WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trans Fluid Service - Drain or Flush?

Halvecto

Reaction score
Ok, braintrust; what is the transmission (automatic) service of choice on your trucks? I am at about 70k on my Mini-Duramax Canyon . Some light towing of the boat in summer, occasional trailer for projects. Manufacturer (GMC) recommends every 45k, but I am thinking it can't hurt to service early. My previous Tahoe and F250 both lasted well beyond 125k. F250 started acting up around 175k.

Pan drop and filter or flush? I am not having any issues at all, but I would like to get the maximum life out of this rig.

RaceTec

Reaction score
If you are not having any issues drop the pan and replace the filter. We would see weird stuff happen sometimes with a flush when I worked at Art Carr. You will never get all of the fluid out of the system no matter what unless you pull the converter...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Drain/fill regularly, especially if you tow in the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your ad here

Reaction score
Ford 4r100. Drain/remove pan and change filter. Reinstall pan and fill. Pull return cooler hose off of transmission and let truck run till a gallon of fluid comes out. Reconnect everything and top of fluid.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If you are not having any issues drop the pan and replace the filter. We would see weird stuff happen sometimes with a flush when I worked at Art Carr. You will never get all of the fluid out of the system no matter what unless you pull the converter...

What he said ^^^^