35' Nordic Flame
Reaction score
I lock mine up with this...

glock21a.jpg

:fsakes

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We have found that programable combonation locks with a common number that the whole family can remember works best for us.
Kryptonite, Master ect.
A cable lock through the wheels ect.
The fewer key locks the better. And re-programable numbers are a big help.

Chico&Zeus

35' Nordic Flame
Reaction score
Having him there to watch over the boat is the best protection;)

12869Sawyer.jpg

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
LOCKS!...

I dont use no stinking locks :cool:

Its insured :D

So if any low life wants to steal my boat, I say have at it. I'll still be pissed but they wont get very far, thanks to the conditions the tires are in. And the breaks are purely cosmetic, so stopping quickly is out of the question.

The irony is that if my boat did get stolen and the would be thief got into an accident we probably end up getting sued by the thief for having a non-safe highway trailer! :swear

wishiknew

Reaction score
LOCKS!...

I dont use no stinking locks :cool:

Its insured :D

So if any low life wants to steal my boat, I say have at it. I'll still be pissed but they wont get very far, thanks to the conditions the tires are in. And the breaks are purely cosmetic, so stopping quickly is out of the question.

The irony is that if my boat did get stolen and the would be thief got into an accident we probably end up getting sued by the thief for having a non-safe highway trailer! :swear

Whats bad is they would get a out of court judgement!!!!!

sleekcraft80

Reaction score
These are the ones we use:

DT25013%20Coupler%20Lock.jpg

VAL75740-lg.jpg

I have a hitch lock similiar to the pic on the bottom. I kept it in the back of my truck attached to the hitch when it was not in use. The inner lock actually vibrated completely out of the pin. I didn't find all of the pieces. I am going to send an email to the manufacturer with pics and see if I can get another one. Can you imagine if I was pulling my boat and that happened?

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I just bought an adjustable ball mount that's self locking made by diversi-tech. That keeps my ball mount all locked up. On the trailer I have a Masterlock tongue lock.

Adjustable%20Page%20copy.jpg

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
These are good if no one has a cordless grinder

If someone wants your stuff bad enough, there isn't a lock made that will stop them.

But any obvious stumbling block will make most thieves move on to an easier target.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
If someone wants your stuff bad enough, there isn't a lock made that will stop them.

But any obvious stumbling block will make most thieves move on to an easier target.

I run with the theory that the jack ass will move along to the next easier target.

Grinders make noise and sparks. Storage yards is where these are used where no one is around. Do this out front of my house and there is going to be problems.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
At glamis/dumont we furthur put our vehicles in a manner that makes it even harder for the thierf to work.

Though the Sheriff told us they figure over half the thefts are insurance jobs (people that can't sell, or have to make expensive repairs to their stuff), "you can't pay too much for a lock, and a little planning to block access to your stuff helps too."

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
This is the one I use. I wasnt sure if it was a good one or not.

178542_lg.jpg

sorry dog

Reaction score
I run with the theory that the jack ass will move along to the next easier target.

Grinders make noise and sparks. Storage yards is where these are used where no one is around. Do this out front of my house and there is going to be problems.

If I was going to cut of these off, then I'd use a portable band saw...makes the same amount noise as a cordless drill (or less at low speed) and no sparks.

My theory is to own stuff that looks like junk and nobody touches it.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
If I was going to cut of these off, then I'd use a portable band saw...makes the same amount noise as a cordless drill (or less at low speed) and no sparks.

My theory is to own stuff that looks like junk and nobody touches it.

Portable band saw...sure. That is much quieter. Good point. I'm with you anyway. My Lavey is 15 years old and looks real good from 20' away. I lock on the ball mount because I dont wan't to loose the mount. The boat on the other hand gets no lock...:D

That looks very nice. Was looking at one of these myself.

Non%20Adjustable%20Page%20copy.jpg

I like this. Besides drilling the lock you cant cut this one off. Nice choice RR.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I'm just worried that the pins on the side arent long enough.

Portable band saw...sure. That is much quieter. Good point. I'm with you anyway. My Lavey is 15 years old and looks real good from 20' away. I lock on the ball mount because I dont wan't to loose the mount. The boat on the other hand gets no lock...:D

I like this. Besides drilling the lock you cant cut this one off. Nice choice RR.

Checked their website and doesnt look like they have a class IV.

I like this one as well...Noticed it says Class V.....do they make one for a Class IV??