WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Toxic Masculinity under attack ;)

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Interesting reading these past few days , What I glean from this is if you are a "Tim the tool man" stereo type who thrives on Beer, Red meat, guns, cool boats , hot rods, contact sports ( fill in the blank) your fast becoming an unpopular "sub culture" hmmmmm wonder how many here might be considered a "toxic" male

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemonic_masculinity#Toxic_masculinity

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well, they say it's a hierarchy within prisons..........................we call ourselves inmates.
Bullying feminine appearing or acting individuals...................@GRADS
Competitive or confident in the ability to win........................Well, we don't want to ever lose!

Constellation or group of males believing the above...............Welcome to RDP!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
FAD0246E-CFDE-4DFF-A741-FDC915ED633E.jpeg
7F942531-A82E-4F61-ADF1-2191BE63FED6.jpeg

The left wants men to aspire to be like the late Wally Cox and Joe Flynn - not really manly men.

I don’t think so.

500bbc

Reaction score

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Interesting reading these past few days , What I glean from this is if you are a "Tim the tool man" stereo type who thrives on Beer, Red meat, guns, cool boats , hot rods, contact sports ( fill in the blank) your fast becoming an unpopular "sub culture" hmmmmm wonder how many here might be considered a "toxic" male

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemonic_masculinity#Toxic_masculinity
That's not really what the commercial was saying but I don't expect most on here to get that.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Remember the family guy where peter played football for the patriots . Something happened between him and the little bitch quarter back . Then they sent him to play with the British team. THE SILLY NANNYS. That's what it's coming to. There is a u tube video somewhere.

GRADS

Reaction score
Men don't need to be a bully or sexually harass women to be a "real man". You can still like football, drive cool cars....etc.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Men don't need to be a bully or sexually harass women to be a "real man". You can still like football, drive cool cars....etc.
I don't bully much anymore...not running jobs on sites anymore. I can tell you this though, never had a Justin Bieber or Danny Kaye as a foreman...still don't think it would work even these days.
As for harassing women, I've been married almost 20yrs, but things from those days may be considered harassment now!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

It's not really like you to try and talk sense into people...

You must be getting old, just like the rest of us!

:D

Bear Down

Reaction score
On Fox news there was a great discussion on this and Men... Apparently there was an unfounded study (by some Psychology group) that generalized high testosterone as to being the root cause of issues/problems amongst men in society..very general. There was this lady debating that statistic, stating that men have an inherent will to be Courageous, brave, risk takers, providers, which has led the progression of societies in every culture, since the beginning of time to explore, fight, conquer, protect. It was a great retort to the article by the group..

4Waters

Reaction score
In the article they say that winning, being number 1 is toxic. So our soldiers that fought for our freedom since the revolutionary war are toxic because we have been number 1 for 242 years, every sports team from peewee to professional should win the championship (participation trophies) every year so everyone can be number 1. There will always be a winner and a looser and that is not toxic that's called bragging rights. What the (for lack of a better term) nerds don't understand is they are an integral part of being number 1. Sitting in front of a computer screen dissecting intelligence and relaying that to our troops is just as masculine (in different ways) as the soldiers are in the field. Those same people run stats in sports to help those teams with championships, they have lost sight of that, they think that to be masculine you need to he able to shoot an 8" group at 700yrds or hit a baseball 400', it's not, being masculine is being proud of your accomplishments and what you can do/bring to the game even if it's sitting in front of a screen. They are failing themselves. Don't forget nerds have wrote software programs that have allowed the car manufacturers to get 700+ horsepower out of smog legal street cars, 10yrs ago 500+ street horsepower was reserved for smog exempt cars.

So I would like to take a moment to thank the masculine people behind the scenes that make all these great things happen for the other masculine people.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The problem is all too often "toxic masculinity" is conflated with simply being a man. This ad absolutely equates bad behavior with being male in several parts.

Cdog

Reaction score
I guess there's always "that guy" who's an asshole who this is attempting to get through to. But to alienate 50% of your customer base to get to/impress the other half doesn't seem like a sound business plan.

I use an electric Braun shaver anyway.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
9oh31iyxwla21.gif

On a side note, i can never understand why companies like these that sell rather benign products all of a sudden have to waste money virtue signalling and lecturing their customers on morality. You're in the damn razor business, not social justice advocacy.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
So how do you form the idea about the bully and sexual harassment of women part? Sounds like you're stereotyping over your own fears and inner lack of respect.

Think back to the times you've insulted members wives with your broad brush comments on physical features. Think back on how you've thrown fits and relentlessly posted on subject matter others were enjoying just because you didn't like things that weren't what you wanted.

Being a bully and a sexual harasser more often than not are done by childish insecure "all about me" types than those who do physical wrongs.

I'm a rather large physically stronger individual than most and have spent my life standing up to bullies that picked on others. Not just physical, but most often mentally with their physical part used threateningly. I've defended ladies who were in tight spots and had personal conversations with some who had been put down by "romeo" types who didn't get their way.

I've also gone around with wimps and self centered little bitches that tried to get others into trouble over their being rejected. Rejected not because they were unathletic or not "hot' enough, rejected because they were petty and irritating. Incapable of simple understanding and kindness.

You won't understand the message because you don't see your self for what you are and how you project to others. I doubt you will "get it", because you have failed to "get it" as long as you've been on all the forums.

Last edited:

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Never been a bully never considered a "wolf whistle or polite comment to a pretty girl harrasment and most Men I know tend to lean toward the "Chris Kyle " side vs "Richard Simmons", This current movment would have all men turn into eunuchs and get in touch thier feminine side , its part of the "pussyfication" of Men movement. Cool and tough are out , wusses are in,

2Driver

Reaction score
Said it before, watch The Red Pill. Explains a lot of what’s going on. You can rent it from YouTube or amazon.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 719346

On a side note, i can never understand why companies like these that sell rather benign products all of a sudden have to waste money virtue signalling and lecturing their customers on morality. You're in the damn razor business, not social justice advocacy.

Same deal with Nike and their bs...

They say any publicity is good publicity. It's all just advertising to them.

And if you want to buy into it, and get all worked up about it, well, that is exactly what they WANT to happen!

The moral of the story it, just ignore it all. We all have much better things to do than get all caught up in the latest marketing drama.

:rolleyes:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
All I know is that if I had ever acted like anything other, or less than, a masculine man, Deb would have dumped me like yesterday’s garbage.

That doesn’t mean being a bully or being a womanizer. It means being a fucking man.

I’ve never known a girl that “preffered” a limp wristed “man”...I’ve known a few that mocked their husbands for being such and cheated on them all the time.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
According to this enlightened "man" on Twitter, men and testosterone are the problem.

It's clear that women don't have enough of it (thank God) and some men don't know how to handle theirs

Dg8c5M-U8AAMvh7.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
According to this enlightened "man" on Twitter, men and testosterone are the problem.

It's clear that women don't have enough of it (thank God) and some men don't know how to handle theirs

Dg8c5M-U8AAMvh7.jpg
What has always struck me odd, government statistics show that per capita, there is a higher instance of domestic violence (including homicide) amongst the LGBT population as opposed to the heterosexual population. There is also an increased suicide rate amongst those that have undergone "gender reassignment".

As for the masculinity issue. I have become who I am by how my father and my mother raised me. It is not just how I went through the labor pool or school, nor my choice of friends. All those choices I made were, in part, shaped by my family life. Children who grew up in a household that was devoid a father or masculine figure, are more apt to lean more towards this feminine side. Notice, I said more apt, not a definitive. I know, and am related to, some people that are not these types, and are from these households. Single parent households are primarily those with a mother. Teaching is done roughly by 70% females. That is a large group being influenced almost entirely by females. This is a downward slide that his been coming for a long time. In the late 80s, when I was in elementary or middle school, It was fairly rare for a friend to have a step parent, or a single parent. Now, it is more the norm than an oddity. Stability is not the same as it once was. The implied toxicity of masculinity may be due to a lack of masculinity. As we know here, the (other) inmates are running the asylum.

GRADS

Reaction score
Ironically, this is turning out to be the gayest thread on RDP...a bunch of dudes stroking each other saying how manly they are.:eek::D

riverroyal

Reaction score
My 2 sons who are now adults are less 'toxic' than i am. I use bad words. Make fun of people. Flip people off, have very little is any filter. Ive broken prob 20 bones. Worked since i was 14 on and on.

They have great men traits and are 'men'. Its not like it used to be kids are being raised differently in school and the work place. The so called pussification cant be avoided. If todays young men dont follow the trend they will be the odd one moving forward.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Ironically, this is turning out to be the gayest thread on RDP...a bunch of dudes stroking each other saying how manly they are.:eek::D

As long as there are insecure "men" like you who act the way you do there will always be more "manly men" who you will dislike and be afraid of