WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Train Wreck

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Just heard there was a bad wreck near Phoenix. Any inmate hear about this?

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Hoping no inmates or family have been affected by this

rrrr

Reaction score
The railroad bridge over Town Lake in Tempe has collapsed after a freight train derailment. There's also a huge fire burning.

No citizens were injured, and there's been no word about the train crew. I hope they're OK.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Minor derailment (Last car) in BIg River yesterday too...no fire though...

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
looks like tempe fire could use Buckskin's new Nordic. Doesn't look like they have been able to get water to the middle of the bridge.

2Driver

Reaction score
looks like tempe fire could use Buckskin's new Nordic. Doesn't look like they have been able to get water to the middle of the bridge.

2.5 hours into it and Fire is saying they are standing off a bit until they can find out what is in the tanker cars. Other cars are lumber

Who the hell
is responsible for documenting the load and being able to immediately hand the info over to fire fighters?

What a train wreck :)

Last edited:

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
2.5 hours into it and Fire is saying they are standing off a bit until they can find out what is in the tanker cars. Other cars are lumber

Who the hell
is responsible for documenting the load and being able to immediately hand the info over to fire fighters?

What a train wreck :)
Conductor is responsible. But, assuming they were scrambling to get out, anyone can have the list available in seconds.

Tank

Reaction score
Conductor is responsible. But, assuming they were scrambling to get out, anyone can have the list available in seconds.

Aren't the cars marked with placards like semi's?

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Correct. Everything is online and we had access within minutes of contents and volumes (weights) of each and every car. It is a restricted database. What is told to the news, and what the news states aren’t always consistent. Believe it or not.

2Driver

Reaction score
Correct. Everything is online and we had access within minutes of contents and volumes (weights) of each and every car. It is a restricted database. What is told to the news, and what the news states aren’t always consistent. Believe it or not.

It was the responding department’s Fire spokesman on TV saying they were still trying to obtain content information at 8am and they were taking it slow until they got the info?

I can see if it was mystery material staying the heck back. I was watching this fire guy make the statement about no content info thinking wtf?

Last edited:

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Would be a terrible place for a blevy

The bridge partially collapsed too; that bad boy was a relic from 1912 believe it or not.

A section of the 202 is closed off making my day a real pain.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
It was the responding department’s Fire spokesman on TV saying they were still trying to obtain content information at 8am and they were taking it slow until they got the info?
Yes. The spokesman releases info on a need to know basis.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yes. The spokesman releases info on a need to know basis.
Second one in like 10 days on the Phx sub, been a rough long month.

The paperwork is immediately made available to the fire crews and authorities, however there’s a lot of, tape that has to be gone through before the public knows exacts.
If it however was toxic etc the immediate area would be evacuated, immediately.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Second one in like 10 days on the Phx sub, been a rough long month.

The paperwork is immediately made available to the fire crews and authorities, however there’s a lot of, tape that has to be gone through before the public knows exacts.
If it however was toxic etc the immediate area would be evacuated, immediately.
Agreed. It is also listed online. Especially if there may be a leak... something maybe flammable. Just thinking out loud here, but what do I know?

707dog

Reaction score
yikes that's all bad hope nobody gets hurt🤞

2Driver

Reaction score
I would have taken my new striker down and helped.

26EF1947-DAFA-493C-8A36-2EE00F91993B.jpeg

havasuhusker

Reaction score
That's right outside my office window. Thankfully, I am WFH because of the Covid deal, so glad I don't have to deal w/the traffic headache. I do hope everyone is okay. The bridge is historic from an age perspective.