WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

trailer issues(didnt know where else to put this)

sloboat76

Reaction score
I recently totaled out my River boat trailer that I bought with my boat brand new. I found a bass boat trailer that the owner Had planted His boat 30 feet up the shoreline, subsequently totaling the bass boat, and I bought it because it is obviously a better trailer. I found a place to rehab the trailer and broke it down and ordered a single torsional axle so I wouldn't hang spring hangers on rocks and such when I was launching. my trailer sets up like its a mudbogger and with the axle in the right position it in turn pushed my bunk boards skward another 6 inches because my river boat has a delta pad and then V's to the gunwales so it cant set flat on the deck. Any ideas other than cutting this 300 dollar axle out and starting over? any help appreciated.

boatluver83

Reaction score
send pics so I can ask my buddy that owns a trailer place!! what happened?? how did you total your boat trailer??

sloboat76

Reaction score
We were duck hunting in central Arkansas and had to launch into a ditch. We hunted and came back to the truck and loaded everything back up and as I pulled out of the ditch the right rear hung on a rock and when I put it in 4X4 and gave it some gas the trailer jammed and by the time I realized I warped the hell out of my trailer. I drove home with my left wheels across yellow line and the trailer was a foot in the ditch

sloboat76

Reaction score
Yes boat was on the trailer but it was not strapped in because of the angle of the ditch. I didn't hurt my boat, just my pride and my trailer