WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Transom Thickness?

ChrisV

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 1987 Eliminator liberty that I'm currently replacing the transom. The original transom thick ness is 1.5" Should I step it up to 2", 2.5"? Will also be adding knees to it.

I will be install in a jack plate with an 12" set back. Engine will be an 300x or 225 promax depending what I find.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Chris.

Attachments

zx14

Reaction score
And install kickers to stringers

ChrisV

Reaction score
bought 3/4 plywood. Deciding on 2.25" or 3". Will find out in couple days. Thanks guys.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 1987 Eliminator liberty that I'm currently replacing the transom. The original transom thick ness is 1.5" Should I step it up to 2", 2.5"? Will also be adding knees to it.

I will be install in a jack plate with an 12" set back. Engine will be an 300x or 225 promax depending what I find.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Chris.
You might consider simply making it thicker in the middle. 3/4" should be fine outside the knees. I did my lavey this way and it's so fucking stout (with solid mounts) that the first time I ran it I thought the motor was coming apart because I can feel all the engine harmonics in the gunnel and the deck.

ChrisV

Reaction score
You might consider simply making it thicker in the middle. 3/4" should be fine outside the knees. I did my lavey this way and it's so fucking stout (with solid mounts) that the first time I ran it I thought the motor was coming apart because I can feel all the engine harmonics in the gunnel and the deck.
I ended up using three 3/4" marine ply with 1708 in between. Should be good enough for what I'm trying to do. Don't want the rear end of the boat to be super heavy.