I vividly remember it. I must’ve been around 9?

Spooky for sure.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Thank you guys already. My wife just forwarded over $320. All but $50 was from you guys. I'm pretty sure she was crying when my wife told her. That there is an immediate, huge impact on a small family that is going through hell.

Big Chorizo

Reaction score
Thank you guys already. My wife just forwarded over $320. All but $50 was from you guys. I'm pretty sure she was crying when my wife told her. That there is an immediate, huge impact on a small family that is going through hell.
Venmo sent, horrible situation.

LC925

Reaction score
Venmo Sent
The sky goes green, then it goes silent, then all hell breaks loose. The roar of a tornado is like you said indescribable unless you've experienced it. Being stuffed into a bathtub, with your parents laying on top of you with a mattress pulled over the top of us all hoping to survive is not something I will ever forget.

this storm is beyond anything I can ever recall happening..200 miles of a tornado that big will be a massive loss of life and property.
My brother lives just south of Louisville, KY. Was sending me videos of curtains of rain down pour. Winds were out of control. Couldn’t even hear the tornado sirens over the winds. But like you mentioned, he states the sounds is something indescribable. He’s only been out in KY from CA about 2 years now and says he would take earthquakes any day over that un easy feeling. Luckily they were spared and it went right by them.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Venmo Sent

My brother lives just south of Louisville, KY. Was sending me videos of curtains of rain down pour. Winds were out of control. Couldn’t even here the tornado sirens over the winds. But like you mentioned, he states the sounds is something indescribable. He’s only been out in KY from CA about 2 years now and says he would take earthquakes any day over that un easy feeling. Luckily they were spared and it went right by them.
When I was in Kentucky, just outside Owensboro, about 15 years ago, three was a tornado warning (I believe. The one where the conditions were right but none on the ground yet) I never slept so shitty in my lift that night. Horrible feeling.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Rdp is an amazing place with so many caring people.

Let's keep this going the best we can.

When I see situations like this on the news I want to help but with so many organizations taking a cut I'm hesitant because I want the people that are affected to receive as much as possible. So when it's a direct to person situation it's way better.

I'm glad I could a little.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
When I was in Kentucky, just outside Owensboro, about 15 years ago, three was a tornado warning (I believe. The one where the conditions were right but none on the ground yet) I never slept so shitty in my lift that night. Horrible feeling.
Tornado Watch

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Mayfield ky which is about 30 miles from my home was devastated.

I was wondering about you guys when I saw where the tornado's hit. We had one hit about 15 miles from my place near Paris. Phone kept waking me up with alerts from my town.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I was wondering about you guys when I saw where the tornado's hit. We had one hit about 15 miles from my place near Paris. Phone kept waking me up with alerts from my town.

I'm in Iowa right now but my mom and dad said they just had a little wind nothing else. My friend that moved to ky from komifornia said they just had mild Santa Anna winds at their farm.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Rdp is an amazing place with so many caring people.

Let's keep this going the best we can.

When I see situations like this on the news I want to help but with so many organizations taking a cut I'm hesitant because I want the people that are affected to receive as much as possible. So when it's a direct to person situation it's way better.

I'm glad I could a little.
Yes it is.

The incredible and immediate help has been paramount to this family.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
So my wife's friend..... a few more details about them. She lives in the low income housing in Dawson Ky. Because they are such low income, they didn't have renter's insurance. They lost everything. This was the first Christmas in years she was able to afford to give her kids a Christmas cause she just got a job. All that is gone. Even worse, all her son's medical supplies are gone. She's one of the people that helped us when our 2nd kid was diagnosed with FPIES and required the extremely expensive formula and our insurance wouldn't cover it. She stepped up and sent us dozen of cans of her son's extra supply for just shipping cost. She has helped many other families in that same way too.

I never post anything like this, but this situation warranted it. Specially with what kind of person she is. If anybody can help with ANYTHING at all, please let me know. Here is a Go Fund Me for her.

Venmo sent. Prayers for all those affected by this tragedy.

SkiDoc

Reaction score
I’m in Bowling Green. My house and practice were spared. This community is amazing In the way people take care of one another. i can’t believe more people didn’t perish. My brother-in-law lives in downtown Mayfield and they were alright. Prayers to those who didn’t make it.

bonesfab

Reaction score
My sister is in southern Illinois. She sent me pics of the Amazon dist. center they say is partially collapsed. They need to redefine partially collasped. That tornado went right through the middle of it. Like 100 feet of building gone.

RIVERDAZE

Reaction score
There is a helpless feeling when your daughter text you at 1am from college in Nashville that they are being evacuated to the basement with the eminent threat of tornadoes, pouring rain with 80-100mph winds already blowing! Helpless I lay praying in CA...They lost power which added to the drama but thank God that was all! Cannot believe all of the destruction from one storm! The images and video are insane!!! Praying for the lost and injured!

termiteguy

Reaction score
There is a helpless feeling when your daughter text you at 1am from college in Nashville that they are being evacuated to the basement with the eminent threat of tornadoes, pouring rain with 80-100mph winds already blowing! Helpless I lay praying in CA...They lost power which added to the drama but thank God that was all! Cannot believe all of the destruction from one storm! The images and video are insane!!! Praying for the lost and injured!
Been there step daughters first year in college she called me on mother's day to tell me the same thing oh and don't tell mom I don't want her to worry

hboutlaw

Reaction score
A friend of mine is president of Independence Bank in Owensboro KY. The bank has set up a webpage on how to help/contribute to help victims in KY especially in Mayfield, KY.
The link is https://www.1776bank.com/2021/12/13/western-ky-tornado-relief/.
Just sharing this info for those of us who want to make sure our donation gets to the people who need it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My sister is in southern Illinois. She sent me pics of the Amazon dist. center they say is partially collapsed. They need to redefine partially collasped. That tornado went right through the middle of it. Like 100 feet of building gone.
I saw a screenshot of a text conversation with one of the Amazon employees to his wife (husband passed in the collapse) telling her he'll be home after the storm passes. Amazon won't let them leave. That is some brain cruching crap for a spouse to read I'm sure.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
If anybody wants to donate to the Mayfield area the Elks Club in Benton, KY (next town over) is doing relief and distributing food and essentials to the area.
Elks Clubs are 100% charity they keep NOTHING for themselves. They also have a Childrens Christmas Toy fund they use locally.
The pictures do not even come close as to what it looks like in person.