WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Toy Hauler Motorcycle Tie down ....Lets see what you got

ATKpilot

Reaction score
I am looking for a good motorcycle tie down system for my toy hauler. I would appreciate any pictures/products/advice you have. I am looking at the Boltiton https://www.boltiton.com/ system (pretty expensive but if it works so be it). Some of the roads we travel with the toy hauler will be rutted out and some rough stuff so it needs to be really stable

Last edited:

ATKpilot

Reaction score
I use this. Been all over the country with not one problem. I have owned three in trailers for my Harleys. Awesome product.

That's the one I decided on for my Harley for sure👍. I have been reading your travel log and didn't know that is the one you use. I think it was really well made and simple to use which to me makes a great product.

I am looking for Dirt bike mounts right now to strap up three full size dirt bikes .

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
That's the one I decided on for my Harley for sure👍. I have been reading your travel log and didn't know that is the one you use. I think it was really well made and simple to use which to me makes a great product.

I am looking for Dirt bike mounts right now to strap up three full size dirt bikes .

I hate using straps in the hauler......

Lots of options but I don't know the dirt bike choices. Flexibility, sturdiness and no straps is what is most important for me.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
I hate using straps in the hauler......

Lots of options but I don't know the dirt bike choices. Flexibility, sturdiness and no straps is what is most important for me.

Exactly

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I had one of those steel hard mount deals. It was a trade off against straps. Get to my destination and take the thing out and store it. Then when leaving install it again. One time I lost some of the hardware out in the sand and had to half ass install it to get home. I've gone back to e track and straps. Two straps on the handlebars and one strap on the peg to hold the bike back. Just have to take it easy on rough roads which you should anyway for sake of the toy hauler.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think in all the years of tieing down dirt bikes in the back on a toyhauler, we (myself and all of my immediate family) have only ever had 2 or 3 fall over and even then, didnt cause any damage. Always used cam lock tie downs on the bars. If it was only 2 or 3 bikes, a ratchet strap through the rear wheel to 2 tie downs and 2 cam locks off the bars, they were rock solid. Tie off the tails of the tie downs nice and tight so if they do come lose, they just pull on the tie. Again, never truly had any issue this way in the 20+ years of transporting dirt bikes in a toyhauler.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
I think in all the years of tieing down dirt bikes in the back on a toyhauler, we (myself and all of my immediate family) have only ever had 2 or 3 fall over and even then, didnt cause any damage. Always used cam lock tie downs on the bars. If it was only 2 or 3 bikes, a ratchet strap through the rear wheel to 2 tie downs and 2 cam locks off the bars, they were rock solid. Tie off the tails of the tie downs nice and tight so if they do come lose, they just pull on the tie. Again, never truly had any issue this way in the 20+ years of transporting dirt bikes in a toyhauler.

Sounds good thanks