WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Toy hauler extensions inquiry

Maestro

Reaction score
Looking into the toy hauler extension. 18-24" on a 24' keystone energy. Has anyone done it? Any feedback would be appreciated.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Bad idea. RV axles are placed in specific areas to balance load. With a trailer as short as yours you will have way to much weight behind the axles. Your trailer will sway for sure.

Also a guy crashed his SUV and small Toyhauler at the top of the Cajon pass a few years ago. His kid died in the accident.

Guess what. He had an extension on his 23’-25’ toy hauler.

Those extension are not cheap. Why not sell your trailer at the top of the market like it is now. And take the money you would spend on the extension and buy a bigger trailer.

It would be a different story if you had a huge fifth wheel that could offset the weight.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Not to mention the extension weight should be subtracted from your CCC.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Bad idea. RV axles are placed in specific areas to balance load. With a trailer as short as yours you will have way to much weight behind the axles. Your trailer will sway for sure.

Also a guy crashed his SUV and small Toyhauler at the top of the Cajon pass a few years ago. His kid died in the accident.

Guess what. He had an extension on his 23’-25’ toy hauler.

Those extension are not cheap. Why not sell your trailer at the top of the market like it is now. And take the money you would spend on the extension and buy a bigger trailer.

It would be a different story if you had a huge fifth wheel that could offset the weight.
To be fair depending on how its loaded it could not make a difference . I back in and my front bumper rubs the back door. 24 inches to clear a bumper would not make my setup a death trap .

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Don't know where your located or what area your looking for but Britton's Auto Truck & Rv in Lake Havasu does it.
928-505-3535

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I never knew this was even in existence. I agree....sell at top and buy a bigger one.

Maestro

Reaction score
I figure it was a bad idea. The extension is around 300 pounds. But I was concerned about the balance on a small trailer. Weight wise I'm good. I guess it's time to sell and go bigger. If not oh well my 4seater actually fits just a bit tight. At the cabinet.

Attachments

• IMG_20210912_100430455.jpg
    IMG_20210912_100430455.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 49