WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tracking device?

bocco

Reaction score
The stolen HTM thread got me thinking. Who has a tracking device in their boat or cars?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
OnStar in our cars [emoji106]

Thought about getting one for my dump trailer, but reviews are all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Singleton

Reaction score
Have never seen consistent positive reviews for anything trailer related.
best security I got for the ToyHauler is removing the coupler when in storage

floatn turd

Reaction score
I have Spot Trace and so far it has been 100%. DOG SHIT!

I am still fighting with them regarding the problems.
But I am not happy at all!

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I have been using/testing Trak 4 on some of the vehicles , so far so good. I set up a Geo reference zone and it will alert once you leave the zone. Going on 3 months on a single charge and battery show at 75%. It is a subscription service and you pick the frequency of the position updates.

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
I have Spot Trace and so far it has been 100%. DOG SHIT!

I am still fighting with them regarding the problems.
But I am not happy at all!

Had a spot trace for years, wasn’t able to track at will and the yearly rate was over $200 canceled that and got a viper powersport gps, $100 a year and i can track whenever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

floatn turd

Reaction score
Had a spot trace for years, wasn’t able to track at will and the yearly rate was over $200 canceled that and got a viper powersport gps, $100 a year and i can track whenever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, this POS has not done one thing it claimed it could do since I turned it on.
Called customer service countless times.
And had to fight with them to get my money back when they doubled billed me for the service plan.

I will look into the Viper.

But I say to anyone shopping for a GPS.......

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM SPOT TRACE!

rcmike

Reaction score
I use Geosky Alert on my Skyline, and on the race trailer. It texts the minute the vehicle moves and lets me know its rolling. It will also let me know if the battery on the vehicle goes low, and on the trailer I get texts if people go in the various doors. If I am the one moving them, I ignore the texts. When I get the low battery alert on the Skyline, I call my girlfriend and ask her to check that the garage is still locked..

Honestly love the service. Real time tracking, history tracking, and so far, like 4 years, it just works.

toyaddiction

Reaction score
I have Trak 4 GPS on all my personal vehicles, boats, trailers, RZR, motorcycles, race car and classic cars.

Verizon Network Fleet on my company trucks.

boatpi

Reaction score
Cal Amp Sureguard Dashboard on everything I have. uses Google maps.

franky

Reaction score
I just have insurance. I buy stated value and over insure. That way if I lose something I don't give a shit. Write me the check with no haggling and I will move on because I get more than the vehicle was worth for my troubles.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I have installed a few Viper's and they are pretty legit. They included the first year of service when they launched the new powersports unit I'm not sure if that's still the case but it's a simple good system.