WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trashed Desert.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the new age of offroaders gotten lazy and just shitty?
We took the buggy out for first time this year and first off the desert is completely littered with trash, beer cans, and other cans, plastic bottles etc.
As well wtf it is chopped to hell out here in Fort Mohave. As well the courtesy is out the window anymore,
Na bro I’ll scoot out of your way so you don’t have to get off the trail at all.
Na bro it’s cool you and your homies are cool just park in the middle of the trail, and hang out.
I mean wtf is it this bad everywhere? I wanted just to slam my car into a few plastic golf carts tonight.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Fucking side by sides have ruined the trails around Havasu, used to be a place you could ride a dirt bike and have a little fun... they fucked that up. The wake board boats of the desert! Anybody with a pulse can drive one of those fucking things, don't even need to shift. Offroading used to take some effort and skill and even physical fitness (compared to you riding a dirt bike, ) not any more, pay $40k for a 200HP 35" tire desert rocket and load up your obese family and go off with beer and food stops every mile. Roost and tire spin until you create giant ruts and fuck up every trail around town, nice job! This has really exploded in the last few years, this season is crazy. Does anyone have any vision where they think this is all going, it doesn't seem sustainable at the rate it is going?

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Just remember that anyone with a credit score of 450 can walk into any dirtbike shop and walk out with a 1000cc turbocharged race machine for a 27% interest rate and payments of $250 for 20 years. These people with zero off-road experience will be on all the same trails as you and your kid’s.

It’s not their fault really. Most of them honestly just don’t have a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Fucking side by sides have ruined the trails around Havasu, used to be a place you could ride a dirt bike and have a little fun... they fucked that up. The wake board boats of the desert! Anybody with a pulse can drive one of those fucking things, don't even need to shift. Offroading used to take some effort and skill and even physical fitness (compared to you riding a dirt bike, ) not any more, pay $40k for a 200HP 35" tire desert rocket and load up your obese family and go off with beer and food stops every mile. Roost and tire spin until you create giant ruts and fuck up every trail around town, nice job! This has really exploded in the last few years, this season is crazy. Does anyone have any vision where they think this is all going, it doesn't seem sustainable at the rate it is going?

Are you talking about me? Lol

DLC

Reaction score
Just remember that anyone with a credit score of 450 can walk into any dirtbike shop and walk out with a 1000cc turbocharged race machine for a 27% interest rate and payments of $250 for 20 years. These people with zero off-road experience will be on all the same trails as you and your kid’s.

It’s not their fault really. Most of them honestly just don’t have a clue.

I look at it differently the sxs gets people off the couch away from iPads and gaming and gets them out in fresh air and dusty trails. Everyone is new at one time we just need to teach the rookies how it’s done.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I said this years ago. I kind of got blasted for it. I also think kids need helmets in those things and got blasted for that as well 😊

pixrthis

Reaction score
I ran across a camp of tent campers, no off-road vehicles at all, in Cal City this weekend that had lots of trash bags piled up ripped open and blowing in the wind which pissed me off. Pack it in, pack it out, put litter in it’s place all need to be said and done by everyone.

grumpy88

Reaction score
And some where there is a hiker saying dirt bikes fucked up the desert . There was a time when men crossed the country on horseback but we have evolved . Point of the thread was trash being left in the desert .

Gelcoater

Reaction score
And some where there is a hiker saying dirt bikes fucked up the desert . There was a time when men crossed the country on horseback but we have evolved . Point of the thread was trash being left in the desert .
I believe?
He was pointing out “who” in that post.
The newbs with zero respect of the desert.
They just want to be one of the Jones, without realizing Jones actually picks up after themselves. Some people just suck.
I’m sure all the folks who live in Big Bear and other mountain communities could tell similar stories about their area.

And for what it’s worth I agree. The SxS cars are completely changing the off-road trails, dunes, etc😡

NicPaus

Reaction score
Noticed there was hundreds of blue trash bags on the side of highway between Parker and Havasu yesterday. Like a semi lost a load but they were spread every 20 yards like someone filled them from trash on side of the road and left them to be picked up.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
As sad as this sounds it’s just as bad in my 3200# buggy. You chose to rattle your teeth and cry about your man boobs bouncing, or go faster, as frankly my preferred speed is 32-37mph. The chatter bump is mostly caused by the clowns only knowing to mash the gas then mash the brakes and repeat.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Wifie collected 7 bags of trash in Red Mountain.

With her trash pick up stick, her round lense sunglasses and a German Shepard people think she’s blind.
Wifie center screen:
C7559859-BB07-4C72-890C-359F0CCF3427.jpeg

Most camps are clean and the people are conscientious. It’s usually the narcissist MX drunk punks that don’t give a flying fuck or people that put their trash bags outside their RVs.

The birds instantly descend on them rip the bags open then the wind does the rest.

Birds are clever. A tricycle in our backyard attracts ducks looking for that little kid to appear with bread to feed them, a trash bag brings seagulls and Ravens

Last edited:

Meaney77

Reaction score
Wifie collected 7 bags of trash in Red Mountain.

With her trash pick up stick, her round lense sunglasses and a German Shepard people think she’s blind.
Wifie center screen:
View attachment 947329
Most camps are clean and the people are conscientious. It’s usually the narcissist MX drunk punks that don’t give a flying fuck or people that put their trash bags outside their RVs.

The birds instantly descend on them rip the bags open then the wind does the rest.

Birds are clever. A tricycle in our backyard attracts ducks looking for that little kid to appear with bread to feed them, a trash bag brings seagulls and Ravens
Good on you guys and cleaning up the desert. We were always taught to leave the place you visit better for the next person to enjoy.

We were on our way home yesterday from Mammoth and couldn't believe the amount of people coming home from Spangler (Randsburg Road Cut off) Their were RV's as far as the eye could see. Also noticed the trash bins at Dove Springs and Jawbone were completely over filled with trash and people seemed to leave their crap everywhere around the bins. Perfect for when the wind comes up and blows it across the desert again.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
We always hauled our trash out, a couple of those big 50 gallon can liners doubled up and stuffed between the bikes on the trailer. Places we went were so remote there wasn't any trash pick up so I guess we didn't have any choice.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Trash and common curtesy is a real problem as of late. Ocotillo Wells is where we were Wed-Sun and the wind blew big time. Trash stuck in many bushes.

The biggest issue is being on the trail in a jeep and these Robby Gordon A types are just ruthless. They know you cant catch them and they look like everybody else in the crowd. Fly by's on a 10' wide trail me doing 15 mph real rocky and they school me passing me at 50+.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Trash and common curtesy is a real problem as of late. Ocotillo Wells is where we were Wed-Sun and the wind blew big time. Trash stuck in many bushes.

The biggest issue is being on the trail in a jeep and these Robby Gordon A types are just ruthless. They know you cant catch them and they look like everybody else in the crowd. Fly by's on a 10' wide trail me doing 15 mph real rocky and they school me passing me at 50+.
That is one of the biggest issues for sure. Or you run up on them and they refuse to give berth to the trail and let you around. The 199$ a month mentality really has ruined the desert in my opinion. It’s great these sxs’s have allowed so many more family’s the ability to get out and enjoy the desert, but the majority truly seem to have adopted the Wave Runner/Jet Ski mentality.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Nothing pisses me off more than coming across a pile of trash out in the middle of the dunes. Not sure how to stop it either? Some People are just Fucking Pigs!!!

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I have a home in Munds Park Az. We're here now. When we completed the place, I swore I would never drive past a piece of trash, in the woods.

I didn't realize what I signed up for. We typically use the woods from south of Munds Canyon, all the way down to Sedona and east to Mormon Lake. There are days that I fill the bed of a Ranger and even the back seat.

I have picked up, pots-n-pans, hubcaps, even a car door one time. The number one item is BL cans. I am absolutely flabbergasted at the lack of respect people have for Americas wild places. The OP is right. Newbies, unfamiliar with tradition and a sense of right and wrong are at fault. I'm an Arizona native and this place has turned to absolute shit as far as the quality of the population. Who just throws shit out the window?

Another thing I do every spring; I drive as many FS roads as I can, both open numbered ones and the outlaw ones that aren't. (people use them as much as the recognized ones) I carry a chain saw and cut the fallen logs, blocking the road, which there are many. If I don't, folks (lazy folks) just drive around them and create yet another trail, where one needn't be. there are literally hundreds of places, I've cleared. Did one yesterday.

We also STAY THE FUCK OUT of the woods when its muddy. Rutting up the FS roads is a shitweasel move.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Filled up a full bag of trash at the top of Olds Friday night, mostly beer cans, but did find a few bottles.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Good access roads bring bad people, bad access roads bring good people.

Wife has some family business to deal with in Vegas next week. SamsTown RV park has Homeless and crackheads banging on the RV door all night. We'll dry camp at Jean Dry Lake instead.
She has a box of trash bags lined up and will easily fill them.

Last edited: