WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trailer lift?

Badchoices03

Reaction score
So I just bought a new to me bote, and the drive sits super low, it’s only about 4” above the ground when the trailer is level, it scraped out of the parking lot when I picked it up, and I have to use some blocks to get it in and out of my driveway which isn’t even that steep.

What would be the best/easiest way to get the boat sitting a bit higher? Trailer lift? Bunk lift? New bote?

IMG_5380.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Trailer shop in Havasu lifted mine with square tubing to help get over a hump in my river house. Worked well.

Reactions: DWC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I forget the name of the axles but if your trailer has them there is a easy adjustment to pick up a few more inches. (What she said)

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
If torsion you can rotate and adjust the keys, if it is leaf springs there’s a few ways, a block like the rear of a pickup, or different hangers, or to weld a longer perch. Whatever you do stay away from Frank’s in Havasu tho!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I forget the name of the axles but if your trailer has them there is a easy adjustment to pick up a few more inches. (What she said)
torsion axels do that,... also you can add a leaf to the springs...kinda have to see a side view to know whats best ... if the tires are tucked you might have to also lower the fenders to make it look right, trailers can put a hook in the bottom of the boat if not set up right...

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
If it’s that low, the springs are likely under the axles. Just switch them so the springs are above the axles. You might have to redrill the other side of the axle tube to register on the leaf spring pin, but not hard to do correctly with a bit of care, a center punch, and some quality drills.

96motorhead

Reaction score
My trailer is low also. I have a stock bravo 1 though so no nose cone shape like yours. I go sideways into driveways so that the drive doesnt drag. I also bungee cord the drive to the port side which helps keep the drive closer to the trailer axles.

Does the trailer have low profile tires?

Mikes56

Reaction score
Bigger ties if they will fit under the fenders.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that X Dimension is SUPER buried based on that picture?

XClutchboy725

Reaction score
Is the trailer level when hooked to the tow vehicle? if it is nose high, change to a lower drop hitch.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If it’s that low, the springs are likely under the axles. Just switch them so the springs are above the axles. You might have to redrill the other side of the axle tube to register on the leaf spring pin, but not hard to do correctly with a bit of care, a center punch, and some quality drills.
And than add some taller tires if you have room to fill the gap from lifting it

Lumpy

Reaction score
So I just bought a new to me bote, and the drive sits super low, it’s only about 4” above the ground when the trailer is level, it scraped out of the parking lot when I picked it up, and I have to use some blocks to get it in and out of my driveway which isn’t even that steep.

What would be the best/easiest way to get the boat sitting a bit higher? Trailer lift? Bunk lift? New bote?

View attachment 1031005

Just went through a similar deal. I really like what Shlbyntro did here too.
You have several options...take it to a shop, axle flip, axle swap or do what I did...
cre3000
This gave me about a 2 1/2 inch lift and added benefit. or you could go with this
hd-tandem-axle-suspension-kit-k71-359-00
Looks about the same lift...I would defiantly have some drag wheels added to the back of that trailer.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Before and after...Ive got another year to go on these tires so after this season I'm changing
the rims and tires...going bigger with the extra room.
tempImageNoK2pY.png
tempImageMedw1o.png
tempImage7P6Yl8.png

bocco

Reaction score
Just went through a similar deal. I really like what Shlbyntro did here too.
You have several options...take it to a shop, axle flip, axle swap or do what I did...
cre3000
This gave me about a 2 1/2 inch lift and added benefit. or you could go with this
hd-tandem-axle-suspension-kit-k71-359-00
Looks about the same lift...I would defiantly have some drag wheels added to the back of that trailer.

I used the same Dexter kit. It gave me a one inch lift at the axle which in turn gave an extra inch of fender clearance. I then dumped the 60 series tires that came on the trailer and went taller trailer tires. Goodyear endurance. Feels like a whole new rig. It's even easier to push my parking spot.

Also your spring bushings are probably shot so that lets it sit lower. Also the wet bolts that you can grease are really cool.

Now of there was just some water to tow it to.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

View attachment 1031005

Bigger wheels and tires

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk