WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Traeger Turkey's for Thanksgiving and Prime Rib for Christmas

Groper

Reaction score
Thanksgiving Turkey's (2) 14lb. pulled @160deg. with a HB Ham on the side and Christmas day Prime Rib 7rib @10lbs Grass/Ass fed Beef from Iowa pulled @118deg. all on the Traeger @225deg.

Both smokes were 4-1/2 to 5hrs

Turkey's were Dry Brined for 72hrs salt, pepper, thyme & sage
Prime Rib set on counter for 2hrs then rubbed with olive oil salt n pepper

Low 'n Slooooow

Please notice that the prime rib at the edge is pink and not grey or well='s low n slow too many people overcook everything they touch LOL take you sweet ass time. ;)

20201126_172456.jpg
20201225_143259.jpg
20201225_180801.jpg

Last edited:

probablecause

Reaction score
I am going to do a prime rib on New Year's Eve. Bone in and have the butcher French it. BTW love the glob of pure radish. Do you have the potato recipe?

DLC

Reaction score
The prime looks fantastic!

how long did you let it rest after you pulled it off the Treager

I am doing one this week

Groper

Reaction score
I want the whole damn recipe!!!
LOL well

Ok then 😁
You all need one of these >Weston Mandoline Vegetable Slicer-01-0006 - The Home Depot

Potatoes Au Gratin (amazing 😋)

Prep everything first before you slice the potatoes.
Grate your own Parmesan cheese don't be a cheap ass, use the good stuff from the deli section lol not the dry on the shelf stuff.
I used 5lbs of potatoes or doubled the recipe using (2) 5oz. packages of Parmesan instead of a cup or (2) cups of 4oz. as shown and added more Black Pepper.
Slice the potatoes @3/16 in. julienne and slice them LAST so they don't oxidize.
When baking you always want to use the best ingredients you have available we had some killer French Butter laying around and used it, it does make a difference.
IMO it's always a good idea to use unsalted Butter never use salted butter in anything you can always add salt later for taste.

Fresh Green Beans

Prep Rinsed dried and trimmed green beans set aside you're going to cook these at the very last.
Med to Hot skillet with olive oil adding the Beans and quickly sautéing with Salt & Pepper from a grinder (again good Salt & Pepper) for just about 5 minuets cover for 5 and serve.

I use Atomic Horseradish you can find it just about anywhere I think it's the best jarred horseradish you can by. I'll be making my own soon.

The prime looks fantastic!

how long did you let it rest after you pulled it off the Treager

I am doing one this week

Thanks,
I brought in from the Traeger and it might of sat on the cutting board no longer than 10min, because the inside temp only hit 119deg. it's relatively a cool pc of meat and imo does not need to rest much at all that's really for something that was seared at a high temp and it's used to draw in moisture/juices when cooling down.

Sorry for the recipe photo my Epson Scanner POS isn't working again 🤬
20201227_131736.jpg