WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trailer Paint

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Wondering what you guys are using and recommend for durability. My competitive is currently red/faded and I ideally want to go black.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Look around, we have a place in Fresno that sells Valspar single stage two part urathane. That is what the dude I use uses. Smells like Sherwin Williams 421 from the 1980's.
Dunno if they will ship, the place is called Schwanns.

If you just want a blow and go, good old rust oleum in the can (not spray can), lays out really nice, adheares well and hides an ass load of sins but since it's just like good old synthetic enamel it air dries only. Drying time can be a day or so.
Since there is no hardener and air dry only it will only last a couple years.

Webuildcustom

Reaction score
If you want durability powder coat it. If you want a showey finish paint it... powder coat is also the cheaper option. If you haven't shopped prices yet you should know the cost of material alone will exceed the cost of a good quality powder coat job.

If you paint it any single stage with a good uv inhibitor will work. The lic (valspar) mentioned above is a decent selection and inexpensive. However the uv inhibitor is not very solid in it and it will fade after a few years. When we used to spray it we would mix hok uc35 clear into the base 50/50 for the last coat or 2. It will make it last virtually forever. Sherwin William's now owns valspar and has a horrible track record of reformulating and flat out repackaging products (which is probably why they smell the same) and putting out total garbage. Run away from anything sherwin William's or omni (off brand ppg) for that matter

I opted to paint mine as I wanted a nice show finish I used glasurit 22 line single stage. It has a good solid gloss. Strong uv inhibitor and its durable. Sprays real nice and with a little practice is a true spray and deliver finish, which is super hard get out of any california compliant product.

Attachments

• 20190310_174446.jpg
    20190310_174446.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 476

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
No kidding that looks killer and I’m going that route for sure! Thank you!

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Tractor Supply equipment paint.
Any color you want. As long as it was on a tractor. Plus black and white.

Dan'l

Drogers87

Reaction score
Hi all - new to posting, long time lurker. I know this is an older thread but thought I'd chime in... Going through a trailer rehab currently (Competitive) and just had my trailer sprayed with PPG DelFleet (single stage gloss). Was going to spray it myself but just didn't have time.

Paint came out really nice, supposedly more durable being a commercial "Fleet" application paint. Was recommended to me by Chuck at Temecula Valley Paint. Great shop and very knowledgeable on their stuff. 1 gallon of primer and 1 gallon of paint did the trailer with a little left over.

I got the good ol' rustoleum auto enamel for the axles. Figured it be easier if i needed to touch up with the rattle can at a later point. We will see how it all holds up.

Dan