WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

towing with a suburban 5.3 4x4??? anyone???

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
1st world problems ...

still try'n to figure out how to get from vegas to havasu with the two dogs..looks like motorhome with roof air is the only way?????I figured the caddy would be cool:thumbsup
but then you can stop or change plans to go some where else...

summers coming up quick...:thumbsup:):drink

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Let's get down to brass tax here....

How much do you want for the suburban and where are the pics?

I don't sell stuff here because I always fix them up too nice and sell too cheep..pisses everyone off...and I can't post picks....last time they loaded my motorhome up with black people....I thought it was kinda racist..... or I guess maybe they where try'n to say what kind of rig it was ..... anyway... it sold to someone not from here and he is delighted with the rig...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I don't sell stuff here because I always fix them up too nice and sell too cheep..pisses everyone off...and I can't post picks....last time they loaded my motorhome up with black people....I thought it was kinda racist..... or I guess maybe they where try'n to say what kind of rig it was ..... anyway... it sold to someone not from here and he is delighted with the rig...

Seriously Steve - I want to buy a suburban for my mom. PM me please

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My wife and I both had that era of Tahoe, and they were awful to tow with. In thinking the longer wheelbase of the suburban would be better, but the Tahoes were awful with trailer sway.

That's it for sure, the short wheelbase makes Tahoes / Yukons sketchy when towing anything substantial. Your basically towing with the same chassis they put under the single cab short bed trucks. The Burb has a Wheelbase like the crew cab short bed trucks have, much longer

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Steve I have a question, my son is exploring a transfer from Reno to Las Vegas, he would like to live out towards Henderson or Bullhead, he would be looking for a home on a larger lot with room for toys...Cindy and are are thinking of relocating to LHC when she retires. What is the drive-time from Vegas to LHC driving the speed limit, both in a car and towing?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Seriously Steve - I want to buy a suburban for my mom. PM me please

this one is pretty clean....I ordered all new front lights, all 6 pieces...plus I been detailing the shit out of it

DSC03371.jpg DSC03372.jpg DSC03373.jpg DSC03374.jpg DSC03375.jpg DSC03377.jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve I have a question, my son is exploring a transfer from Reno to Las Vegas, he would like to live out towards Henderson or Bullhead, he would be looking for a home on a larger lot with room for toys...Cindy and are are thinking of relocating to LHC when she retires. What is the drive-time from Vegas to LHC driving the speed limit, both in a car and towing?

I live on the north west side of vegas...it's 170 miles. so three hours....most people say they do it in 2 hrs...now... we leave at about 6pm and get there at 6am... some times we stop to eat... and if we get tired we stop and sleep..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so anyway.... still working on the burb that needs nothing but gas:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

so far.....Wheels/Tires, Brakes(F)(R), Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter, Oil Change, Cooler Gasket, Plugs and Wires, Knock Sensors, Harness, Intake Set, Valve Cover Gasket, Exhaust Manifold Gasket, Broken Bolts in Head(Exhaust Leak), Headlights, Fog Lights, Turn Signal lenses, Headlight Switch, A/C Control Panel, Window Regulator, Gas Cap, CV Axle and A 50 Series Flowmaster 3" Tuck Tailpipe.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
so anyway.... still working on the burb that needs nothing but gas:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

so far.....Wheels/Tires, Brakes(F)(R), Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter, Oil Change, Cooler Gasket, Plugs and Wires, Knock Sensors, Harness, Intake Set, Valve Cover Gasket, Exhaust Manifold Gasket, Broken Bolts in Head(Exhaust Leak), Headlights, Fog Lights, Turn Signal lenses, Headlight Switch, A/C Control Panel, Window Regulator, Gas Cap, CV Axle and A 50 Series Flowmaster 3" Tuck Tailpipe.

Rare to have that only put gas and go. Kicking myself for selling my Dmax. It was 100 percent done.

Sounds about right to me with your list. Might as well replace all hoses, water pump, t stat with new housing. The stupid plastic heater core connections also.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Rare to have that only put gas and go. Kicking myself for selling my Dmax. It was 100 percent done.

Sounds about right to me with your list. Might as well replace all hoses, water pump, t stat with new housing. The stupid plastic heater core connections also.

what gets me is the amount work you have to do on the "needs nothing" cars...:rolleyes and the amount of people that'll drive around with the dash lit up like about a christmas tree ...

Runs2rch

Reaction score
what gets me is the amount work you have to do on the "needs nothing" cars...:rolleyes and the amount of people that'll drive around with the dash lit up like about a christmas tree ...

You mean oil changes are not the end all to being perfectly maintained???!!!

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

So what your saying is it's ready to sell to me

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I'm going to start the bidding at 5K:D:thumbup::champagne:

hey, this is a clean burb....it's gonna go to havasu and live in the new garage...then I'm gonna sell the eco ram that only has 3k miles on it.... probley take it to anderson, or car max...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You should hold onto this. It will be worth another 20% by May :)

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Sweet Jebus!!

Can someone get me a scorecard? I can't keep track of all of this stuff. Motorhome #1 #2, vans, trucks, more vans, more trucks, jeeps, arks, super tankers, the tea cup rides at Disney, a stray whale off strands, some wet backs streaking for the border...

....I'm exhausted...

2FF hasn't entered the "Super tanker" market yet. But when he does... :)

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Put me in the running for purchase!!!

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Does the horn work? My wife's 03 Tahoe, my 03 HD , sisters 04 Tahoe all had horns that failed before 80K miles. I used to tease my wife and sister that they used them to much, but my truck did the same thing. I replaced all of them with GM parts, laid on the horn in my truck a couple of days ago and one of them has crapped out again, sounds like a Yugo again.

a big block (8.1) 3/4 ton Burban would be the ultimate tow vehicle. I don't understand why GM discontinued the HD burbans in the mid 00's and or didn't offer the Duramax in one.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Does the horn work? My wife's 03 Tahoe, my 03 HD , sisters 04 Tahoe all had horns that failed before 80K miles. I used to tease my wife and sister that they used them to much, but my truck did the same thing. I replaced all of them with GM parts, laid on the horn in my truck a couple of days ago and one of them has crapped out again, sounds like a Yugo again.

a big block (8.1) 3/4 ton Burban would be the ultimate tow vehicle. I don't understand why GM discontinued the HD burbans in the mid 00's and or didn't offer the Duramax in one.

The didn't discontinue the HD burbs, you can get them thru 2013 for sure. Note sure about the new style though. The 8.1 fell by the wayside in 06 I think though

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

yep horn works....in fact, everything was working on it when I went to bed last night;):rolleyes:P

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
it still my plan to take this burb to havasu and leave it there hooked to the boat.....then If I can ever gey everything fixed on the caddie , take it there also to leave..
then I can travel back and forth in the little rv,...have the burb to tow the boat, caddie to go out to eat...

having the ram set there and drop in value wasn't that good of an idea...only 3k miles on it though:)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Mine both went out and I replaced them with a cheap aftermarket from O'Reilly's, has yet to fail after 5 years.
The didn't discontinue the HD burbs, you can get them thru 2013 for sure. Note sure about the new style though. The 8.1 fell by the wayside in 06 I think though
This is correct. But to expand on it, no more 3/4 ton Burbs in the current body style. Unless it's ordered for the Gov't. Then they have some special kinda half-assed HD Burb they can order.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
it still my plan to take this burb to havasu and leave it there hooked to the boat.....then If I can ever gey everything fixed on the caddie , take it there also to leave..
then I can travel back and forth in the little rv,...have the burb to tow the boat, caddie to go out to eat...

having the ram set there and drop in value wasn't that good of an idea...only 3k miles on it though:)
Let me know as soon as you are thinking of selling the burb. I will meet you in Havasu with cash.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
just wondering here,.... what do you guys think this is worth???? here was my experience .... the ones for sell that weren't all dented and needing paint and interior,, all seem to start around 5k and a little more for 4x4...all of them that I looked at had stuff not working.... most even said stuff like... oh, the check engine light? it's broke, there's nothing wrong with the truck, it's always been on:rolleyes:rolleyes

this one seemed to be the best over all.... but still took a big bag of coin to fix everything..

I think if you can find a clean one with clean title you have to do a lot of looking... this one the leathers nice and it's loaded...:thumbsup

also the paint is nice and shiny.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
just wondering here,.... what do you guys think this is worth???? here was my experience .... the ones for sell that weren't all dented and needing paint and interior,, all seem to start around 5k and a little more for 4x4...all of them that I looked at had stuff not working.... most even said stuff like... oh, the check engine light? it's broke, there's nothing wrong with the truck, it's always been on:rolleyes:rolleyes

this one seemed to be the best over all.... but still took a big bag of coin to fix everything..

I think if you can find a clean one with clean title you have to do a lot of looking... this one the leathers nice and it's loaded...:thumbsup

also the paint is nice and shiny.
$8k - $10k??

How many miles?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
190k.... about right on for the 15k per year....also , I really don't wanna repeat this , but I was told the trans was done around 150k....

I can get one in nice shape with ~100k miles for around $8k

With that kind of mileage $5-6k if it is clean.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
190k.... about right on for the 15k per year....also , I really don't wanna repeat this , but I was told the trans was done around 150k....
It's got a 4L60 in a Suburban. If it was used to tow or haul much of anything, I'd hope the trans had been rebuilt. Of not, you're on borrowed time.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I can get one in nice shape with ~100k miles for around $8k

With that kind of mileage $5-6k if it is clean.

yeah, thats a good deal,,, then you have to put a trans, do the knock sensors, headlight switch, temp controll.. cats..tires wheels..

trust me, I looked... everyone needs money:(:(:(

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
heres what they need if they are real clean and need nothing..

....Wheels/Tires, Brakes(F)(R), Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter, Oil Change, Cooler Gasket, Plugs and Wires, Knock Sensors, Harness, Intake Set, Valve Cover Gasket, Exhaust Manifold Gasket, Broken Bolts in Head(Exhaust Leak), Headlights, Fog Lights, Turn Signal lenses, Headlight Switch, A/C Control Panel, Window Regulator, Gas Cap, CV Axle and A 50 Series Flowmaster 3" Tuck Tailpipe.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
yeah, thats a good deal,,, then you have to put a trans, do the knock sensors, headlight switch, temp controll.. cats..tires wheels..

trust me, I looked... everyone needs money:(:(:(

Putting $5K into a $5K car does not make it worth $10K. :)

The mileage is simply killing the value. I am sure it is a nice rig.

Oh and you forgot about replacing the lifters. If they have not been done, one is probably about to go :)

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Putting $5K into a $5K car does not make it worth $10K. :)

The mileage is simply killing the value. I am sure it is a nice rig.

Oh and you forgot about replacing the lifters. If they have not been done, one is probably about to go :)

thats not what I said, what I'm saying is,... even though you can buy one for 5 k,,, you need to put 5k in it to get it road worthy...

yes hard to sell when the ones that need everything are cheeper...

I don't do flipper repairs... like just putting pads on the brake thats bad... I did all new rotors... things like doing the knock sensors... or the climate controlls and head light switch... or changing out the window motor cause it runs slow...flippers leave all that for you fix..i changed out the fuel filter and pump cause the gauge was jumpy.... could have just left it so when I was on the way to havasu... or pulling the boat home the pump goes out...I put a GM gas cap soon as I seen the auto zone one..I put plugs and wires.... just cause they looked old...and who else would change out valve cover gaskets??? now add brand new wheels and tires:eek:eek:eek

yep,... she gonna be a nice little boat hauler:thumbsup:thumbsup;)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
thats not what I siad, what I'm saying is,... eventhough you can buy one for 5 k,,, you need to put 5k in it to get it road worthy...

yes hard to sell when they one that need everything are cheeper...

I don't do flipper repairs... like just putting pads on the brake thats bad... I did all new rotors... things like doing the knock sensors... or the climate controlls and head light switch... or changing out the window motor cause it runs slow...flippers leave all that for you fix..i changed out the fuel filter and pump cause the gauge was jumpy.... could have just left it so when I was on the way to havasu... or pulling the boat home the pump goes out...I put a GM gas cap soon as I seen the auto zone one..I put plugs and wires.... just cause they looked old...and who else would change out valve cover gaskets??? now add brand new wheels and tires:eek:eek:eek

yep,... she gonna be a nice little boat hauler:thumbsup:thumbsup;)

This is a hobby for you, not a business. You don't really get your money back out on a flip when you go the extra mile to make it perfect, I'm sure you already know that. It is going to be a nice ride!