WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Toyhauler modifications attitude 32gsg

braindead

Reaction score
Is there really a danger of explosion when mounting an air compressor adjacent to propane tanks? I had planned to do that with mine
Just speculating, but a leaky propane tank with the spark from the compressor turning on would make it a bad time?

yz450mm

Reaction score
Is there really a danger of explosion when mounting an air compressor adjacent to propane tanks? I had planned to do that with mine
No.

Every fifth wheel toy hauler has it's propane tanks mounted within feet of the built-in gas powered generator, so that warning label is pure government bullshit.

Propane tanks do not just explode, unless they get to the point of a BLEVE (extreme heat). Way before that, they have a blow off valve that will vent to try to keep them from exploding.

If you are worried about static electricity while using air compressors or your built-in 12 volt fuel station pump, it's a good idea to throw down a quick ground rod and chassis ground. Some older toy haulers came with that clamp, but I haven't seen it in any of the newer ones.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Just speculating, but a leaky propane tank with the spark from the compressor turning on would make it a bad time?
Propane is heavier than air, which is why the tanks on a tag trailer are on the tongue, and the tanks on a fifth wheel have open bottom bays. Once that propane falls out of the tank and starts to dissapate, there is almost zero chance of explosion.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
No.

Every fifth wheel toy hauler has it's propane tanks mounted within feet of the built-in gas powered generator, so that warning label is pure government bullshit.
That was my thought also. There’s a much higher chance of spark coming from a 5500w Gasoline powered generator that a 115v air compressor 🤦‍♂️

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Where did you source the fuel shutoff?

Great thread, have my ladder/ broom mounts in hand. Did you anchor them to the frame supports or just through the interior walls?

Aircraft Spruce has them all.

Dunerking

Reaction score
Some great tips/ideas for TH! Thanks and keep them coming!

propcheck

Reaction score
Love the upgrades👍🏻 I always like the Rv mod videos on YouTube.