WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trailer Brake Questions.

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
So I picked up some new wheels and tires. Went to spin one of the hubs and it doesn't sound good at all. So im thinking of changing over to disk brakes. This is a 82 Ellis trailer. PO unhooked the brakes years ago for some reason. Just wondering if the disk brakes are worth the cost or should I stick with drums? Trailer will never ever see salt water.
getPart.jpeg
getPart.jpeg

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
So I picked up some new wheels and tires. Went to spin one of the hubs and it doesn't sound good at all. So im thinking of changing over to disk brakes. This is a 82 Ellis trailer. PO unhooked the brakes years ago for some reason. Just wondering if the disk brakes are worth the cost or should I stick with drums? Trailer will never ever see salt water. View attachment 778238 View attachment 778238
I like my disk brakes

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Disk kick ass. I can't back up a single axle disk set up set up correctly with my CAT forklift unless I plug it In. Get the kit with the rotors, calipers bearings and shit. Prices keep going up, UFP keeps on fuckin. Easy conversion if you have a UFP coupler. If you do, switch out the inner unit with a disc brake equipped unit( you will need the unit that has reverse lock out) this will ad the extra 5th blue line . Otherwise you won't be able to back up. Drums suck donky cock even two axle . I can back that shit up no problem cause they suck! Single axle disc trump that two axle drum shit all day er day!

Dansblown73Nordic

Reaction score
Ok so Etrailer has a kit for $259 but it comes with either disks that slip on the hubs or a kit that the hub is made in the rotor. Im thinking the slip on is a better deal. I do know about the reverse lock out. Next is going to be where to get a master cylinder. I will post a picture of the coupler.