WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trifecta vs South Bay vs Berkshire

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Well, I think it’s safe to say from my homework there isn’t any significant differences between these three boats after seeing them all.

The ‘19 super sport line up has a bigger arch for more shade and the front Bimini can be made to match up pretty nice.

This is an ‘18 arch
IMG_3784.jpg

Here is a ‘19
IMG_3786.jpg

And a front extension
IMG_3785.jpg

[emoji736]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I have been looking at the Trifecta’s. I really like the look, style, and amenities.

TCHB

Reaction score
I love the full shade. If I wanted a fast boat it would be a DW 32 with twin on the back.

Living here full time and boating weekly the comfort and shade is great for us old guys. The RV recliners are also nice.
One thing people think the boat is easier to keep up. No way. All seats get wiped down and the entire boat gets wiped down just like any other boats. I love having the powder coated toons. Makes it easy to clean up.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Full shade is a must on a toon in my opinion. The more I think about it the more I am swinging towards my wife’s idea of having a nice twin engine toon in a slip and the 21’ Liberator jet for faster fun. She also wants a tow boat for the kids, not sure I could own a roll bar boat again...... But as happy as it makes the kids I may wind up with one in the stable

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Before you finally pull the trigger go check out an xflight from advantage. I saw my first one at the boat show this year in la. It was impressive.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Before you finally pull the trigger go check out an xflight from advantage. I saw my first one at the boat show this year in la. It was impressive.

I remember when the first one was built. Interesting boats for sure! If I was gonna go that route I’d just keep this
IMG_9176.jpg

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
whats the thought process of giving up the deck for a toon?

The toon is a larger, smoother, quieter, more relaxing boat and I can leave it in a slip so on days that I don’t have much time we can still get on the water.

I personally prefer the deck, but my wife has made some good points about the toon and I’m willing to give her ideas a go.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The toon is a larger, smoother, quieter, more relaxing boat and I can leave it in a slip so on days that I don’t have much time we can still get on the water.

I personally prefer the deck, but my wife has made some good points about the toon and I’m willing to give her ideas a go.

Sounds boring lol. I completely understand the slip part though it makes life 1000 times easier.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Sounds boring lol. I completely understand the slip part though it makes life 1000 times easier.

Not too boring when you still have three other boats to choose from[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
And a 75-77mph toon doesn’t sound too bad does it???

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Not too boring when you still have three other boats to choose from[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
And a 75-77mph toon doesn’t sound too bad does it???

Lol i was saying to myself i would need another boat in the stable. 75 in a toon with nothing but a couple coors light cans and plywood between me and the water actually sounds terrifying lol.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Lol i was saying to myself i would need another boat in the stable. 75 in a toon with nothing but a couple coors light cans and plywood between me and the water actually sounds terrifying lol.

Hahahaha yeah I hear that!!! I don’t know that I could have a toon as my only boat, I like too many different styles of boating. My ideal would be a toon, jet or v-drive hot rod, and 27 or 28 speedster.

PlanB

Reaction score
Bought our first toon as a second boat when we had our Skater, and the Skater only got wet twice the following season. We ended up enjoying the toon a lot more than we thought. I have thought about getting another boat, but I hate launch ramps. Having the toon on a lift in the Marina is about as easy as it gets. My next one will have twin O/B's though.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Bought our first toon as a second boat when we had our Skater, and the Skater only got wet twice the following season. We ended up enjoying the toon a lot more than we thought. I have thought about getting another boat, but I hate launch ramps. Having the toon on a lift in the Marina is about as easy as it gets. My next one will have twin O/B's though.

I like the lift idea! Im gonna need to learn more about that....

guest hs

Reaction score
Now throw this Berkshire into the mix. All of these made from forest river. Seriously, is there anything that separates these boats from each other or is it truly just dealers selling different product names and maybe their clients?

This is one very nice boat! Gonna be comparing it now to the Bennington that we like.

View attachment 669867

View attachment 669868

View attachment 669871

I'm a Southbay dealer. The biggest differences of the Trifecta are the front fiberglass pods where the side fences meets the front.

guest hs

Reaction score
Being a Southbay dealer I'm going to argue the fact with anyone that thinks the plywood deck is better then the composite deck.
1. The composite deck has a life time warranty
2. The composite deck is 50% lighter then the wood deck
3. The composite deck will not Rot or form Mildew
4. The composite deck is fiberglass sealed top and bottom and is 100% green to the environment
5. The composite deck is bug free. Wood will attract bugs. The plywood deck is injected with a poison that helps treat it from water intrusion. When bugs get around it they will die nested into the plywood
6. The composite deck is one piece with no seams
7. The one piece deck means its easier to install which equates to less money spent at the factory on each build and is put right back into the boat at the contact points which are now all through bolted to the chasse every 10 to 13 inches at the outside edge. All decks are extended on all models by 5 inches with the savings of using this material. The capacity has been added to each boat by one more additional person with this technology
8. When the flooring is applied to the composite deck there is no lifting like plywood could sliver off from itself and cause floor lifting
I can tell you this in a nut shell, every pontoon deck will use the V Lite product when its no longer exclusive to Forest River product. This is the future of pontoon decks and if you think otherwise you are in denial!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I remember when the first one was built. Interesting boats for sure! If I was gonna go that route I’d just keep this View attachment 726108

Ahhhhhhhh, your Howard was the boat that I wanted to have built. It all truly came down to what and how the boat gets used. I had more things telling me to do the toon. We are really happy with the Berkshire. I couldn’t find anything that told me not to buy it. The white merc 400, the extreme triple axle trailer and a home run dual console arch model that my wife liked. And yes, I had too get a bigger slip for what they said is smaller boat [emoji848]. Take my money.

IMG_7691.jpg

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhh, your Howard was the boat that I wanted to have built. It all truly came down to what and how the boat gets used. I had more things telling me to do the toon. We are really happy with the Berkshire. I couldn’t find anything that told me not to buy it. The white merc 400, the extreme triple axle trailer and a home run dual console arch model that my wife liked. And yes, I had too get a bigger slip for what they said is smaller boat [emoji848]. Take my money.

View attachment 726748

That’s a beautiful boat!

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
I have had a Forrest River pontoon.... Their Factory Support is the WORST!!! I currently have a Forest River Diesel Pusher cause I didn't get jerked around enough by the marine division , I went back for more...

I think Warren is busy counting his cash or playing real estate... Stay with a brand that has a proven history in the Boat industry.

I urge anyone looking to avoid the F.R. line of product unless you have a dealer that is going to stand up and handle the warranty.

I wouldn't buy a lawn mower from Forrest river at this point.

TCHB

Reaction score
My Playcraft uses the normal marine plywood which is old school. I often wondered why not go to the composite decks?? For years Suntracker has used its Metal Decks covered by carpet.

PlanB

Reaction score
I have had a Forrest River pontoon.... Their Factory Support is the WORST!!! I currently have a Forest River Diesel Pusher cause I didn't get jerked around enough by the marine division , I went back for more...

I think Warren is busy counting his cash or playing real estate... Stay with a brand that has a proven history in the Boat industry.

I urge anyone looking to avoid the F.R. line of product unless you have a dealer that is going to stand up and handle the warranty.

I wouldn't buy a lawn mower from Forrest river at this point.

One of the reasons I have had Two Bennington's over the past 15 years. On my first toon, they were sending me new interior pieces until year 10 when I traded it in. All I had to say was the stitching was getting worn from the sun, and they would approve a warranty claim no problem. I have had the current boat 4 years and I have not had to use it yet, but I already know they stand behind their product.