WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Towing a 3 axle trailer with tire & wheel missing

DickieB

Reaction score
broke a leaf spring on the trailer, boat(Conquest deck) is in Parker, need to get it to Franks Trailer in Havasu. Gonna get the boat to ramp which is close and launch, tie it up and then take the empty trailer to Havasu with the axle snugged up with a couple of heavy duty winch straps. So towing an empty trailer with 5 wheels on the ground. If I take it easy, I should be good......

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
you will be fine, I don't carry a spare on my flat or day cruiser, but I carry chain and have chained up an axel to get to a tire shop.

Reactions: TPC

DickieB

Reaction score
That doesn't happen every day. I'm sure you'll have them do a through inspection of other leafs and hardware.
yep, Frank replacing all the leafs. He just freshened the trailer in January, paint, bunks, lights and wheel bearings. I don't blame them for the spring, how would they ever see that? Just a tired leaf....

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It's the advantage of a three axle.
You'll be fine.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
yep, Frank replacing all the leafs. He just freshened the trailer in January, paint, bunks, lights and wheel bearings. I don't blame them for the spring, how would they ever see that? Just a tired leaf....

Good deal. It happens, not their fault.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Not sure about leaf springs but I towed my twin engine Daytona a few times on only 5 wheels. It was an Extreme trailer with independent suspension.... never “tied up” a wheel or anything.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
No issues towing on 5 tires with an empty trailer. Good call replacing all the springs, they're cheap anyway.

Not sure about leaf springs but I towed my twin engine Daytona a few times on only 5 wheels. It was an Extreme trailer with independent suspension.... never “tied up” a wheel or anything.
Thats one nice benefit of torsion axles is you can pull a tire off and keep going! The other is they don't have springs to rot out and they ride smoother.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I've had buddies tow in to Parker on a tandem tripod with on axle hub strapped up and made it just fine. And that was with the trailer loaded. You should be more than fine. Just take it slow and keep an eye on the mirrors

Riverbottom

Reaction score
broke a leaf spring on the trailer, boat(Conquest deck) is in Parker, need to get it to Franks Trailer in Havasu. Gonna get the boat to ramp which is close and launch, tie it up and then take the empty trailer to Havasu with the axle snugged up with a couple of heavy duty winch straps. So towing an empty trailer with 5 wheels on the ground. If I take it easy, I should be good......

Just saw this post, If you need a place for you Conquest, our dock is available. Richard 928-916-2461

DickieB

Reaction score
Just saw this post, If you need a place for you Conquest, our dock is available. Richard 928-916-2461
where are you? that's a generous offer. I'd only need it for Friday night. Boat lives at Rio Vista storage. Our plan was to tie up to a bouy at Foxs, that's where we live, if one of the three buoys is available.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
where are you? that's a generous offer. I'd only need it for Friday night. Boat lives at Rio Vista storage. Our plan was to tie up to a bouy at Foxs, that's where we live, if one of the three buoys is available.

I am at the entrance to the Keys on the down river side.