WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Travel trailer fiberglass repair

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Looking for the cheapest easiest way to fix this. Had a small mishap this weekend. Not structural. Just cosmetic. Cheap chopper gun end cap. Want to make it look decent again and not devalue too badly when we sell. Would like to get an RV.

Anyone do or know who does this reasonably or can point me in the right direction for tackling myself?
View attachment 371680 View attachment 371681

I'll have to hammer the metal but the crack in the fiberglass is what I need help. Also another smaller crack around the back. Not sure if I can pull it off with a cheap patch kit. Trailer is in Chino Ontario area.

fmo24

Reaction score
I recall somebody taking their Moho to Lavey. Not sure if it was for repairs or just detailing?

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I got crazy and am trying myself. Not bad so far. Prepped first then glassed back for strength. Glasses front and letting dry. Will sand in the morning and then gelcoat and finish sand. Hoping it turns out alright. Couldn't see spending a few hundred on a chopper gun bumper that I'm going to get rid of eventually anyway. And it was a hand me down. Now my boat. That's another story. That thing is babied. Only in for 60 bucks. Damn quart of gelcoat is expensive.