WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Toy Hauler shopping.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Anyone own a Stryker?
We like the 2613 but wonder about build Quality and how warranty repairs are handled.

It looks like solar and inverters are not standard?

We also Really like the Fuel 265 but it is a Camping World exclusive model. I really don’t want to deal with those cocksuckers. But dam that’s a nice trailer.

Wife wants the Momentum 25G but wholly shit 67k for a small bumper pull? Anyone have a hook up that I can get it down to low 50’s OTD?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Anyone own a Stryker?
We like the 2613 but wonder about build Quality and how warranty repairs are handled.

We also Really like the Fuel 265 but it is a Camping World exclusive model. I really don’t want to deal with those cocksuckers. But dam that’s a nice trailer.

Wife wants the Momentum 25G but wholly shit 67k for a small bumper pull? Anyone have a hook up that I can get it down to low 50’s OTD?

I say go with the Momentum :) I have the 351M 5th wheel and love it

beerrun

Reaction score
We just ordered the attitude 32gsg from Coyne motorsports in el centro

beerrun

Reaction score
Its a 37' tow behind so a bit big for most people

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Look in the Midwest for deals on trailers/5th wheels. Huge price difference than CA.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Back in December I purchased a 2010 carson titan 24' for $12k. Was in great condition, garage stored, just some rock rash on the front.

Replaced all plumbing fixtures, dressed up the cabinets, predator Jenny, going to install solid surface tops and replace the wheels. Probably less than $5 into it making it nice. Plus it fits my 4 seat canam and I can tow with my f150.

I just couldn't bring myself to spend $45k + on a new one. And towing with my f150 🤫 The new ones are heavy.

beerrun

Reaction score
I still wanted to have the bed of my truck open its a triple axle I think it will be fine

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I still wanted to have the bed of my truck open its a triple axle I think it will be fine

i get the bed thing. But why could you not use the room the trailer. The only thing I can think of is firewood would suck in side trailer.

I would hate to maneuver that thing around a town and gas pump, it would also be a bitch in any type of wind.

congrats on the trailer, just wanted to know the reason that I was missing besides wanting the truck bed.

beerrun

Reaction score
I have driven a truck for 33yrs some as long as 102ft it will be fine and that's why I said earlier that this trailer isn't for everyone

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Wow. Why such a long bumper pull vs a 5er? Just wondering why vs the other.
I just sold my Stealth. It was 37’ long. 16’ of storage plus 8’ of bed space.

Now we are looking at something smaller as our toy plans changed from 4 seat sxs plus 3 kids toys to a Jeep and kid toys.

Bigger is not better unless you need the room for toys.

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I just sold my Stealth. It was 37’ long. 16’ of storage plus 8’ of bed space.

Now we are looking at something smaller as our toy plans changed from 4 seat sxs plus 3 kids toys to a Jeep and kid toys.

Bigger is not better unless you need the room for toys.

i get the room if needed. Just 5er’s tows much much better. A 37’ bumper pull should have the same space for toys as a 37’ 5er. Maybe not. Was just trying see if I was missing something else.

Shockwave25

Reaction score
Love my Stryker 3116.. great solid trailer. Norco RV is awesome!

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Anyone own a Stryker?

I was looking at the stryker as well! The woman loved the 3212 but i was looking for a bigger garage and a half bath in the back.
Somewhere i came across dunesport in mesa arizona, i have heard their quality, service, customer service was spotty about 3 to 5 years ago but started seeing a lot of their new stuff recently on instagram and so i reached out to see what they could do. I honestly sent them the stryker 3212 and said can you add a toilet in the garage and add 2 feet and make it a 5er instead. No problem they sent me a couple drawings and said let us know what you would like to do. We put our shopping on hold for now so its been about 6 month so never got around to the cost, rough guess i could find out was 57 to 67 depending on additional options added.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I was looking at the stryker as well! The woman loved the 3212 but i was looking for a bigger garage and a half bath in the back.
Somewhere i came across dunesport in mesa arizona, i have heard their quality, service, customer service was spotty about 3 to 5 years ago but started seeing a lot of their new stuff recently on instagram and so i reached out to see what they could do. I honestly sent them the stryker 3212 and said can you add a toilet in the garage and add 2 feet and make it a 5er instead. No problem they sent me a couple drawings and said let us know what you would like to do. We put our shopping on hold for now so its been about 6 month so never got around to the cost, rough guess i could find out was 57 to 67 depending on additional options added.
I have done some builds on their website and the price quote I got ended that though. Out of their fucking mind. 50k for a very basic 28’

CLdrinker

Reaction score
i get the room if needed. Just 5er’s tows much much better. A 37’ bumper pull should have the same space for toys as a 37’ 5er. Maybe not. Was just trying see if I was missing something else.
The trailers might have the same space. But you loose the bed of your truck. I can put 2 kids quads in the bed and still have the 16’ in the trailer. You can’t do that with a fifth wheel.
The fifth wheel towing better than a bumper pull is blown way out of proportion.
Fifth wheels are way more forgiving when it comes to setup and how the trailer is loaded. They also have an advantage in wind.

I could pull my 37’ 14,000lb.Bumper pull with no sway control or load distribution hitch 70mph straight as an arrow.
With the 14k Equilizer hitch it was stable in severe wind.
So bumper pulls are fine you just have to be selective in how you load the trailer.

All that said I wouldnt want a newb in charge of a big bumper pull.

The sway you see with bumper pulls are inexperienced operators or piss poor trailer design.
look at the Genesis big bumper pull they don’t build it anymore because it was an ill balanced piece of shit with axles way to far forward.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Love my Stryker 3116.. great solid trailer. Norco RV is awesome!
They had a 2613 I wanted to go look at and it sold they day before I was going to go.
The Stryker is a front runner I just hate the black front cap and not a fan of red. Genesis 2715 is likely or second choice.
Do they have a service department?

77hallett

Reaction score
The wife and I really like the 3212 and will probably pull the trigger on it in the coming months. I would love a Raptor 354 but unfortunately my 2500 mega cab wouldn’t be able to pull it.
Simi RV is awesome.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
The wife and I really like the 3212 and will probably pull the trigger on it in the coming months. I would love a Raptor 354 but unfortunately my 2500 mega cab wouldn’t be able to pull it.
Simi RV is awesome.
That 3212 is nice. But if planning on hauling a sxs in the garage I would test tow it first. That allot of weight behind the axles.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Went to Giant yesterday.
Torque 281 $65,000
No solar or inverter

Richardson’s
Genesis 27 FS Loaded go them down to $53,000
Need to be around 45-47k before I pull the trigger.

Norco don’t have shit in stock.

Waiting on Jeff from Desert RV and Jim from Epic to get me prices.

This is not going well.

77hallett

Reaction score
Went to Giant yesterday.
Torque 281 $65,000
No solar or inverter

Richardson’s
Genesis 27 FS Loaded go them down to $53,000
Need to be around 45-47k before I pull the trigger.

Norco don’t have shit in stock.

Waiting on Jeff from Desert RV and Jim from Epic to get me prices.

This is not going well.
The torques always seemed to be overpriced for what you were getting in my opinion. Give Simi RV a call, they carry various models of the Stryker and XLR’s and always willing to work in price to get and keep business.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
The torques always seemed to be overpriced for what you were getting in my opinion. Give Simi RV a call, they carry various models of the Stryker and XLR’s and always willing to work in price to get and keep business.
Torque so far is the nicest bumper pull I have ever been in. They are light years ahead of everything I have seen.
Stryker is supposed to be very similar since they are both Hartland Brands
I have yet to see a Momentum bumper pull in person though.

XLR is Forest River. After owning 2 Forest River products I would rather get Joe Biden tattoo on my forehead than buy one of those.

77hallett

Reaction score
Torque so far is the nicest bumper pull I have ever been in. They are light years ahead of everything I have seen.

XLR is Forest River. After owning 2 Forest River products I would rather get Joe Biden tattoo on my forehead than buy one of those.
I feel you. Momentum’s are just so damn pricey. Good luck on the search either way!

Singleton

Reaction score

Momentum are nice, but they want $$.

Singleton

Reaction score
And they use a 30amp service on the dual ac 28g. Dumbest shit I ever seen.

2 - 13.5 AC’s work on 30.
My trailer was built with 30 and it powers 2 13.5 AC’s no issues. Run a adaptor and plug into the 50amp and then a 3rd AC installed (15k AC) and run that to the 30amp outlet (independently powered). Works perfect.

Had a low voltage detected by my EMS at the Islander last night and while the trailer powered down for a few minutes until voltage was restored the third AC stayed up and running.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
2 - 13.5 AC’s work on 30.
My trailer was built with 30 and it powers 2 13.5 AC’s no issues. Run a adaptor and plug into the 50amp and then a 3rd AC installed (15k AC) and run that to the 30amp outlet (independently powered). Works perfect.

Had a low voltage detected by my EMS at the Islander last night and while the trailer powered down for a few minutes until voltage was restored the third AC stayed up and running.

So you can run both ac’s the fridge and a coffee pot at the same time?

From what I’m reading it will run both ac’s that’s it. In a 60k trailer why not just put in the 50amp service and 5500 gen? Weird place to cut corners if you ask me.

Icky

Reaction score
Simi RV is awesome.
What's your mega cabs rated towing capacity?

77hallett

Reaction score
My 13 is like 17,100 that's why I was asking
Going off of the ram truck website it’s showing 15,190. The payload weight is also low in being it is at 1,990.

Icky

Reaction score
Going off of the ram truck website it’s showing 15,190. The payload weight is also low in being it is at 1,990.
I was looking at a new one and they lowered everything, so I was going to jump up to a 3500, which maxed me out at 23 in a mega cab

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Buddy has a torque and has nothing but problems with it. Several tire issues. Fridge and water heater issues. And ramp door leaks when it rains. They wouldn’t warranty any of it

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Buddy has a torque and has nothing but problems with it. Several tire issues. Fridge and water heater issues. And ramp door leaks when it rains. They wouldn’t warranty any of it
What year?

81Sprint

Reaction score
Check BestRV in Turlock. I bought my Keystone from them and no one could touch their price for my model. Very easy process, had it delivered to my door in 3 days. I dealt directly with the owner all by phone, his name is Neal

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Check BestRV in Turlock. I bought my Keystone from them and no one could touch their price for my model. Very easy process, had it delivered to my door in 3 days. I dealt directly with the owner all by phone, his name is Neal
I have heard that place is the very worst after the sale.
Have you needed any warranty work?How does that go and do you take it there for the work?

81Sprint

Reaction score
Well, being that they are in NorCal and I'm in Vegas, I won't need them for warranty work. Camping world is 10 minutes from my house and they are a Keystone dealer if i need some warranty work done. Nothing yet so far though.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well, being that they are in NorCal and I'm in Vegas, I won't need them for warranty work. Camping world is 10 minutes from my house and they are a Keystone dealer if i need some warranty work done. Nothing yet so far though.
Well be warned just because someone is a dealer for a product does not mean they will service it.
Most dealers will only touch stuff they sold.
I found this out the hard way, it’s very common.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Nice layout, shower isn't ideal. If your watching TV wouldn't you have to run the Generator anyway?

81Sprint

Reaction score
Well be warned just because someone is a dealer for a product does not mean they will service it.
Most dealers will only touch stuff they sold.
I found this out the hard way, it’s very common.
Possibly, but a buddy of mine is the GM, so i'm not to worried about it. I would have bought it from him but he couldn't get the layout i wanted in my timeframe

glamis0812

Reaction score
The trailers might have the same space. But you loose the bed of your truck. I can put 2 kids quads in the bed and still have the 16’ in the trailer. You can’t do that with a fifth wheel.
The fifth wheel towing better than a bumper pull is blown way out of proportion.
Fifth wheels are way more forgiving when it comes to setup and how the trailer is loaded. They also have an advantage in wind.

I could pull my 37’ 14,000lb.Bumper pull with no sway control or load distribution hitch 70mph straight as an arrow.
With the 14k Equilizer hitch it was stable in severe wind.
So bumper pulls are fine you just have to be selective in how you load the trailer.

All that said I wouldnt want a newb in charge of a big bumper pull.

The sway you see with bumper pulls are inexperienced operators or piss poor trailer design.
look at the Genesis big bumper pull they don’t build it anymore because it was an ill balanced piece of shit with axles way to far forward.

I used to think just like you about fifth wheels until I bought a 48’ Weekend Warrior and was blown away how easy it was when it came to towing. There’s definitely no comparison in weather. I’ve owned some long tag trailers one being 40ft and never had issues because I’ve always had a big truck. If it fits your budget check out some fifth wheels.