WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tow Boat U.S. vs Sea Tow

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Anybody have an opinion as to which is best? Do Costco or State Farm have some kind of promotion with either service? I boat 99% on Lake Mohave and Lake Powell as well as the lakes around Phoenix including Lake Pleasant.

Opine and thank you!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Here are some pics of their options

Sea Tow 1.PNG

Sea Tow 2.PNG

Tow Boat US.PNG

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Another question to ask...... Which tow-boat company has the most boats and coverage where you boat? It’s been awhile since I was at Powell, but the last time I was there they did not allow either service to operate on the lake. Maybe that has changed now?

In So Florida..... Towboat U.S. is king of the hill.

hallett21

Reaction score
I carry Boat US Gold as well as the best on road towing package they offer. I think it costs me $150 per year. Well worth it.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Ok so I checked both service locaters and it seems Sea Tow is on Havasu but none of the other lakes. Tow Boat US is on Mohave, Powell, Mead, Havasu and Pleasant. Guess I'm going with Tow Boat US. Anybody have a promo code or know of any discounts?

Last edited:

Playpen

Reaction score
I bought my Boat US membership at West Marine I don't Remember if there was a discount

hallett21

Reaction score
Ok so I checked both service locaters and it seems Sea Tow is on Havasu but none of the other lakes. Tow Boat US is on Mohave, Powell, Mead and Havasu and Pleasant. Guess I'm going with Tow Boat US. Anybody have a promo code or know of any discounts?
Lock it in today because I believe theres a 48-72 hour wait until they will come tow you. It basically stops people from getting a membership while they are waiting for a tow,

Howard23

Reaction score
"Considering Havasu Only on the two options" ( Sea Tow -or- Tow Boat US )
Which One is the Better of the Two if you had to pick from anyone with prior experience of their over-all services?

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
The areas you boat you need Tow boat us

Jay Dub

Reaction score
I have tow boat us and primarily boat at Lake Havasu. I purchased as a package along with BoatUS membership and insurance for many years. I believe there may have been a discount for buying all three together.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Ok so I just signed up for the Unlimited Gold package and the Unlimited Trailer Assist package from Boat US. Also am a member now with them so that's good. Glad to have it. Didn't mention anything about the 48 or 72 hour rule but come Saturday it will have been 3 days.

mswasey

Reaction score
I have Sign & Glide on my Progressive policy. I’ve never used it so no personal experience, but the coverage sounds great and it’s only $30/yr for my boat in my area. Hoping it works well if I ever need it at Powell!

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Ok so I just signed up for the Unlimited Gold package and the Unlimited Trailer Assist package from Boat US. Also am a member now with them so that's good. Glad to have it. Didn't mention anything about the 48 or 72 hour rule but come Saturday it will have been 3 days.

My brother is a captain for tow boat us here in San Diego. Your membership is effective at midnight the day your purchase it so your good there. If you have Geico insurance you should get a discount.

As a note Geico is the only company that will pay for your salvage should something go terribly wrong. All other insurance companies make you pay out of pocket and they reimburse the cost after the fact. Depending on boat size it can be rather expensive.

It’s amazing the amount of people that go offshore with no membership then complain about the hr rate for non members. The membership is about half of what 1 hr non member rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I have used Tow Boat US twice now. Once on Havasu (they towed me from the first no wake zone, back to Windsor) and once at Shasta. They don't have service there, but the Sheriff towed me, I wrote them a check ($250) and then TBUS reimbursed me. I will have that service as long as I have boats!

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I have BoatUS and used them twice, I only boat at Havasu.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
We had to use TowBoat US once on Lake Mead and it was a life saver. That single tow probably more than paid for my membership fees for the rest of my life.

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
I have used Tow Boat US twice now. Once on Havasu (they towed me from the first no wake zone, back to Windsor) and once at Shasta. They don't have service there, but the Sheriff towed me, I wrote them a check ($250) and then TBUS reimbursed me. I will have that service as long as I have boats!

That’s the other benefit to TBUS if they don’t offer service they reimburse your costs for the tow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

River Runnin

Reaction score
My friend has the service and when his new boat took a shit it was 4 hours minimum to get to him! ... So he called me! :D