WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trailer Mover thingy ...

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
What's the name of 'em? Seems like they were made in Temple city or Monrovia, anyway. Who's got one for sale?

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I owned a PowerMover.

This thing was great. I could move my 30’ boat 1” from a wall, amongst other things.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Power caster. You have the dual tire one I want. My single doesn't cut it!
When you say it don't cut the mustard what will the two tire model d for you that the single won't? How much do you want for your single tire mover?

NicPaus

Reaction score
To much tongue weight. The mover leans when turning. Only on my bigger enclosed and dump trailer. The other trailers it works great. Straight it works fine with the bigger trailers. I would need to get a double before selling.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I use a two wheel battery powered Trax Power Dolly. I use it to move my 28' Car Hauler, Hallett 240 when I had it and my 28' Cobalt weighing roughly 9k lbs. Had to buy a hand truck type dolly for the Mandella because the trailer is low, as it should be.

Works great, takes a beating but physics is physics. Tires slip a bit if there is too little tongue weight or too tight of turn or too much slope to the drive. Generally these issues can be worked around with more passes with smaller turns. All in all I'm happy with mine and would buy it again. Mine is not for sale though.

Wheeler

Reaction score
To much tongue weight. The mover leans when turning. Only on my bigger enclosed and dump trailer. The other trailers it works great. Straight it works fine with the bigger trailers. I would need to get a double before selling.
If I decide to sell my pc-3 I'll let you know. :) Damn thing is like my KTM. I used it once and put it away before it killed me! :rolleyes:

Wheeler

Reaction score
My buddy uses a remote control tug for his plane to get out of the hangar.
That's almost as impressive as the plane itself! 🤌

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have them all.
Power Caster 3 is the most brutal (2 wheel) - the most capable.
Dead flat ground with someone standing by with chocks.
The builders go full circle. In and out of business and new styles appear yearly.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
My buddy uses a remote control tug for his plane to get out of the hangar.
Those things are pricey!$$$ I was at Chino airport one day with my Decathlon and a guy from the company came over and demo'd it on my plane.

Tireman

Reaction score
I HAVE one ill sell pm me for pics and price if your interested.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Those things are pricey!$$$ I was at Chino airport one day with my Decathlon and a guy from the company came over and demo'd it on my plane.
My other buddy too cheap to buy remote control lol

20180903_103459 by 185 EZ, on Flickr

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
If I decide to sell my pc-3 I'll let you know. :) Damn thing is like my KTM. I used it once and put it away before it killed me! :rolleyes:
You can probably get twice what you paid for it. Lol

Just a guess ;)

Wheeler

Reaction score
You can probably get twice what you paid for it. Lol

Just a guess ;)
I just looked 'em up and they want 2500 bucks for the damn things! They have also moved to Apache Junction.

BigMike

Reaction score
How do they work going up driveways? Or do they really only work on flat or somewhat flat ground?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
How do they work going up driveways? Or do they really only work on flat or somewhat flat ground?
Personally, I only attempted on pretty much flat ground. I wouldn't trust em on inclines or declines

braindead

Reaction score
Depends how much your moving and the steepness of the driveway, I’d say any boat over 22ft it’s gonna struggle going uphill

BigMike

Reaction score
Depends how much your moving and the steepness of the driveway, I’d say any boat over 22ft it’s gonna struggle going uphill
28’ deck boat going up a short steep driveway. Sounds like I will just keep doing it the old fashioned way with the truck

rrrr

Reaction score
Lancair Evolution... The airplane where they fixed all the IVP's problems.
I didn't know that, don't follow the EAB world much. I do recall several IVP crashes over the last twenty years or so, and it's good to know that Lancair made those changes.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Step up to the plate like a man......

Just buy a forklift. steep driveway or sharp turn? Not an issue. Wrestling with the handle? spinning the tire? What are you talking about????? Just do it right from the start.......

Actually you would be shocked how much you use a forklift around the house..... People don't believe me except for those that finally do it, then its something like "I don't know why I didn't do this ten years ago..."

69hondo

Reaction score
Step up to the plate like a man......

Just buy a forklift. steep driveway or sharp turn? Not an issue. Wrestling with the handle? spinning the tire? What are you talking about????? Just do it right from the start.......

Actually you would be shocked how much you use a forklift around the house..... People don't believe me except for those that finally do it, then its something like "I don't know why I didn't do this ten years ago..."
This. I was looking into one of these movers and then I was like you know a forklift would be even better. Best thing I have bought. I use that thing for everything. Move trailers, lift my buggy up to change tires. Pull engines. Unload countless stuff from truck/trailer and not to mention all the stupid shit I do with it. :p

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
This. I was looking into one of these movers and then I was like you know a forklift would be even better. Best thing I have bought. I use that thing for everything. Move trailers, lift my buggy up to change tires. Pull engines. Unload countless stuff from truck/trailer and not to mention all the stupid shit I do with it. :p
That's my point......
people don't get it until they have one.
One of the ultimate redneck tools.

braindead

Reaction score
That's my point......
people don't get it until they have one.
One of the ultimate redneck tools.
I tried for months to get one at my brothers place, he kept turning me down because “we didn’t have the room”, it’s his place so I couldn’t force the issue cuz my bote is stored there, so a couple months later a friend of the family’s calls me up and offers me his forklift. I asked my brother if I could store my forklift at his place for a couple months until I get my own place and in return he could use it anytime, he agreed and well wouldn’t you know it, after moving his boat around with it once or twice he was hooked and now I probably won’t be able to get it back when I move.

Wheeler

Reaction score
I got a tractor for that kinda shit.

PS_1093W_DIG_BICK - Edited.jpg

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
The trailer mover works well for us. We maneuver a Conquest top cat, Hallet 290 and 21 RC in the garage with it. My only complaint is I don't like operating it on Sunday mornings hung over.

Other than that works great!

Wheeler

Reaction score
The trailer mover works well for us. We maneuver a Conquest top cat, Hallet 290 and 21 RC in the garage with it. My only complaint is I don't like operating it on Sunday mornings hung over.

Other than that works great!
There's an easy fix for that. Go home Monday.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Yeah thats a good idea. My commute from Havasu to work Monday is only 3 hours. Only problem is I'd be hung over at work then.
decisions decisions ...four day work week sounds good.

37 boat

Reaction score
I have a hard time letting go of shit I don't need. As soon as I sell it I'll need the damn thing! I think they have a name for people like me. :)
I'll trade you for some trailer wheels and tires:D

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
32 ft boats no problem

Attachments

• D02E677A-320C-4EAC-B2DE-DF0730DE1187.jpeg
    D02E677A-320C-4EAC-B2DE-DF0730DE1187.jpeg
    560.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 12F7C1FE-5BFC-4658-A4F7-FF634E50B2EC.jpeg
    12F7C1FE-5BFC-4658-A4F7-FF634E50B2EC.jpeg
    924.5 KB · Views: 35

spark2678

Reaction score
Looking for a 10k. I see them come up used once and a while in the $1k range.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Funny. Moving to a new house and the owner has one of these things in the garage and I asked him if he wanted to throw it in with the purchase. He said NO.

I looked up the cost and don’t blame him. Lol