WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Towing Police - Need input.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’m confused as to where this falls.
Freedom loving American easy rider, or menace to everyone on the road?

Things that are racing through my mind -

Yea, but how do you stop??
What is the tow rating of that motorcycle??
Speed rating on those tires??
You were going almost 70!!!

Is an F350 DRW needed here?

5F49FBD7-122E-4662-AE1C-213C6321B69F.png

USMC2010

Reaction score
Personally I hate trikes and think if you need a trailer behind a motorcycle you have overpacked. That being said, those have been around for a very long time in many versions. None of them are very heavy set.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score

View attachment 1010142
I saw one pulling 2 little trailer like that WTF buy a mother home 😳

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Load distribution and helper bags Atleast I hope.

DLC

Reaction score
I think that a Ford Ranger Dually would tow that beast all day long! King of the 1/4 tons!

And I agree need more axles!

Mike K

Reaction score
About the trike comment ... yeah ... I used to think they were kinda lame ... then I found out that the peeps who buy them usually have bad backs or real strength probs etc ... but still want to ride ... so I have totally changed my mind and I think those guys who ride trikes are awesome.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
About the trike comment ... yeah ... I used to think they were kinda lame ... then I found out that the peeps who buy them usually have bad backs or real strength probs etc ... but still want to ride ... so I have totally changed my mind and I think those guys who ride trikes are awesome.
Same here, lot of guys and gals that would otherwise be on the couch, good for them. But the completely healthy people who buy the backwards trike things, that’s a different story. Met a guy that told me he bought it because his wife wouldn’t let him buy a bike since it was unsafe.. If a truck hits you the result is going to be the same.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

View attachment 1010142

I've been riding all of my life on the street and off road. I'm gonna say, looking at those set ups, not one time did that thought go through my mind...

Gee, that looks like fun!

Hard pass. :p

Springfield

Reaction score
I am curious as to how many posters here actually did or currently ride. Checking this quarterback status. 😆
Rider all my life, distance not the bar hop shit.
And I am chasing @ONE-A-DAY to Sturgis this year. 😁

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
That doesn’t seem half bad. It’s these guys that drive me insane. Motorcycle loaded with like 10 cargo boxes and they STILL split lanes. If you need to bring all of that shit with you then just drive a car
3F402A0D-2C78-413E-923A-651062A5A629.jpeg

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I am curious as to how many posters here actually did or currently ride. Checking this quarterback status. 😆

You should know better. Being an RDP member automatically qualifies said member to criticize and be an expert on any subject. 😁

Travmon

Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a goldwing and a tiny pop-up tent trailer that he has pulled for 25 + years..Sometimes im a little jeolous of his see half America for 30 dollars in gas trips,,He has layed it down twice with out any major issues.. To each theyre own !

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I'm 63. Started on a Taco 22 about 8 years old? I own a Vrod and a few other sets of handlebars currently. Couldn't tell you how many different sets of handlebars I've owned over the years. Too many to count.

What do I win?

20190624_103542.jpg

squeezer

Reaction score
Have ridden for 46 years. All two wheel until last summer when a buddy of mine dropped off his spare sidecar for a few months...

Not going to give up two wheels but a hack or trike make it damm easy to run around with the kids.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We
We leave 8/3, 5 days to get there, all back roads up through Colorado, Ouray, Silverton, over summit of Rocky Mountain National Park, Million Dollar Highway, etc. Son and buddy coming with this year on their fairing less dynas, should be interesting if they can hang with the old guy but I’m on a couch with two wheels. Wife driving truck in a more direct route with empty trailer so we can haul bikes back home, none of us had the time for the ride back home and the price to ship the bikes back has tripled since last year.

B1453DBA-2DF7-47C5-A95E-CAAD252FF94D.jpeg
AC845C99-B010-4869-9008-1CD1F463988F.jpeg

Last edited:

brgrcru

Reaction score
Can a new eco boost f150 tow that ?

rrrr

Reaction score
We leave 8/3, 5 days to get there, all back roads up through Colorado, Ouray, Silverton, over summit of Rocky Mountain National Park, Million Dollar Highway, etc.

That's a beautiful ride. When I was flying hang gliders, we used to drive up from Albuquerque in my K25 Suburban and go up to Silverton to fly off of the big mountain that's directly east of town. Then we would take the jeep trail over the pass to Ophir and go to Telluride. It's only 17 miles from Silverton to Ophir.

The highway between Silverton and Ouray has spectacular scenery. That section was originally completed in 1924, supposedly at a cost of one million dollars per mile.

rrrr

Reaction score
If you end up going through Dolores,.CO... Stop at the Depot and have a Green Chile Cheeseburger. 👍

And see the Galloping Goose museum!

Galloping-Goose-No.-5.jpg

Springfield

Reaction score
We

We leave 8/3, 5 days to get there, all back roads up through Colorado, Ouray, Silverton, over summit of Rocky Mountain National Park, Million Dollar Highway, etc. Son and buddy coming with this year on their fairing less dynas, should be interesting if they can hang with the old guy but I’m on a couch with two wheels. Wife driving truck in a more direct route with empty trailer so we can haul bikes back home, none of us had the time for the ride back home and the price to ship the bikes back has tripled since last year.

View attachment 1010458 View attachment 1010459
Those guys are going to get wind battered for sure but their young bucks and yes your super sofa looks comfy for the ride. Jo and I are leaving 8/5 to Deadwood but will take the west route, SLC, Cheyenne...
IMG_20130810_153726.jpg

Last edited:

CALEXODUS

Reaction score
Yep, my neighbor in Havasu is almost 80 and still cruises here and there into town on his trike. Old school biker and still wants the wind in his face, no helmet. I see me on one when I can not do 2 wheels anymore.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Those guys are going to get wind battered for sure but their young bucks and yes your super sofa looks comfy for the ride. Jo and I are leaving 8/5 to Deadwood but will take the west route, SLC, Cheyenne...
View attachment 1010538
Went up through Utah last year, we liked the Colorado route better from the year prior so that’s the plan. See you there. We have kid rock VIP tickets, gonna be epic.....

Last edited:

oldseddie

Reaction score
That's a beautiful ride. When I was flying hang gliders, we used to drive up from Albuquerque in my K25 Suburban and go up to Silverton to fly off of the big mountain that's directly east of town. Then we would take the jeep trail over the pass to Ophir and go to Telluride. It's only 17 miles from Silverton to Ophir.

The highway between Silverton and Ouray has spectacular scenery. That section was originally completed in 1924, supposedly at a cost of one million dollars per mile.
Great to hear more than one peep here has committed illicit acts of aviation. Used to drive to Torry pines every January as it's too cold in N. Carolina to do so.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
Great to hear more than one peep here has committed illicit acts of aviation. Used to drive to Torry pines every January as it's too cold in N. Carolina to do so.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

There were a few times that we planned our summer trips to Torrey Pines to coincide with a full moon. We would leave Albuquerque around 10 AM, and arrive in San Diego just after dark. After grabbing something to eat, it was off to the park to set up.

Once the moon had risen enough to provide light, we would begin launching. The reflection of moonlight on the breaking surf illuminated the cliff face. To prevent midair collisions, there were small strobe lights mounted on the kite's kingpost.

If wind conditions were right, the ridge lift allowed flying for hours. We would land back on top for breaks, and then take off again.

Of course this was a time when California was still fun, and the spectacle of hang gliders soaring along the cliffs in the moonlight with blinking strobes was enjoyed by the spectators that showed up. There weren't any State Nanny Police patrolling the park, and we were seen as adventurers, not menaces to society.

Dettom

Reaction score
We

View attachment 1010458 View attachment 1010459
Fun trip. Last time I rode the Million Dollar Highway, it was 80 degrees and as I neared the top, it was raining, then snow. Be ready for quick weather changes.

Dettom

Reaction score
Yep, my neighbor in Havasu is almost 80 and still cruises here and there into town on his trike. Old school biker and still wants the wind in his face, no helmet. I see me on one when I can not do 2 wheels anymore.
Trike is Harleys version of a mobility scooter. Don’t know if I’ll ever make the change..

Dettom

Reaction score
And see the Galloping Goose museum!

Galloping-Goose-No.-5.jpg
We’re going to Delores in a few weeks. That Goose has been there forever..

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Fun trip. Last time I rode the Million Dollar Highway, it was 80 degrees and as I neared the top, it was raining, then snow. Be ready for quick weather changes.
We went over the summit of Rocky Mountain National Park last year, 38 degrees at the top in August, stopped 5 times to add more and more layers. Thank god for heated seat and grips (old dude stuff)

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
That doesn’t seem half bad. It’s these guys that drive me insane. Motorcycle loaded with like 10 cargo boxes and they STILL split lanes. If you need to bring all of that shit with you then just drive a car
View attachment 1010397
I always figured they got some smokin deals at harbor freight and were unfortunate enough to have taken the bike

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Do you not pay attention son? Those can tow anything. 👍
OK I'm confused. I thought we established that you were a public menace and taking your life in your own hands if attempted to tow anything with less than a GMC Kodiac or 550 Super Duty.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 1010397
What kind of adventure rider would they be if they didn’t have every accessory imaginable on them to trek through Peru with?

The Africa Twin has always been my dream bike. Lol
A fully loaded touring gold wing a close second