WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Towable's

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Looking to get the kids a new towable for our Powell trip later this year. What do you guys have that the kids have liked? Any brands to steer clear of? This is for a 7 and 9 year old and the random adult that may want to get on it.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Costco or Sams is best bang for thebuck. I have 5 tubes we rotate. Was at Sam's yesterday's. Not in stock yet they are seasonal. I will check Costco tomorrow.

For that age a 3 or 4 person that is stable to get them comfortable.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Costco or Sams is best bang for thebuck. I have 5 tubes we rotate. Was at Sam's yesterday's. Not in stock yet they are seasonal. I will check Costco tomorrow.

For that age a 3 or 4 person that is stable to get them comfortable.

Have used the HO tubes for years. The built in back and arm rest holds smaller kids well. Really the best value I think. I do recommend a booster ball for the rope. It really made towing better and the tube easier to control. Eliminated that initial submarine that you can sometimes get when starting with smaller kids.

Sams Club in Murrieta had them when I went in over the weekend. I think both stores will ship them also.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
We've been going with the "Mables", Big Mable, Super Mable. They've lasted for 3-4 years and are fairly sturdy on the water.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I guess a more important question is, is there *anyone* that follows the directions for the towable? or does everyone try to go crazy and whip the crap out of the towable across a large wake (sometimes of your own making) and go for like 4 feet of an air and a yard sale?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Big Mable.
Screenshot_20210413-135615_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I've got one of these I'd sell ya.
You can tow them in either direction.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
This was given to us by a good friend but we've never used it. We have the Super Mable and don't need another towable. If you want this one, it's yours for free. It's a 3 seater.

FREE TO A GOOD HOME. :D Takers?

towable.jpg

Last edited:

lantz

Reaction score

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I use to go through a tube every year when the kids were small. Found that anything with a back support would tear from stress. Used plain flat 4 person tubes for a few years... They lasted the longest and would double as a mattress for Powell (we always sleep on the roof of the Houseboat). Changed to Costco tubes as you could always return when the bladders would rip.

f12517

Reaction score
I guess a more important question is, is there *anyone* that follows the directions for the towable? or does everyone try to go crazy and whip the crap out of the towable across a large wake (sometimes of your own making) and go for like 4 feet of an air and a yard sale?
You mean like this...?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Up river or down river?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, as long as it's not in the refuge😉😊
It's made to be towed with backrest forward and be on your knees or the normal way in a seated position.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I just bought a nice one and 3 wakeboards on Offer Up for 200.00

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Lol, as long as it's not in the refuge[emoji6][emoji4]
It's made to be towed with backrest forward and be on your knees or the normal way in a seated position.

Let’s give that thing a run for it’s money in speed alley [emoji12]

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
The towable is located in San Diego. Whoever wants it, PM me.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
You mean like this...?

Close but you didn't get a barrel roll out of it. You had to do boat donuts in a figure 8 to work up the wakes into something approaching a tsunami and then whip them towards it. I still cant believe we didn't kill anyone or wind up with serious injuries.

DWC

Reaction score
The towable is located in San Diego. Whoever wants it, PM me.
I’m working in San Diego tomorrow if anyone needs me to pick it up.. Back in IE for the weekend and Havasu DS weekend if you need a drop off.

svlperry

Reaction score
I’m working in San Diego tomorrow if anyone needs me to pick it up.. Back in IE for the weekend and Havasu DS weekend if you need a drop off.

Can u pick it up for me and I can pick it up from you in the ie

DWC

Reaction score
Can u pick it up for me and I can pick it up from you in the ie

Yep, shouldn’t be a problem. Heading from Chino to El Cajon first thing in the morning. Just need to know where to go from there.

svlperry

Reaction score
Yep, shouldn’t be a problem. Heading from Chino to El Cajon first thing in the morning. Just need to know where to go from there.

I work for a tow company up here in Victorville and we have a yard in Chino so I can always pick it up from down there

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Agreed anything @ Costco/Sams is good bang for buck.

Big Mable.
View attachment 991915
I've got one of these I'd sell ya.
You can tow them in either direction.

We have the Big Mable, It is a little more compact when deflated and versatile which I like.

The Big Mable does not have individual seats, and you sit ON it. You are sitting on an air cushion. like a raft. The ones with individual seats (like tamalewagon showed here) you sit IN, and you just have a nylon barrier between the water and your butt, no air cushion. For larger people this may be less comfortable.

Just something to think about.