WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Transom covered with water while underway

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I have a 240 and the transom gets sprayed while on plane like the billagio fountain is going off. I get spray water half way on top of the engine hatch. I’m costenly wiping it down.

Anyone else has this issue or had it?
Thinking about taking the drive shower off and seeing if the that’s the culprit.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Its not a swim ladder that is dragging, right?

That was alway the thought. Confirmed it this weekend, Nope.
I even was thinking it was coming up between the transom and swim step, Nope again. It literally comes up in the center of the outdrive and sprays, and it sprays the width of the boat.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Have someone follow and see what the culprit is. Could be tabs , drive depth etc.

I hoping it’s somthing more simpler. Lol. We have 4 240’s that run havasu all the time and I’m the only one. We all run different props 1 has no drive shower, another has the drive shower pick up sit little lower on the drive plate.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Put a go-pro back there

I’m probably the only one who doesn’t own one. Lol. But was thinking the same. I was leaning over the hatch while the wife was driving if I noticed anything, nothing and wasn’t going to stretch to far out. Just looked like strong misters coming up from the prop wash.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I'd take the drive shower off and see if that eliminates it. Easy test

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'd start with making sure the prop you're running is correct. Kinda sounds like its flinging water out. I could see it happening if it's creating too much transom lift.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'd take the drive shower off and see if that eliminates it. Easy test
I'd guess not by his description of it flying up. A shower dragging would more than likely favor one side(depending on shower). My shower is a no-drill and has pickups on both sides.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
I’m probably the only one who doesn’t own one. Lol. But was thinking the same. I was leaning over the hatch while the wife was driving if I noticed anything, nothing and wasn’t going to stretch to far out. Just looked like strong misters coming up from the prop wash.
I had a similar prob, but mine was filling the boat with water, put my GoPro back there and found at certain speeds the drive shower pressure was just right to bounce the water off the top cap cooling fins and it would spray right in the vent under the boarding handle on the transom

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'd start with making sure the prop you're running is correct. Kinda sounds like its flinging water out. I could see it happening if it's creating too much transom lift.

The rev4 does have “cup” to create more bow lift. Doesn’t look to be anything wrong with it. But who knows, it could have been repaired prior to me.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'd guess not by his description of it flying up. A shower dragging would more than likely favor one side(depending on shower). My shower is a no-drill and has pickups on both sides.

Mine is a drill through and on one side. Its literally a finger gap in front of the prop.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The rev4 does have “cup” to create more bow lift. Doesn’t look to be anything wrong with it. But who knows, it could have been repaired prior to me.
I'd bet it has something to do with it, 2FF certainly has a lot of testing and wisdom on props...I'd chat with him.
Swap prop with one of the other friends 240 and see if it changes. Even the drive setup could be off a smidge.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
This is what I was thinking.
I had a similar prob, but mine was filling the boat with water, put my GoPro back there and found at certain speeds the drive shower pressure was just right to bounce the water off the top cap cooling fins and it would spray right in the vent under the boarding handle on the transom
What kind of connection does the outlet have on the top of the drive? I cant imagine a prop running in a surface piercing position would throw water FORWARD onto the boat. Matter of fact, I dont think the physics work out for that to occur. Id look at the drive shower on the top cap or something dragging in the water.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

HavaToon

Reaction score
What brand drive shower? I used to have a Dana Marine drive shower and every year it would clog up by the end of the season causing it to spray everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done-it-again

Reaction score
hey when were ya out in havi?

Friday night. Had trailer work sat morning for a new axel. Then Sunday was blowing and just hung around. Then decided to leave around 5pm. Now we are hitting up the rv show.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Get a selfie stick and Shoot video using newer water proof smart phone or WP case.

shane-o

Reaction score
Friday night. Had trailer work sat morning for a new axel. Then Sunday was blowing and just hung around. Then decided to leave around 5pm. Now we are hitting up the rv show.
damn man I was up there the week before with my cousin dub and mejo for a guys trip. Weather was epic except for sunday afternoon it was blown out and got caught up in it coming back from topock. Boat ate it up but there were a couple big rollers lol. You going to go back up anytime soon?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bizarre.. I would think with the giant swim steps the 240’s have that it would be hard for water to spray up and around that?

If it was me I’d take some video with go pros to see what’s going on.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Bizarre.. I would think with the giant swim steps the 240’s have that it would be hard for water to spray up and around that?

If it was me I’d take some video with go pros to see what’s going on.

It’s very bizarre, just kind of delt with it. Saturday heading to the springs half the bimini was wet that was laying on the hatch. Had to wipe it all down prior to eating breakfast. People thought what a crazy Hallett owner.

I’ll take some video next trip. Just will need help posting said video.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let me know next time you are in Havasu.. I have several go pros and this should be easy to figure out

UltraLucky

Reaction score
I have had a similar issue with my 210, same result with 2 differant types of drive shower. Seems to be from the prop when running to much positive trim. Latest prop is not as bad.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I have had a similar issue with my 210, same result with 2 differant types of drive shower. Seems to be from the prop when running to much positive trim. Latest prop is not as bad.

What props have you run?

UltraLucky

Reaction score
What props have you run?
Mirage, Cutting edge 4 blade, and Bravo 1. Smaller diameter mirage with the standard lower was the worst at sending water up on to the hatch area. Probably because of the high RPM and trim angle. First Cutting edge 4 blade would do it but not as bad. The Bravo 1 FS I haven't noticed much of any water.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Mirage, Cutting edge 4 blade, and Bravo 1. Smaller diameter mirage with the standard lower was the worst at sending water up on to the hatch area. Probably because of the high RPM and trim angle. First Cutting edge 4 blade would do it but not as bad. The Bravo 1 FS I haven't noticed much of any water.

Thanks for the info.

I was also thinking if it could be my exhaust sending to much water out. They are under water until I plane, then they out.

Really need to get a go pro so I can see things.