WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

TRAVIS PASTRANA

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
That's great to bring to wide spread attention to the sport.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

BONER

Reaction score
I think he did some sort of Offshore Race last year. IIRC, some sort of equipment failure led to a DNF.

Keymyster

Reaction score
Hope he does well. Love watching this guy.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Love this guy; so humble and a fantastic athlete.

You can watch a few of his full length films for free on Crackle. I just watched 2018 Action Figures II. These guys are nuts but true kings of their sports. I was pretty rough on my body when I was younger. Snowboarding, skiing, skate boarding, bike racing etc. Broke ankles, tore up knees etc, but NOTHING compared to the brutality these guys put their bodies through. What I am getting at, is at 46 I am in pain all the time. Arthritis, sore joints, hip issues, and I take really good care of myself (I work out, eat well and ride a lot of bicycles). These guys will ALL be in wheel chairs by the time they are 50. Don't they realize what they are going to have to deal with when they are older? I mean, I think these guys do more damage than Evel ever did. He would get hurt a few times a year doing a big stunt, but these dudes are breaking shit every time they go out and ride dirt bikes, skate, bmx etc.

Last edited:

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
He seems like an awesome guy. Must be nice to be a good driver of pretty much anything and get these opportunities.

Tank

Reaction score
If you guys haven’t seen the documentary unchained, do yourself a favor and watch it. Talks about how Pastrana at like 15 or 16 started riding with the crusty guys and all the shinnanigans. FANTASTIC show.

here’s the SOTW article on pastrana driving mrs Geico for the APBA 2020 season. Hope they’rein key west.

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
He seems like an awesome guy. Must be nice to be a good driver of pretty much anything and get these opportunities.

"He seems like an awesome guy" pretty much sums it up. He crashes just as much as he wins, but his attitude, way with people and personality are what really gets him his jobs. There are guys that were good at doing backflips on motorcycles, but they just fade away because they really don't have much else to offer. Travis is not only a nice guy, but a markets the hell out of himself. Deserves all he gets; guy is non stop!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Love this guy; so humble and a fantastic athlete.

You can watch a few of his full length films for free on Crackle. I just watched 2018 Action Figures II. These guys are nuts but true kings of their sports. I was pretty rough on my body when I was younger. Snowboarding, skiing, skate boarding, bike racing etc. Broke ankles, tore up knees etc, but NOTHING compared to the brutality these guys put their bodies through. What I am getting at, is at 46 I am in pain all the time. Arthritis, sore joints, hip issues, and I take really good care of myself (I work out, eat well and ride a lot of bicycles). These guys will ALL be in wheel chairs by the time they are 50. Don't they realize what they are going to have to deal with when they are older? I mean, I think these guys do more damage than Evel ever did. He would get hurt a few times a year doing a big stunt, but these dudes are breaking shit every time they go out and ride dirt bikes, skate, bmx etc.
I think you'd be surprised how infrequently they actually get substantially hurt. I have a friend that is in nitro circus (Dusty) and it's pretty astounding how little the majority of them have been hurt. When they do get hurt though, it is big and a long recovery which is likely why it seems like they are getting hurt constantly.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I think you'd be surprised how infrequently they actually get substantially hurt. I have a friend that is in nitro circus (Dusty) and it's pretty astounding how little the majority of them have been hurt. When they do get hurt though, it is big and a long recovery which is likely why it seems like they are getting hurt constantly.

Well Travis broke 28 bones before the age of 15! More than me for sure! hahaha! :D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

Yeah when the risk is separating your spine from your skull or pelvis...I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yeah when the risk is separating your spine from your skull or pelvis...I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well Travis broke 28 bones before the age of 15! More than me for sure! hahaha! :D
Yeah, like I said, when they do get hurt, they get hurt big and Travis is worse than most anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk