WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trailer Guides

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
our Bennington has the funky poles at the rear of the trailer on the outmost sides of the logs. It kinda sucks in that it doesn’t really help line the boat up at all.

I want to go to the rails between the outer and center logs. Who in Havasu know what they are doing in this regard and won’t ask for an arm and a leg to do it?

TrojanDan

Reaction score
I was thinking of some guides for my Bennington as well. Get’s hairy when the wind is blowing. Are your guides meant more to see the edge of your trailer and not a bumper? Post a picture.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I had Shadow Trailers add those onto our trailer with the same configuration your talking about. They did a great job and it was a lot cheaper than other places quoted!

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
0A290BD1-52D0-4CCC-ADA6-52C2D4CA37F4.jpeg
This is what I saw at Adrenaline.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
A4955C8D-B7D5-444D-90A6-B98F8BC096BF.jpeg
This is what we have now. Kinda worthless as guides, but good markers.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
View attachment 763963 This is what we have now. Kinda worthless as guides, but good markers.

What are the pads called that are wrapped around them? I’ve seen them on trailers but never in a store somewhere. My PVC poles are looking ugly after a few hits. Oops. [emoji2359]

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Not sure but they are a fabric covered foam. the PVC slides up when the trailer is in the water.. When we get the inside guides, Ill give these poles to you if you still want them.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I had guides on the trailer for my Scarab. Long and skinny doesn't make for easy trailering with wind. Front V-guides settled the nose. That's what I see you guys are missing. Maybe you just need a guide upfront for the center pontoon?

Scarab-on-trailer.jpg

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I had Shadow Trailers in Havasu build and install two double sided rails between the toons today while I was boating. I ditched the rear outside poles that never really worked.

When I loaded the boat on the trailer this afternoon, it was soooo easy! It felt like I was driving a V hull that just settled into place.

Thanks Shadow Trailers!

TCHB

Reaction score
I have modified a couple toon trailers. Think about a cat trailer! You take the guides all the way back and taller. Mine are abut 2inches from the deck. Once the center toon is in the guide you are in just like a cat.

TCHB

Reaction score
I already have the 2 double sided rails between the tubes
They didn't help much either
Can you post some pics?
PM your number and I can show you a couple trailers we modified to help get the toon on the first time.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I had Shadow Trailers in Havasu build and install two double sided rails between the toons today while I was boating. I ditched the rear outside poles that never really worked.

When I loaded the boat on the trailer this afternoon, it was soooo easy! It felt like I was driving a V hull that just settled into place.

Thanks Shadow Trailers!

Have any pics?

We launched Saturday (fkn WINDY!!) boat ran amazing in the 30 foot waves (lol) but trailering, holy shit. The wind pushed my ass end over and I bent my rear trailer guide / pole thing about 5 feet from where it should be. Of course bending it back caused it to crack. I’d love to see what you got installed.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
If you're in LHC, go by Shadow Trailers. They have experience with the clearance and height needed on the logs and they are so easy to work with.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I tried the Overtons type that bolted to a single cross rail and they looked like they would hang up on the lifting strake. So I returned them.

I went with the double sided boards and told them to make these “idiot proof”. The bill was around 700. They even launched and retrieved me after taking measurements on the trailer. I had a great day boating while they worked. Lol

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I tried the Overtons type that bolted to a single cross rail and they looked like they would hang up on the lifting strake. So I returned them.

I went with the double sided boards and told them to make these “idiot proof”. The bill was around 700. They even launched and retrieved me after taking measurements on the trailer. I had a great day boating while they worked. Lol

Oh hell thats not anywhere near as bad as I expected. I’ll be calling them for sure.

Problem I would hit with the bolt on ones is that my cross members are at an angle. Great trailer, just lacking the guides. View attachment 768507

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Had my turn with Shadow Trailers. They met me at the ramp and took it to the shop, I drove over at closing time and picked it up. Got rid of the field goal posts. Couldn’t be happier with the results.

IMG_7130.jpg

IMG_7131.jpg

IMG_7132.jpg

IMG_7133.jpg

Disregard my haggard toons. Hopefully polishing them over my vacation in a couple weeks.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Wait till you use them in the wind. Effortless!

TCHB

Reaction score
I am just updating my trailer. The first modification worked really nice but now I am going taller and using 2x8s for guides from the very back of the trailer like a cat trailer. I will completing my project in the next couple of days. All I have to do is get the center toon in and it is done.

TCHB

Reaction score

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Mine will be like yours but all the way back with 2x8s.
Why so wide of boards(2x8) for guides? You're talking the ones on edge right? Our new trailer has one guide per side made out of 2x4 and on the other side of the station that it bolts to is a nylon rub gizmo for the outside toon. Ours is just like the one in post #5 but with a 2x4 guide on the inside. The one in the pic has 2 guide boards, ours has 1 and a nylon rub gizzy on the other side as I said earlier.