WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tractor gear heads around here?

Wbinder

Reaction score
Grandpa gave us this tractor that has sat for maybe 20 years or more. I’ve recently started workin on getting it going and my current issue is getting the three point hitch to move up and down. I’ve replaced the transmission oil although it’s still milky from water leaking in from sitting over the years. I do see fluid moving from the lines from the pump near the oil filter and back to the gear box area which tell me fluid is circulating? I’ve tried adding weight to the hitch and moving it up and down with no luck. The lever doesn’t seem to move much which makes me think the problem may be there with something locked up internally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Not familiar with that model, but pretty much every tractor has "float" and limit settings. These will hold the 3pt at a certain height, or keep the the control handle from being moved accidently. Since the handle moves, I'd think that nothing is stuck, more something not engaging completely. Neat little tractor, it will find lots of uses.

Wbinder

Reaction score
Not familiar with that model, but pretty much every tractor has "float" and limit settings. These will hold the 3pt at a certain height, or keep the the control handle from being moved accidently. Since the handle moves, I'd think that nothing is stuck, more something not engaging completely. Neat little tractor, it will find lots of uses.

I assume that float and limiting dial is that round knob under the seat, I’ve turned it clockwise and counterclockwise and nothing happens with the three point still. Can’t wait to get this thing workin right

Wbinder

Reaction score

IMG_8717.jpg

IMG_8718.jpg

IMG_8719.jpg

buck35

Reaction score
Does the pto function ? Try raising with it turning just for giggles and shits.

Wbinder

Reaction score
Does the pto function ? Try raising with it turning just for giggles and shits.

Pto does function, I’ve tried raising it in every pto postion. The pto lever has about four positions not sure what each one does yet haha

infield

Reaction score
Well that is interesting. The 3 point control lever should have a long range of movement. Meaning that it would allow the arms to remain in an unlimited range of heights. I never saw one that had less than 6 inches of motion (meaning the lever) usually they have a stop that can be set for the lever to rest against to allow the return of the arms to a setting.

infield

Reaction score
Asking about the PTO was a good question. Does it have a live power shaft?

infield

Reaction score
A live power shaft means it turns (when engaged) no matter what if the clutch pedal is up or down.

buck35

Reaction score
A live power shaft means it turns (when engaged) no matter what if the clutch pedal is up or down.
I had an oold ford tractor that would continue forward until the mower blades stopped. o_O :eek: damn thing nearly got me kilt!

infield

Reaction score
I had an oold ford tractor that would continue forward until the mower blades stopped. o_O :eek: damn thing nearly got me kilt!
Those things were the worst product ever manufactured. The main reason no one in this family will own anything made by
Ford to this day. The mower had to have an over running clutch on it.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We looked at 15-20 used tractors , I just don’t have time to work on anything, and I have all the tools to do it , so we went new , our kabota starts every time does it’s job easy to use and goes back in the barn ( 2 years old 40 hours on it ) I call kabota when it needs service they come and get it and bring it back when done .

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
The valves could be frozen

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wbinder

Reaction score
Sometimes things do work out, it randomly decided to start workin today. Must have just needed some new oil to penetrate that system

buck35

Reaction score
Run it some and dump the fluids again and change filter on hydraulics. Congrats.👍

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
If the oil was milky due to water intrusion the relief valve was and may still be stuck and not building full pressure.

rrrr

Reaction score
Sometimes things do work out, it randomly decided to start workin today. Must have just needed some new oil to penetrate that system

That's Ron's Rule of Repair in action. If I'm working on something that's broken or inoperative and it starts working correctly without me doing anything to fix it, I can still take credit for the repair.

😁

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
If the oil was milky due to water intrusion the relief valve was and may still be stuck and not building full pressure.
This. Having sat for an extended period of time and having water in it. Play with it a while but don' be surprised if you need to open the case.

Wbinder

Reaction score
Since we’re on the tractor subject in here our new one was delivered today, can’t wait to get started in some stuff

IMG_8750.jpg

Wbinder

Reaction score
Our small Mitsubishi is gunna be used as our lawnmower mainly