WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

transport west

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
Outlaw Transport will have an empty truck next monday in the Dallas area looking for another boat to haul. give us a call and lets make a deal.
fullsizeoutput_2039.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
Outlaw Transport will have an empty truck next monday in the Dallas area looking for another boat to haul. give us a call and lets make a deal. View attachment 816396
I'm not talking shit serious question here, any way to drum up business gets the bills paid. That said how much business do you get when you post a thread like this, does it usually pan out and how many are actual members here vs lurkers.

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, as I understand that's business, I was just curious. I do love seeing some of the hardware you transport. Simply amazing.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Wish you were a little further East with a flat bed. Have a truck in a field I need brought from Arkansas.

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
I'm not talking shit serious question here, any way to drum up business gets the bills paid. That said how much business do you get when you post a thread like this, does it usually pan out and how many are actual members here vs lurkers.

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, as I understand that's business, I was just curious. I do love seeing some of the hardware you transport. Simply amazing.

I don't know how many lurkers are here. I do get phone calls asking for transport quotes. Biggest problem is people getting bids from people that are not a legal hauler and come in with a cheap quote for them to make some weekend money They tell people that they have commercial cargo ins but never provide it. Or they use a truck way under the capacity of the weight of the boat. All I can stress to members here is to ask for an accord certificate of insurance and just don't look at it call the agent in the upper left corner and ask if the ins is in effect and if the carrier has marine cargo ins. Remember if a carrier pays for a policy and the following month fails to make a payment his cert says he is good for a year yet his policy is cancelled. that's why you must call to verify You have a large investment in your boat so take 5 minutes and verify the hauler is legal. Also they need not just a DOT number but if the boat goes across state lines they need to provide you with an MC or motor carrier number. without both those numbers they are not legal and if god forbid they have a problem your boat will NOT be covered. I am not cheap but you get what you pay for

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I don't know how many lurkers are here. I do get phone calls asking for transport quotes. Biggest problem is people getting bids from people that are not a legal hauler and come in with a cheap quote for them to make some weekend money They tell people that they have commercial cargo ins but never provide it. Or they use a truck way under the capacity of the weight of the boat. All I can stress to members here is to ask for an accord certificate of insurance and just don't look at it call the agent in the upper left corner and ask if the ins is in effect and if the carrier has marine cargo ins. Remember if a carrier pays for a policy and the following month fails to make a payment his cert says he is good for a year yet his policy is cancelled. that's why you must call to verify You have a large investment in your boat so take 5 minutes and verify the hauler is legal. Also they need not just a DOT number but if the boat goes across state lines they need to provide you with an MC or motor carrier number. without both those numbers they are not legal and if god forbid they have a problem your boat will NOT be covered. I am not cheap but you get what you pay for

I'm not positive, but I don't believe he asked if your competition was shady or legit. LOL.

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
I'm not positive, but I don't believe he asked if your competition was shady or legit. LOL.

I agree with you, I just get on these rants sometimes because when I give a bid on a movement I am competing with other people that are not legit and so their cost is way less and the customer is asking me why I'm more expensive. I watched a guy last month show up in Havasu to load a 42 MTI CC which with a trailer wheighs close to 22,000 with a 2500 single wheel dodge with no name on the truck and when the boat owner asked for insurance he could not provide it. Owner ended up giving me the boat. There is more to the story but lets just leave it there.

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
Back to the thread subject one of my trucks is dropping in dallas, tx this saturday and we are looking for a trailer coming back to the west coast. Call and lets make a deal

HCP3

Reaction score
I agree with you, I just get on these rants sometimes because when I give a bid on a movement I am competing with other people that are not legit and so their cost is way less and the customer is asking me why I'm more expensive. I watched a guy last month show up in Havasu to load a 42 MTI CC which with a trailer wheighs close to 22,000 with a 2500 single wheel dodge with no name on the truck and when the boat owner asked for insurance he could not provide it. Owner ended up giving me the boat. There is more to the story but lets just leave it there.

FullSizeR.jpg