WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Travel Letters

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Anyone else get one? Got mine emailed to me today. Feels like Gestapo shit.:)

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
What do you mean by travel letters?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

If town gets locked down, you can show letter to authorities stating you are supposed to be out on road going to a job.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I have one. Actually have a few due to working for municipalities and maintaining critical equipment.

SixD9R

Reaction score
My company here is Pa. is deemed an “essential business” because we make oxygen for hospitals among other things. They sent out the letters for people that (unlike myself) can’t work from home. I suppose if someone gets stopped on the road they could show the letter and? Even though our governor issued a stay at home order people can still drive to the grocery store and doctors office without some letter so I don’t see what so special about it.

wash11

Reaction score
Department of Agriculture rep reached out with a number to give if stopped. Says between the farm plates on my truck and USDA farm number we are to continue on as usual. Hauling raw materials/feed and livestock this time of year has us out and about quite a bit. It was kind of surreal having the conversation.

C-2

Reaction score
Even though our governor issued a stay at home order people can still drive to the grocery store and doctors office without some letter so I don’t see what so special about it.

Agreed. My wife works for a mom and pop (5 employee) business in grocery and they issued them, too. Her co-worker was flashed with the spotlight by a CHP yesterday morning at 3:45 a.m.

I work for the State in non-sworn law enforcement and we don't have letters. Badges, but no letters.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I've got my placard stating that I'm essential, I was also told ta have my TWIC card, employee badge and DL on me at all times.

beertruck

Reaction score
Sent ours out yesterday.
Its so if employees of essential business, get caught on the road during stay at home status, they can show they are on the way to a essential job.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Yes I have one for myself and my teams, already had to use them once in Vegas.

Singleton

Reaction score
Wife has 1 for her job (she is in IT and supports the revenue and accounting systems), however we predict her company will be out of business and not reopen when economy reopens. before she ever has to use it.
LifeTime Fitness CEO stated, 90% of employees will be furloughed by April 15
24hr Fitness has already started furloughs, wife survived phase 1, phase 2 in early April

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I sent letters to my crew in Michigan. March 24 the state mandated a curfew and they are working a swing shift.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Wife has 1 for her job (she is in IT and supports the revenue and accounting systems), however we predict her company will be out of business and not reopen when economy reopens. before she ever has to use it.
LifeTime Fitness CEO stated, 90% of employees will be furloughed by April 15
24hr Fitness has already started furloughs, wife survived phase 1, phase 2 in early April
I'm sorry to hear!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ConcreteDr

Reaction score
We have them in all our trucks and the staff that’s not remotely working has them we did it over last weekend

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

part of the new normal. Small businesses will not reopen if we can’t get things stabilized by April 15 IMO.
businesses today can’t make payroll with no revenue coming in.

96scarab

Reaction score
Yup, I got mine too. Aviation is essential .

Taboma

Reaction score
Who is sending these out. Business to their employees or state government?

Just thought I'd confirm, that although you might start feeling as if the post with your valid question (One which I share) has been sent to a forum far far away and has been rendered invisible in our dimension --- I can see it 👍 It does exist, so keep the faith, there's about a 20% chance somebody will respond, eventually, maybe, it's a RDP thing.
;)

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Everyone in a deemed critical business all of the sudden wants a "letter" or statement.

Its like School - Everyone wants to be able to show someone their hall pass " in case".

Criticality runs up and down the food chain - if you are supplying parts to a critical business you are by default critical, and on down if you sell products made by a critical business - you are critical.

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Must be regional since no one I know has one of these coveted letters.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Must be regional since no one I know has one of these coveted letters.

Companies with any amount of employees have been" forced" to issue one simply to assuage fears.

There is no requirement for such letter or placard, but groups of people will dream up worst case scenarios in times like this.

As annoying as it is - I just gave them a PDF letter.

Dave

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I printed up a bunch on letterhead and gave them to our guys. A few go to Mexico every weekend and were worried about being able to get back over on Monday.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Companies with any amount of employees have been" forced" to issue one simply to assuage fears.

There is no requirement for such letter or placard, but groups of people will dream up worst case scenarios in times like this.

Dave
This Right here. I had some drafted as soon as I heard our Governor was going to lock it down. I have a lot of immigrant labor, milkers and farm hands etc, that were already on edge and asking when they had to start staying home. I handed them out more for reassurance than anything. They all know if shit gets Totally real, get yourself and your family out to the dairy. No one will be hungry or bored. I am fortunate to have plenty of facility to "shelter in place" all of my people and their families if need be for quite some time. I don't ever foresee that happening in this event, but we do have plans in place to sustain our farm for quite a while in a "worst case" scenario.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I printed up a bunch on letterhead and gave them to our guys. A few go to Mexico every weekend and were worried about being able to get back over on Monday.
Why do they go to Mexico at this point of time .
——Stay home ——

oldschool

Reaction score

Dave
Our employees have ID badges with their picture and our company name on it. We are a produce packer/shipper and deemed essential. We haven’t issued letters. A lot of drama queens making the letters seem like a bigger deal than it is.

C-2

Reaction score
Who is sending these out. Business to their employees or state government?

Businesses to their employees I believe. Like I said, I work for the State and know many other state workers, none of whom have letters. I'm sure they exist, but it's not a blanket type thing; not even for "essential" workers. I know my wife's employer didn't receive any directive to send out letters.

C-2

Reaction score
No way in hell is someone going to ask me where are going.

I'm pretty sure LEO can. With state, county and city orders in place, it's not unreasonable to stop and ask you why you're not home.

Reasonable suspicion is easily articulated - "I saw John Doe driving while the Governor's stay at home order was in place". No probable cause needed, only a reasonable suspicion to detain and ask a question.

Of course, the easy explanation would be "I'm going to the grocery store." No letter needed.

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure LEO can. With state, county and city orders in place, it's not unreasonable to stop and ask you why you're not home.

Reasonable suspicion is easily articulated - "I saw John Doe driving while the Governor's stay at home order was in place". No probable cause needed, only a reasonable suspicion to detain and ask a question.

Of course, the easy explanation would be "I'm going to the grocery store." No letter needed.

So if stopped traveling from San Diego to our Havasu home, I could just say I'm going to Havasu because I heard they still had toilet paper ? 😂

C-2

Reaction score
If you think about, every business in the economy is "essential," there's lots of moving parts in our economy. If the service or product wasn't essential, then they wouldn't be in business as there is no demand for it.

So there, that's my argument as to why I am still going to work!

Reactions: lf2

C-2

Reaction score
So if stopped traveling from San Diego to our Havasu home, I could just say I'm going to Havasu because I heard they still had toilet paper ? 😂

In that instance, the proper response would be "Alan F" said it's okay.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
We got ours back on the 17th, it’s just a bummer my wife used it as a match to light the firepit. Guess I’m stuck at home cannot go to work 😳😁😁

rush1

Reaction score
I've got one for Bimbo bakeries, my dumb ass guys printed and left them in their service truck I asked them how they planed on getting to work? They finally realized they might need it all of the time. LoL

Tank

Reaction score
You guys do realize there's no enforceable law here right? No cop is going to cite you, or arrest you or most likely even stop you just because you're out and about. All this quarantine, lock down BS is suggested only as precautions. There's no laws. And if there was an emergency order enacted, a company letter saying you're essential will work as well as you just explaining what you're doing.

But carry on

WildWilly

Reaction score
You guys do realize there's no enforceable law here right? No cop is going to cite you, or arrest you or most likely even stop you just because you're out and about. All this quarantine, lock down BS is suggested only as precautions. There's no laws. And if there was an emergency order enacted, a company letter saying you're essential will work as well as you just explaining what you're doing.

But carry on

we've had to use ours for property owners more than anything trying to deny access, not as much because of LEO's

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
My wife got her's on Monday.
Me, I just carry a bigger gun and a B.U.G. ( Back up Gun ):D:oops: