WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trailer Brakes Help

JD D05

Reaction score
I have a triple axle trailer with electric over hydraulic brake on all 6. I started having trouble 2 years ago when I drove to Havasu hooked on and left. Somehow from Havasu to Vegas all the fluid drained out and I lost a hub etc. Offshore got it fixed up and off I went. So just recently I had all the bearing replaced (Vault) etc, pads all looked good, and the pump and all the lines were bled.

So this weekend I tow down to Powell and the brakes are about 30% there, and I tried to hit just the trailer brake and it does not respond at all.

Before I start throwing parts at it...first idea is the pump, does anyone have any ideas? You can hear the pump running etc.

Last edited:

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Surprised I didn't know they made hydraulic over electric, seems to defeat the purpose.

JD D05

Reaction score
Surprised I didn't know they made hydraulic over electric, seems to defeat the purpose.

I meant electric over hydraulic brake...Fixed. Long weekend I locked my selfout out of my own office already today.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Haha, where did you launch out of? We were in Wahweap on the houseboat Fri-Monday.

JD D05

Reaction score
Haha, where did you launch out of? We were in Wahweap on the houseboat Fri-Monday.

Halls Crossing actually, could not get a room at BF. I was down by marker 51 most the weekend.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Nice. Yeah my brother always reminds me how much closer he is to BF vs Wahweap. We just stayed in Wahweap Bay because the castle cut is still closed. Usually go to Rainbow on Sunday but it was too windy to make that hall in his 24 Moomba so we just went to Antelope and Navajo. Left Monday morning to dodge the rain. He got rain and snow towing back to SLC. I got 10 hour drive to SoCal. Still worth it, great weekend with family and getting chores done on the HB.